What's new

Bye Bye Burke

"Rotonda" Burke still has a Utah Jazz cap on her twitter account. It must have been a busy night for her...

Incorrect. It was the last pick in the lottery and one early 20's pick

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
You are correct sir. Unfixed

I'd have to say Minnesota won that trade.

Utah was looking at Giannis and Gobert with their two picks. So, we essentially traded Giannis and 3 million dollars for Burke.

Nice.

Or, we traded Giannis and 3 million for a future second round pick.

Even better.

Thought DL should have waited until after FA to make a deal. Burke value would have increased to a team that completely missed out on players.

Or all the roster spots could have been taken and then we would be stuck paying his salary and not get anything for him. Seriously, some people want to find fault no matter what. Trey had little value when he was benched for our 3rd string PG.

Lmao. 2021 future second. Just think if Utah didn't ruin Trey's trade value by benching him, we might have got a 2020 2nd rounder. Stupid Jazz!
If there's some 13 year old out there who can fly under the radar for another five years this pick could turn out to be golden.

I won't miss him. He was least favorite player on the team.

I thought he would end up being traded for a highly protected 2nd round pick, but this is the next closest thing lol, a second round pick 5 years down the line. Props to DL for pulling this off.

DL is crushing this off-season. The only move I'd like to see left is dumping Pleiss but hey, maybe he's stayed in Utah, worked his *** off, and could come back a legit stretch 5 guy off the bench. Either way, we have a legit roster now with guys on REALLY good contracts.

I thought he would end up being traded for a highly protected 2nd round pick, but this is the next closest thing lol, a second round pick 5 years down the line. Props to DL for pulling this off.
Do teams ever really put protection on second round picks?

With as many outstanding picks as we have,we may have asked for it that far out. Also that is a tradeable asset for a long time. I like it.

The first stage is denial.
Thought DL should have waited until after FA to make a deal. Burke value would have increased to a team that completely missed out on players.

Lmao. You're one of the funniest posters on this board. You're delusional, but funny.

Great trade for Burke! The Wizards' offense is geared towards the guards scoring most of the points, so Burke might be able to do the one thing that really seems natural to him: look for his own shot.

Last edited:
Great trade for Burke! The Wizards' offense is geared towards the guards scoring most of the points, so Burke might be able to do the one thing that really seems natural to him: look for his one shot.
And not play defense. Not a hit on Burke, but I'm agreeing it's a good fit.