What's new

Chad ford: Blazers and Jazz.

shadler

Chad Ford from ESPN.com:
"The Blazers, Warriors, Raptors and Hornets are also looking at various options with their picks. I think the Blazers at No. 6 or No. 11 are the likeliest of that bunch to make a trade. They have interest in Jazz forward Paul Millsap and Rockets guard Kyle Lowry."

Thought I would share.

Makes sense. If the Jazz really really want Lillard, the team that is in their way is Portland. Things I have seen on the Web are heavily suggesting Lillard is going #6 (possibly 5) and at the latest #11.

I still don't think Utah trades Millsap, even for #6 to grab Lillard.

Don't know why they would be interested in Sap, hed just be a bench player on that team cause their best player is Aldridge

Don't know why they would be interested in Sap, hed just be a bench player on that team cause their best player is Aldridge

Most teams still have a 3-big rotation and that 3rd big gets a lot of minutes. It's not inconceivable to finish games with Aldridge/Millsap.

It would seem kind of weird though if they gave up #6 to get Millsap.

Most teams still have a 3-big rotation and that 3rd big gets a lot of minutes. It's not inconceivable to finish games with Aldridge/Millsap.

It would seem kind of weird though if they gave up #6 to get Millsap.

I agree, I'd think they'd want to unload someone as well.

I would definitely trade Sap for Lillard. I love Sap, he embodies what being a member of the Utah Jazz is, but the fact is that we will never move forward as an elite team with him as a starter. I feel fairly confident that Sap does not want to come off the bench anymore, and I'm a huge fan of Lillard. Guy just has it.

Best news we've heard for a long time IMO.

The drop off starts at that #6 spot where MKG, Barnes, etc are gone. Portland can get a proven scorer in Millsap and still pick up a PG in either Rivers/Marshall at #11 and that's a pretty good draft for them without going into the full rebuild mode with Drummond.

Make it happen KOC.

I agree, I'd think they'd want to unload someone as well.

But who? The only players that are being payed >$2 million dollars next season are Aldridge, and Wesley Matthews. They have 6 of their top 9 most paid players coming off of the books this offseason. Batum, they will be re-signing. SO with paying Batum 8 mill, Sap 8 mill, LMA 12 mill, they still have copious amounts of cap room.

Note: Id totally stay put if I was Portland. They're in a position where they can assemble a seriously talented core, if they get lucky and draft Drummond and Marshall, and they both pan out.

This may be stupid.

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8xmn6x3

Portland gives the 11th pick to Houston.

Houston gives the 14th to Utah .

Utah gives future 1st to Portland (like 2014).

Portland does it for a proven PG. They get rid of Matthews and take a higher potential wing at 6 instead. They eat a year of Bell, but that isn't a big deal. They will get a 1st rounder from Utah in 2014, which will likely be in the 20's.

Houston gets a scoring center and upgrades from the 14th pick to the 11 pick. Jefferson could be packaged for Howard. They get some young player I know nothing about, but has a really high PER also.

Utah gets a lotto pick, draft Kendall Marshall. Also get Matthews to bolster 3pt shooting and defense. Gets Dalembert which helps defense.

NOLA is NOT giving up Davis for anything short of Lebron or Durant. Not only is he very good, but extremely marketable. Gold mine of merchandising.

So it would essentially be Millsap for Lillard, straight up? Aaaaahhh, no thanks. I want something else out of it. Hell, if this happened, knowing the Jazz, the writing's pretty much on the wall to re-sign Jefferson.