What's new

Campaign: Draft Trey Burke

I still think Trey Burke is quicker than you are giving him credit for hotttnickkk. In the article of Jonathan Givony he states that Michigan runs one of the slowest if not the slowest tempo of offense in the country. I just wonder what he would do if they let Burke loose and let him try and drive to the basket more if he wouldn't beat his man more often than not. Also with that Ohio State game its the end of the game situation and they called timeout before the play, and gave a chance for the defense to setup and already the other team is going to play their best defense of the game on just that one play, plus Trey's legs probably weren't as fresh as the beginning parts of the game either. And I never said he was Chris Paul or else like you said, he would be a top 5 pick but I think Trey Burke will be better than Ty Lawson, Darren Collison, and Jameer Nelson, but slightly less than Chris Paul. That should be his goal and should pattern his game after is Chris Paul and could somewhat mimic that maybe not to its fullest but pretty close. For the position in the draft we would draft him at thats pretty good, especially since Jameer Nelson has been the starting point guard on a Magic team that went to the finals because he had a center in Dwight Howard, but we have Derrick Favors and it helps to have what the Magic never had another top 3 pick big man in Enes Kanter, so if we are sitting in the 17-20 range for our draft pick and he is there at 12-14 at the end of the lottery and we need to move up to get him, I hope the Jazz organization does. Or even better if the Jazz somewhat tank the season and still fight hard and make every game important but just miss the playoffs either the 9th or 10th in the West and be in the position to draft Burke without having to give anything up, because barring any trade for Pau Gasol and a better point guard the Jazz are a 1st round exit out if the playoffs, so why not miss the playoffs and let Al and Paul contracts expire or trade them for a good young 3rd big and some draft picks, since both of Al and Paul want to start.

Doesn't work that way. The Jazz were pretty confident they could get Jimmer Fredette two years ago and he moved up to 10. Look at Damian Lillard last year, his stock skyrocketed in the last month and the Jazz probably couldn't have moved up even if they had a #10 pick. in the meantime you develop a losing culture, your trade assets lose value, and attendance revenue takes a dive.

Doesn't work that way. The Jazz were pretty confident they could get Jimmer Fredette two years ago and he moved up to 10. Look at Damian Lillard last year, his stock skyrocketed in the last month and the Jazz probably couldn't have moved up even if they had a #10 pick. in the meantime you develop a losing culture, your trade assets lose value, and attendance revenue takes a dive.

Good post. Rep'd.