What's new

Central tank command : the official thread

Burks isn't going to sacrifice his body anymore now that he signed one of the most overpriced contracts in Utah Jazz history. So, he's not giving the fans the one single thing he did good to get them excited about his future. Ostertag, AK, Burks, Harpring, in that order (Okur is in here too if the Jazz hadn't gotten lucky enough to dump him onto the Nets).

I wish I can say he looks much better on the court, but you can't put up 1-10's on a continuous basis and be called looks good. The hustle is visibly improved, however.

Lmfao, you ability to embellish greatly amuses.

Lmfao, you ability to embellish greatly amuses.

Playing the 9th player on your bench 10% of your team salary is ludicrous, plain and simple. The only reason the Jazz signed Burks to that dumb amount is to satisfy all the fanboys who wanted it. That's the Jazz' way.

They should have let him walk instead of hindering the roster with his contract.

Playing the 9th player on your bench 10% of your team salary is ludicrous, plain and simple. The only reason the Jazz signed Burks to that dumb amount is to satisfy all the fanboys who wanted it. That's the Jazz' way.

They should have let him walk instead of hindering the roster with his contract.

But the Jazz are paying their 2nd best player 3% of the team salary and the 3rd best even less, so that's incredibly amazing?

Or are you purposely trolling out of context stuff?

I was really discouraged by Zach Lowe’s article today...

Mentioned DL isn’t going to tank and is using this year as an evaluation... feel like every god damn year is an evaluation year.

I was really discouraged by Zach Lowe’s article today...

Mentioned DL isn’t going to tank and is using this year as an evaluation... feel like every god damn year is an evaluation year.

Yeah we CLEARLY need an injection of talent, and if we're not going get it from free agency then we need to really grab it from the draft.

Remember what a mess the Knicks were a couple of years ago? Now they're overtaking us with Porzingis.

But the Jazz are paying their 2nd best player 3% of the team salary and the 3rd best even less, so that's incredibly amazing?

The Jazz aren't paying Favors or Hood or Thabo or Ingles or Joe Johnson only 3% of their team salary. But yes, I am trolling by saying what 90% of this board has finally woken up to realize.

Negative asset. Stupid, hindering contract.

Hood is the Jazz' second best player. He's receiving 3% of team salary
Mitchell is the Jazz' third best player. He's receiving 3% of team salary.

Hood is the Jazz' second best player. He's receiving 3% of team salary
Mitchell is the Jazz' third best player. He's receiving 3% of team salary.

Ah, forgot Hood is on the lower end of the rookie scale. Good call.

Still, Hood isn't our 2nd best player. Favors is by far and clearly the 2nd best. It's too bad him and Gobert don't work well together. This G injury might be a blessing in disguise as Favors is increasing his trade value dramatically right now.

And lol that Mitchell is the 2nd or 3rd best player. Thabo and Ingles occupy the spots behind Favors, and then 6th man Rodney gets a nod. Mitchell might become not Trey Burke some day but for now he's about at Alec Burks' level as far as ranking best player goes.

11-11 going to December. Overall, decent start considering everything. We had too much pride to tank, but December will be telling.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Ah, forgot Hood is on the lower end of the rookie scale. Good call.

Still, Hood isn't our 2nd best player. Favors is by far and clearly the 2nd best. It's too bad him and Gobert don't work well together. This G injury might be a blessing in disguise as Favors is increasing his trade value dramatically right now.

And lol that Mitchell is the 2nd or 3rd best player. Thabo and Ingles occupy the spots behind Favors, and then 6th man Rodney gets a nod. Mitchell might become not Trey Burke some day but for now he's about at Alec Burks' level as far as ranking best player goes.

You are selling Mitchell way, way, way short. His first NBA week was abysmal.

During November:

18.1 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 3.6 apg, 1.5 spg on %s of 41.3 FG, 37.5 3s and 81 FTs.

Clearly there is room for improvement but you are doing him way wrong by comparing him to Burke. He is already a better player that Burke has ever been. IQ, instinct, speed, athleticism, vision, physicality, coach-ability, leadership, strength and attitude are all undeniably better than Burke. They're not even comparable. You are regularly insightful and provide a great take that is outside the group think. You are just wrong here though.

Jazz need to proceed with the idea that Mitchell is the 2nd best player on the Jazz. If he isn't yet he will be soon. Right now I'd have him 3rd behind Gobert and Hood.

Yeah, I'd probably give 2nd best player to Ingles.

I think Mitchell is our 2nd most important simply because he provides things the Jazz lack, but guys like Favors or Ingles are better.

There is just this huge rush to anoint Mitchell because of the Hayward feels.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

You are selling Mitchell way, way, way short. His first NBA week was abysmal.

During November:

18.1 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 3.6 apg, 1.5 spg on %s of 41.3 FG, 37.5 3s and 81 FTs.

Clearly there is room for improvement but you are doing him way wrong by comparing him to Burke. He is already a better player that Burke has ever been. IQ, instinct, speed, athleticism, vision, physicality, coach-ability, leadership, strength and attitude are all undeniably better than Burke. They're not even comparable. You are regularly insightful and provide a great take that is outside the group think. You are just wrong here though.

Jazz need to proceed with the idea that Mitchell is the 2nd best player on the Jazz. If he isn't yet he will be soon. Right now I'd have him 3rd behind Gobert and Hood.
You forgot defense, rebounds and likability in ways that Mitchell is already better than Burke ever was.

Last edited: