What's new

Can we talk about Donovan?

So glad that he's playing this way. Had a few not so good run of games (not so good, not really a bad one) after a start of the year showing key habilities improvements (as better efficiency on his shots, less forced shots, refined midrange, better playmaking, better defense, etc), but now with us getting back on track, he's showing a new level of dominating the games down the stretch into the end of close games, the type you expect from the great guys we played on some of these games. And that's exciting not only cause Mitchell play is a thing of joy, but because he upping it to this level is a huuuuge part of any expectations for bigger playoff runs for us.

I liked Mellow Yellow but Hurdy Gurdy Man is overrated.

He’s a poor man’s Jim Croce, IMO.

flame away, I’m sure some of you have strong opinions.

Where is don on the list right now (not potential)

top 5
Bron
Greek
Beard
AD
Kawhi

Next tier
Dame
Cp3
Paul George
Spida
Westbrook
Doncic
Etc.

I don’t watch enough non jazz to list or rank all next tiers but my jazz colored glasses puts spida in “next 5” behind top 5 dudes What say ye?

he improve his jumpshot % which is good. But his FT attempts actually went down from last season because he's driving to the lane less/used as an offball shooter more with Conley on the court/attempting more of those garbage floaters in which he had no chance of drawing fouls.

we honestly need to start giving him the ball and space more. it's been third year in a row now for Donovan to post better scoring stats with Rudy off the floor and it's become pretty clear that we need to surround him with as much shooting as possible to urge him to drive to the basket more often with minimum resistance. that's how we take his game to the next level.

and like i said before, you simply don't take the ball out of your best player. feed him as much as possible. He's only 23, not 33. cut the load management BS. how do you expect any players to get better if you don't push them to their limits? Harden, Luka, Giannis, Beal... all of them turned into stars only after their teams give them the ball/key to success. So why are we bringing in a primary ball handling guard who's gonna try to do the opposite?

he improve his jumpshot % which is good. But his FT attempts actually went down from last season because he's driving to the lane less/used as an offball shooter more with Conley on the court/attempting more of those garbage floaters in which he had no chance of drawing fouls.

we honestly need to start giving him the ball and space more. it's been third year in a row now for Donovan to post better scoring stats with Rudy off the floor and it's become pretty clear that we need to surround him with as much shooting as possible to urge him to drive to the basket more often with minimum resistance. that's how we take his game to the next level.

and like i said before, you simply don't take the ball out of your best player. feed him as much as possible. He's only 23, not 33. cut the load management BS. how do you expect any players to get better if you don't push them to their limits? Harden, Luka, Giannis, Beal... all of them turned into stars only after their teams give them the ball/key to success. So why are we bringing in a primary ball handling guard who's gonna try to do the opposite?
Conley has been on the court?

I liked Mellow Yellow but Hurdy Gurdy Man is overrated.

He’s a poor man’s Jim Croce, IMO.

flame away, I’m sure some of you have strong opinions.
Yeah but dude, get really baked on 70's schwag, reallllly baked...then listen to Hurdy Gurdy man and THEN TELL ME about how Donovan is overrated.

I'll wait.

Point guard
This. I have been saying he should play point guard since the day we drafted him.
Man we waste a lot of assets and money on point guards who are worse at the job than a guy we already have sitting on the roster.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

David Locke is the type of dude to pee in the shower and blame it on the kids.
Wait I'm confused. First of all, why do you need to blame peeing in the shower on anyone? Who doesn't pee in the shower? If you say you don't then you are a liar.
Second, why are the kids in the shower with you?

Where is don on the list right now (not potential)

top 5
Bron
Greek
Beard
AD
Kawhi

Next tier
Dame
Cp3
Paul George
Spida
Westbrook
Doncic
Etc.

I don’t watch enough non jazz to list or rank all next tiers but my jazz colored glasses puts spida in “next 5” behind top 5 dudes What say ye?

I would put Luka into tier one
I would put Spida above Paul George and cp3 and maybe dame.

Yeah but dude, get really baked on 70's schwag, reallllly baked...then listen to Hurdy Gurdy man and THEN TELL ME about how Donovan is overrated.

I'll wait.

50 year old schwag. Gross.

Also, I’ll take Jimi Hendrix