What's new

Bye Bye Burke

I look at it this way: Trey got Corbin fired. It is rare for a GM to distance himself from a pick, but DL immediately said Trey was the player Ty wanted. Clearly, Burke was not a unanimous choice. So when Burke continued to disappoint, I think DL had one of those "I told you so" instances to bring up to the internal Burke supporters. Had Trey had a great rookie season, maybe the Millers remain loyal to Corbin as a coach and talent evaluator.

So in a way, Trey Brick may have saved the franchise with his ineptitude.

I thought Burke showed a few things in the first half of last year, but fell off. I still think he could eventually make something of his career. It was time to move on.

Hesitate to say it was a mistake? It was a huge ****ing mistake. It's one we can't really fault DL for, because we needed a PG and Burke looked promising.

I guess we will disagree on this one. Because if you are going to say "It was a huge...mistake", the fault absolutely falls square on the shoulders of Lindsey. He was the GM, he was in charge of scouting, Intel, draft preparation, roster building, everything. If he gets credit for discovering Gobert he gets the blame for whiffing on Trey Burke. He shuffled a bunch of assets around to get one decent player.

I guess we will disagree on this one. Because if you are going to say "It was a huge...mistake", the fault absolutely falls square on the shoulders of Lindsey. He was the GM, he was in charge of scouting, Intel, draft preparation, roster building, everything. If he gets credit for discovering Gobert he gets the blame for whiffing on Trey Burke. He shuffled a bunch of assets around to get one decent player.
I have always argued both ways. It was DL's first draft and I'll bet he was just one voice. KOC was still very much involved. The way DL distanced himself from the pick was very telling. I've been critical of DL, but I'd bet Trey was NOT the player he wanted.

CmdqBjdVMAAfFRv.jpg:large

GL Burke

Anything about his play has already been said. Handled it with class.

I'm very surprised we actually got a 2nd round for him.

You can pretty much plug in any of those D-League PGs - Briante Weber, Tim Frazier, Xavier Munford, Phil Pressey... etc, and have the exact same stats as Trey

Good luck to Trey. He handled his ups and downs here like a pro. Hope he finds a better fit in DC.

It was a good move, it just didnt work out. It was a mistake, but it was a mistake I can't fault him for trying. It seemed good at the time, Burke just never learned teh NBA game.