What's new

Central tank command : the official thread

The Jazz may be too well coached to tank. The last time we tanked, we had no bench scoring whatsoever, and we had Ty Corbin coaching. I'm not seeing it. We may miss the playoffs, but I think we'd be drafting at our typical #12 again.

That said, I'm really curious to see if the Jazz will trade Favors. He's averaging 18 and 8 in his last 5 games with 64% shooting.

Last edited:
Depends on IT's health. LBJ is playing 38 mins right now. His workload is way too much. Rubio would b e a decent PG for them as Ricky wouldn't need to score. He'd be taking the load off LBJ and dishing out assists to Love, LBJ, Crowder and Smith. Going from a co-#1 option in Utah (at least that's what it looks like - or how I perceive he feels), to a #5 option in Cleveland.

Just give the reigns to Mitchell and Neto. Clears the way for Exum to return next year and frees up cap space to go after shooters.
I agree.

Cleveland is the type franchise that will take any improvement player they can despite cost. Rubio is much better than Frye and unproven young guys who need more playing time. If Rose retires, Cavs will want any proven player who can help at all.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I still think we need to trade favors and burks to get a lottery pick. i love favors but trade will be good for us and him

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I still think we need to trade favors and burks to get a lottery pick. i love favors but trade will be good for us and him

Favors isn't yielding a lottery pick in a trade, and Burks has negative trade value.

We need to trade Favors to dump Burks. I would trade them both for a 2nd rounder and expirings right now.

favors is playing well the past few games. It's quite a difference when your shooters make their shiots and the paint isnt jammed with 5 players.
He is playing well because he is playing center. That changes when Gobert comes back and the lane gets clogged again.

We should keep Favors until December 15 then trade him when all the summer signings/acquisitions become eligible for trade. Favors should not stay with us long term for his sake or our sake.

The tank is just temporarily in the shop for a tune-up.

The Jazz will be 9 or 10 games under by New Years.

I agree with this but i think unless we actively make the team worse through trades we will end up somewhere between 10-14. Moving Thabo Favs... maybe Hood (though his last few games have been pretty fricking good). I just don’t think we are bad enough to get in the 7 range which is where we need to be to have a decent shot at getting lucky.

This is a stuck in the middle year... but DM is making me so much more hopeful about our future than I should be.

Just gonna have to get lucky in the late lotto. Tough place to be.

I agree with this but i think unless we actively make the team worse through trades we will end up somewhere between 10-14. Moving Thabo Favs... maybe Hood (though his last few games have been pretty fricking good). I just don’t think we are bad enough to get in the 7 range which is where we need to be to have a decent shot at getting lucky.

This is a stuck in the middle year... but DM is making me so much more hopeful about our future than I should be.

Just gonna have to get lucky in the late lotto. Tough place to be.

More than likely this. And that is the worst place to be...smh.

Come on FO. Go all out one way or the other. Sitting still is a mistake IMO.

More than likely this. And that is the worst place to be...smh.

Come on FO. Go all out one way or the other. Sitting still is a mistake IMO.

The only thing with our situation is I could see us coming out of it next year. DM gets better... healthy Exum... If we hit on the pick we are in business.

I think we have fixed the offense... When Rudy comes back I think we have to play a stretch four with him. I think our record will be worse than the team actually is.

The other issue is that we really don't have cap space next year unless we move AB or Ricky and waive some of the unguaranteed guys (that are all on good contracts). So a big FA isn't solving this.

Again - I would move win now pieces for not great contracts that go for 2 years and get more 1sts for our efforts. Plan for FA in 2019. They guys I'd use to do it are:

Favs, Thabo, Joe Jesus, and maybe Udoh. Outside of Favs the others can't be moved yet (JJ because of health).

I'd consider trading Hood too, but his recent play is really encouraging.

I think I'd be fine in the middle if I knew we had a couple shots in this draft at hitting on a 1st round pick.

memphis fired their head coach. Looks like they are in full tank command now.
If anything, I think that means they're trying to remain competitive. Wouldn't keeping a coach on a massive losing streak facilitate tanking better?

If anything, I think that means they're trying to remain competitive. Wouldn't keeping a coach on a massive losing streak facilitate tanking better?

it sure as hell isn't going to help them out now. Firing your coach, and your entire team is now in disbelief.

Favors isn't yielding a lottery pick in a trade, and Burks has negative trade value.
Burks isn't going to sacrifice his body anymore now that he signed one of the most overpriced contracts in Utah Jazz history. So, he's not giving the fans the one single thing he did good to get them excited about his future. Ostertag, AK, Burks, Harpring, in that order (Okur is in here too if the Jazz hadn't gotten lucky enough to dump him onto the Nets).

I wish I can say he looks much better on the court, but you can't put up 1-10's on a continuous basis and be called looks good. The hustle is visibly improved, however.