What's new

CARLOS Boozer

Bozzer will get his offense under control soon enough. The defensive problems will have to be taken care of by other Bulls, but his offensive game will return, and I suspect his rebounding will too. But it was fun to watch him blow it last night, I have to say. But just remember: he gets paid regardless.

Bozzer will get his offense under control soon enough. The defensive problems will have to be taken care of by other Bulls, but his offensive game will return, and I suspect his rebounding will too. But it was fun to watch him blow it last night, I have to say. But just remember: he gets paid regardless.

untill bozzer misses a couple of games due to a broken toenail

"I didn't feel bad out there," Boozer said. "My legs felt good, my wind felt good. Just didn't do too many good things out there, didn't get too many rebounds, didn't play good enough defense as a team."

Already passing the defensive buck. I'm really interested to see how long this lasts.

'Twas Boozer's first game back. The stat line will improve.

What will be entertaining is reading Bulls fans and their observations of Boozer's defense. Reading RealGM tonight. Lack of rotation. Flat-footedness. Musing about his man getting an easy drive from him. With him not in a system that really accentuates his talent offensively, he may become public enemy #1 in Chicago by the end of the year.

Where is Sloanfeld? I wonder if he is submitting to himself.

mr-turtle.jpg

I give Boozer credit for coming back on time, thats something he never did with the Jazz. At the same time, I don't think he will help them one bit. Rose does not need Boozer at all, his athleticism and poor passing is best suited for running iso's, not pick and rolls. All Rose really needs is a defensive front court and 3 point shooters.

oh please, boozer didn't throw anyone under the bus. He said what most people would say after losing by 30. Boozer is still da man!

to be completely honest, it was weird seeing him in a bulls uni yesterday. I can't say I miss him, but it was weird to see him playing for someone else. I guess well...I miss boozer, the person

Bulls win a playoff series this year, but don't get passed the Celtics or Orlando. Well, maybe they could push the Celtics.

booz is a disease to a yteam chemistry. E

example 1 clev how dirty he did them

example 2- utah showed softness

example 3 da bullls

enjoy ur last big contract softie

SOURCE

Video at link...

Video: Did Carlos Boozer return too early?

By Kelly Dwyer

I don't particularly agree with the headline, because Carlos Boozer(notes) is not a loser for returning to the Chicago Bulls possibly earlier than he should have, but BBallBreakdown's sentiment is spot on.

Boozer, who missed two months (including training camp, exhibition games, and the first 15 games of the season) with a broken right hand, clearly needed more practice time with his new team before debuting (as a starter, no less) in Chicago's blowout loss to the Magic on Wednesday night.

It was clear from the outset. Great intentions, all around, but Boozer was out of position offensively in that defeat, and alternately overanxious and a step slow defensively. Even without that knowledge, for Carlos to come back against a Magic team that essentially starts a 3-point shooting small forward in Rashard Lewis(notes) at Boozer's position? The move was destined to fail.

For those that missed the game, this video is a must-watch. For those that saw the game, this video is a must-watch. It breaks down just how clueless the Bulls appeared in Boozer's first time out, and emphasizes the thing that struck me the most -- Carlos' presence forced players into spots that they hadn't been in, offensively and defensively, all season. Just look at Joakim Noah(notes) on the baseline two minutes into this clip, have you seen him there before in 2010-11?

The age, despite all the things you might read in a typical comments section, is getting more and more enlightened. It's a good thing for players to hit the D-League, as they work their way back from injury. It's a great thing that 1970s-era rules about shootarounds and protocol are being phased out. People are thinking on their feet, in this league and in this game, in ways we haven't seen before.

And while Carlos Boozer is to be commended for putting himself up for ridicule and dashing to the front of the line in his first game back from injury, and his first game with his new team, it probably wasn't the smartest move. In a vacuum, it probably wasn't the smartest move. Against the best team in the East, with a small forward lining up at Boozer's position?

It was definitely a move inadvertently designed to fail.

Here's where this post is designed to fail, though. The Bulls employ a head coach in Tom Thibodeau that is renowned for his obsession with tape-watching; and not in a Bob Crane sort of way. Perhaps Thibs needs that sort of game tape, actual on record movement against an NBA team, to prepare his squad for what comes next. And it's possible that no amount of practice will have the same effect as a 30-minute stint on camera with Boozer on the floor.

This might be cold comfort to a Bulls team that will no doubt be fighting for needed wins to establish playoff seeding this spring, but the appalling optimist in me keeps yelling about how Thibs might be taking a game that would have likely been a loss anyway (Orlando owns the Bulls, and it was Chicago's first home game back after a long road trip; something that historically results in a loss in this league), and using it as a teaching tool. The where to go, the what to do. All that coaching stuff, that Chicago never seemed to get with Vinny Del Negro running things.

Or, Chicago could get blown out by 30 in Boston on Friday night, and I could chalk that up to another life's lessons learned. Such is fandom.

I was just watching the Chicago-Boston game and Boozer made a move that was obvious traveling. He established, then lifted his pivot foot!

Yet the announcers (Mark Jackson and a coach whose name I can't remember) looked at it and said it wasn't. Really? Have the rules changed?