What's new

Central tank command : the official thread

He is more nimble than I thought, but I wouldn't want to play him with Rudy and I don't think he will be as good as Favs at switching out.

I dunno, man. We haven't seen enough to rule out whether Bradley and Rudy can share the floor. I mean, I'm not talking about a starting duo here, but maybe something along the lines of 10-shared minutes a night. If that's possible, then the pick makes instant sense.

He is more nimble than I thought, but I wouldn't want to play him with Rudy and I don't think he will be as good as Favs at switching out.

I think he's a smart player I just can't tell you a player playing today that he is similar to. I think Bryant (#42) has more promise as a shooter. If he develops is he like a Nurkic? A poor mans JV?
Low end upside I think is Nikola Vucevic. An offensive guy who can really score in bunches. His size, skill and career arc remind me of Vucevic while at USC. . . although I also think that Bradley’s upside is significantly higher than that. He was a solid contributor on a National Champion team as a freshman. He can shoot, rebound, run the floor and defend. He’s not the athlete or defender that Rudy is, but Rudy isn’t the offensive player that Bradley has the potential to become. I kind of agree with Cy. If he maxes out his potential, his ceiling is as a LaMarcus Aldridge type of player. Longshot, but I think that’s why you make that pick. His upside at that point was way higher than most of the guys left on the board.

Low end upside I think is Nikola Vucevic. An offensive guy who can really score in bunches. His size, skill and career arc remind me of Vucevic while at USC. . . although I also think that Bradley’s upside is significantly higher than that. He was a solid contributor on a National Champion team as a freshman. He can shoot, rebound, run the floor and defend. He’s not the athlete or defender that Rudy is, but Rudy isn’t the offensive player that Bradley has the potential to become. I kind of agree with Cy. If he maxes out his potential, his ceiling is as a LaMarcus Aldridge type of player. Longshot, but I think that’s why you make that pick. His upside at that point was way higher than most of the guys left on the board.

He's not nearly as skilled as Vucevic or Aldridge... his shot is not good... he scored in college off of putbacks and drop off passes. He could develop those skills, but I don't ever see the face up game that aldridge had early in his career. He could take guys off the dribble and was more athletic. I see Tony as more plodding than that.

If he changes his body and develops one of the most reliable mid range jumpers in the game then I guess he could be one of those guys. Analytics loved the guy because he's young and efficient (in limited minutes).

If his jumper is never better than Favs then what is he?

314520_tankphoto.jpg

Aldridge is relatively lean. Bradley looks fat and out of shape.

P3 and hard work. I’m thinking that I’d like to see him play a lot more against NBA guys. Get a better feel for where he’s at in his development. I don’t want to see him get overwhelmed and wreck his confidence. . . but I’d sure like to see what he can do with consistent minutes and a defined role with Gobert our for a month.

Hoping the Knicks smash us tonight. I except a relatively pissed off Kanter and could see him and Zingy grabbing a combined 30+ boards.

This might be the year we're FINALLY bad enough to tank properly. We could have never done it with Hayward still on the team.

I can almost feel a top 5 pick coming our way.

I like what we have currently -- good coaching, defensive intensity, and just not enough offensive talent to win games.