What's new

Can we talk about Favors' Corner Three?

Yep, looked way better than every Kanter 3.

That's kind of a weird comment especially when Kanter wasn't even mentioned in the original post or any subsequent posts that I can see. Seems like it's agenda driven. There are defensive attributes that are worth discussing but his offensive skills were never poor. If anything his mechanics were on point and his shot was fluid.

And Rudy can improve his hands and ability to finish strong around the hoop so that when Favors is a threat from three and teams have to close out close on him, then he can lob a pass to Rudy who has the smaller defender sealed (Barnes in this case).

Was a bit curious as to why they didn't just run a straight iso for Favors when he got the ball on the block against Green, but Bogut was lurking and probably would have just doubled immediately. Still maybe should have just tried that, though.

we used to have a big who can shoot the threes

You mean Memo? Yes, I agree.

If you are talking about Enes, he shot <32% on ONE attempt per game. That's terrifying...for Utah. Any opponent is willing to let Kanter shot 3's all day long at that percentage.

Last edited:
That's kind of a weird comment especially when Kanter wasn't even mentioned in the original post or any subsequent posts that I can see. Seems like it's agenda driven. There are defensive attributes that are worth discussing but his offensive skills were never poor. If anything his mechanics were on point and his shot was fluid.

Agenda: I dislike Kanter

This is huge. If he becomes an average three point shooter, it changes EVERYTHING offensively for the Jazz. If this happens, he will be one of the most unique players the league has seen. A good to great defender who is competent offensively from everywhere on the floor, and has size to switch to any position on defense? It's insane. If he shoots threes, he is going to get 20 ppg easy.

Sounds like you are describing Larry Bird.

He is saying Kanter never had a reliable 3 pt shot. Favors has had reliable defensive presence. So no, your statement is not a fair one.

Yeah when did kanter become this 3pt juggernaut I keep hearing about? The 6'10" Korver. I must have missed it. Or does everyone mean the few times he took a 3 and hit some of them so everyone got giddy about basically nothing.

Edit : looked it up, he has shot fewer than 1 per game (like 0.7 of something) and makes 31.7%.

Can't believe how smooth that shot was.. And it's no secret Coach Q likes corner threes and stretch-fours and thinks about spacing before going to sleep every night. We'll see if Favors' three was a part of a plan or not.