What's new

CARLOS Boozer

I agree with Sloanfeld, Millsap and Al combined will never match Bozzer in the most important stat against the Spurs... DNPs. I mean, it's obvious that you can't fail if you don't play... Doesn't that saying go something like, "You make 100% of the shots you don't take"? <- I live by this motto, that's why I'm a janitor at McDonalds and make $7.25/hr. One day I'll be making burgers in the back, hell ya, I'm ballin', son!

I think what sloanfeld is trying to say is that with out boozer on the bench yelling ' grab it!' We will be unable to rebound

given the choice right now to get boozer back or matthews (for a decent price, money not a consideration) I think I would take Matthews.

Purr NBA.COM:

Don't think they miss Carlos Boozer? They were outrebounded by 43 in four games last week and rank 28th in rebounding after ranking no worse than fifth in the four seasons he played at least 50 games.

Purr NBA.COM:

Don't think they miss Carlos Boozer? They were outrebounded by 43 in four games last week and rank 28th in rebounding after ranking no worse than fifth in the four seasons he played at least 50 games.

Like most, I think rebounding is paramount to winning games. That said, we have a better record at this point in the season, than we did last year. So, go figure.

sucks.

We should have traded him for Jeff Foster if we had a chance. Foster was a great rebounder and since rebounding is defense we would have been an amazing defensive team. Championship.

Purr NBA.COM:

Let's not get confused with the facts.
Our opponents are getting 5.5 more rebounds this year while we are getting 1.9 less rebounds this year, so far. This has to do with 2 things, we are playing better defense which creates more rebound opportunities, and because we are not grabbing the defensive boards after that defensive effort. This is not on the person playing d on the shot, this is on the players not on ball defense when the shot goes up. It is generally not the shooter that grabs the offensive board..... and this is a team issue.

The way we miss Boozer is that he rarely was useful in regards to defense, which left him open to box out and grab a rebound.
If anyone here ever has played 21, you will note that the main defender rarely gets the rebound on a miss. Some people intentionally allow the other person to play as the main defender, in order to be in position for the board, even though it gives the shooter a better chance to score. That guy was Boozer.

We now have someone willing to step up on D... and the rest of the team needs to learn to box out, and go for the ball when the rebound is moving and it seems like there is a learning curve for the guys. It can improve if worked on so it becomes second nature, but it might also require less guys sneaking off on a break.

This is about practice, and effort.... but I still dont think we miss Boozer. We have a better record so far, and it wasn't a weak schedule. I will take the better defense for 82, over better defensive rebounding for 65.

Dang... who put the soap box under me?

When the Bulls began their seven-game road trip earlier this week, the hope was that power forward Carlos Boozer (broken right hand) would be ready to go when they return home in early December. Now it's looking like that might be a little ambitious, if not unrealistic. 'I'm getting the doctor's advice,'' Boozer said Friday before the Bulls played the Dallas Mavericks. ''He wants me to wait until the eight-week mark [before practicing with contact], and I'm trying to listen to him and at the same time listen to my body. I'm trying to wait until the eight-week mark to have full-contact practice, but I'm starting to get a little anxious.'' Boozer, though, admitted his hand still is healing after his cast was removed Nov. 2.

Read more: https://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/249693-delay-in-boozers-return#ixzz16AdCbH20

LOL dont know if this has been posted

Let's not get confused with the facts.

If anyone here ever has played 21, you will note that the main defender rarely gets the rebound on a miss. Some people intentionally allow the other person to play as the main defender, in order to be in position for the board, even though it gives the shooter a better chance to score. That guy was Boozer.

Dang... who put the soap box under me?

...good point and illustration! Makes sense....not to mention, which I have been doing all along....the number of turnovers Boozer use to get on a regular basis. I think if you compare last year to this year....our turnovers are WAY down from last year!

...good point and illustration! Makes sense....not to mention, which I have been doing all along....the number of turnovers Boozer use to get on a regular basis. I think if you compare last year to this year....our turnovers are WAY down from last year!

I've heard you harping on this, and it's true. Not a whole lot of 20 turnover games thus far. Boozer lost a lot of possessions under the basket.

I've heard you harping on this, and it's true. Not a whole lot of 20 turnover games thus far. Boozer lost a lot of possessions under the basket.

...well, I think were all trying to figure out how the Jazz are winning with our pathetic rebounding, poor shooting, and so many new guys making the offense look like something out of a dang funny book! So, it's got to be better defense, fewer turnovers....and some smoke and some mirrors!

Hey sloanfail can we get you to tell us how much better Boozer was against the Lakers than Jefferson was last night? Especially on the defensive end.