What's new

Can we talk about Favors' Corner Three?

So back on topic.
This is so huge. If you don't see that, make another thread about it, cause this one is about how awesome it would be if Favors made that part of his repertoire going forward.

Can you imagine what it opens up for our slashers to clear the middle? Think Dante, Hayward, Burks, Hood and even inside guys like Carroll and Rudy. Spacing is our biggest challenge on O. You could even make an argument that poor spacing (cheating defenders) contributes to a few turnovers each game.

The play was clearly planned/on purpose. Is there a better development coach than QS? I can't wait to see more of the experiment!

We have to get every inch of spacing possible with Gobert on the floor, so it's a big deal. Not for his game, but just for the spacing of the offense.

If Favors had Novak's three-point shot we'd be legitimate contenders starting next season.

We have to get every inch of spacing possible with Gobert on the floor, so it's a big deal. Not for his game, but just for the spacing of the offense.

Heard Favors talking about extending his range in a interview recently... To see that set play for favors hitting that three got me excited. They wouldn't have run the play if they hadn't worked on it, that right there should get everyone excited.

Also think Millsap in ATL, if favors just shot half as many triples as Paul next year.... Oooh could be good!!!

So back on topic.
This is so huge. If you don't see that, make another thread about it, cause this one is about how awesome it would be if Favors made that part of his repertoire going forward.

Can you imagine what it opens up for our slashers to clear the middle? Think Dante, Hayward, Burks, Hood and even inside guys like Carroll and Rudy. Spacing is our biggest challenge on O. You could even make an argument that poor spacing (cheating defenders) contributes to a few turnovers each game.

The play was clearly planned/on purpose. Is there a better development coach than QS? I can't wait to see more of the experiment!

The big thing is that it would allow us to start Burks and not even blink because the paint would be more available for driving. It would also be instrumental in helping Exum and Burke further develop their games. . .

Favors will never be a threat from 3. I could see him taking maybe 1 every few games a few years down the road, but will never take them regularly. Maybe average 1 a game or so. I'll be happy if he can make 18 footers consistently. Don't need to be 3's to extend the defense a little.

Favors will never be a threat from 3. I could see him taking maybe 1 every few games a few years down the road, but will never take them regularly. Maybe average 1 a game or so. I'll be happy if he can make 18 footers consistently. Don't need to be 3's to extend the defense a little.

The thing with spacing is... he doesn't need to take a lot. He needs to just make his defender follow him closer to the 3p line when he clears out for other offensive options.

This was the first play of the Warriors Game.

https://streamable.com/j4kp

Other teams should be looking at that and thinking it's potentially terrifying going forward. All the play action appears designed to create that space for Derrick on the corner.

All he'd need to due is hit 3's at 34%. What is the over under he could do that? I might take the over if he hit a few more.

This is huge. If he becomes an average three point shooter, it changes EVERYTHING offensively for the Jazz. If this happens, he will be one of the most unique players the league has seen. A good to great defender who is competent offensively from everywhere on the floor, and has size to switch to any position on defense? It's insane. If he shoots threes, he is going to get 20 ppg easy.

Other teams should be looking at that and thinking it's potentially terrifying going forward. All the play action appears designed to create that space for Derrick on the corner.

I've said 100 times that Favors will be an All Star next year. I have him around 23 pts next year. IF he can hit a three a game out of 2 or 3 shots, he'll be at 25+ pts. Favors is our best player, and will be unless Exum can overtake him.

I've said 100 times that Favors will be an All Star next year. I have him around 23 pts next year. IF he can hit a three a game out of 2 or 3 shots, he'll be at 25+ pts. Favors is our best player, and will be unless Exum can overtake him.

I hope you are right I really like him and think he has nice form for a formidable corner three.

What about Qiunn having him switch onto curry last night. I know Curry Killed him when it happened, but it was almost as though Quinn was peeping Favors to do this more in the future!!

It's interesting to be sure. I watched over and over again to see if maybe other more efficient sets were exhausted before this shot was settled on but even though the shot clock was in single digits when Hayward passed he had Bogut on him.

He shot it pretty easily and made it cleanly. Pretty nice. It would be amazing if he could take a couple of those per game.