What's new

Can we talk about Donovan?

This. I have been saying he should play point guard since the day we drafted him.
Man we waste a lot of assets and money on point guards who are worse at the job than a guy we already have sitting on the roster.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

At this point it should be Donovan at point without a doubt. His improvement at distributing the ball in just the last month has been impressive. Conley off the bench where we need better players is the call. I honestly think Conley would be ok with this considering how good Donovan has been. Actually Conley might be one of the few starters in the NBA to sacrifice his pride for the good of the team and not wreck the chemistry. It's about going for that ring.

I'm just going to say it: We don't need Conley and we never did.

The Jazz are going to have to work out a bunch of **** when he comes back and it's fine. I hope he's ready to play the first 5 minutes before being pulled then replacing Donovan and playing with the bench unit.

In any case, I have said for years and will continue to say that Mitchell's best position for success is as a PG (or at least the shortest Jazz player on the floor).
This. I've been saying all along we're better without him. With Clarkson his return is only going to cause a backslide imo.

This. I've been saying all along we're better without him. With Clarkson his return is only going to cause a backslide imo.
Conley won’t be taking Clarkson’s minutes, though.

He’s going to disrupt Mudiay and Niang logging as many minutes.
So Conley will come off the bench? If not there is more of a disruption than your oversimplification would imply.

So Conley will come off the bench? If not there is more of a disruption than your oversimplification would imply.
He’ll sub out early and he’ll replace a lot of minutes when Mudiay would have come in for Donovan. Likewise, Royce will move to the bench and get more minutes at the 4 as guard minutes may push up into wing spots.

Where is don on the list right now (not potential)

top 5
Bron
Greek
Beard
AD
Kawhi

Next tier
Dame
Cp3
Paul George
Spida
Westbrook
Doncic
Etc.

I don’t watch enough non jazz to list or rank all next tiers but my jazz colored glasses puts spida in “next 5” behind top 5 dudes What say ye?
The sad truth is that even jazzfanz don’t truly recognize or appreciate how good Gobert really is when he is left off a list such as this by a jazzfan. He’s by far the best player on this team. It’s not even close

I originally put “etc” indicating For others to put players in as they saw it. I left Embid off the list too.

so rather than add commentary about me and the sadness, simply write your list. Where does Mitchell fit on your list?

I would take donavan over Rudy if I had to pick one.

With every game it becomes more apparent that we may not want to take the ball out of Donovan's hands. He is becoming more patient. Let's see where this ends up.

14-21 last night and 6 AST with only 2 TO.

Imagine Conley gelling with the bench. We'd be scary. Hell, maybe as Numb said it forces him to opt out. I like Conley but at this point we have other needs.

The sad truth is that even jazzfanz don’t truly recognize or appreciate how good Gobert really is when he is left off a list such as this by a jazzfan. He’s by far the best player on this team. It’s not even close

Most important I would say. Best player in a offensive minded league? I have to go with Donovan. We need scoring in this league and scoring isn’t What Gobert provides. But he’s by far the most important on this team.

How spoiled are we? Donovan can put up 25 points and we yawn, and he's not even trying to score until the 2nd qtr a lot of nights
some of the shots he has made this season are incredible- MVP-like i said MVP MVP!
and he's been playing with the bench lineups. IMO he could put up harden numbers if that were the goal.