What's new

Chad ford: Blazers and Jazz.

If I was certain of Lillard as most others, I'd trade Sap for him in a second.

I know you don't pay much attention to Locke, but here you and Locke seem to be on the same page: doubts about Lillard & being rather high on Doron Lamb.

In any event, Pruiti's analysis of Lillard and other PGs is interesting:https://www.grantland.com/blog/the-...10/2012-nba-draft-evaluating-the-point-guards

Also interesting (on almost all draftees): https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/seth_davis/06/25/NBA-draft/1.html

Hell, if this happened, I'd then try to turn Jefferson, the GS pick, and whatever else it takes to get the #5 pick as well.

At #'s 5 and 6, we could get Lillard and MKG.

Lillard, Hayward, MKG, Favors, Kanter with Watson/Tinsley, Burks, Carroll and newly signed bigs off the bench.

So it would essentially be Millsap for Lillard, straight up? Aaaaahhh, no thanks. I want something else out of it. Hell, if this happened, knowing the Jazz, the writing's pretty much on the wall to re-sign Jefferson.

Millsap for Lillard straight up would be the best case scenario, offer wise, the Jazz would get.

Funny, Chad Ford was on 700 AM this afternoon/evening and they asked him if the he had to say yes or no to "Will the Jazz have a first round pick" he quickly responded "no".

Hell, if this happened, I'd then try to turn Jefferson, the GS pick, and whatever else it takes to get the #5 pick as well.

Lillard, Hayward, MKG, Favors, Kanter with Watson/Tinsley, Burks, Carroll and newly signed bigs off the bench.

The problem is that I'm almost positive the Kings don't want any part of Jefferson, who is a poor man's Cousins without emotional issues. Who knows though, they are the Kings.

This may be stupid.

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8xmn6x3

Portland gives the 11th pick to Houston.

Houston gives the 14th to Utah .

Utah gives future 1st to Portland (like 2014).

Portland does it for a proven PG. They get rid of Matthews and take a higher potential wing at 6 instead. They eat a year of Bell, but that isn't a big deal. They will get a 1st rounder from Utah in 2014, which will likely be in the 20's.

Houston gets a scoring center and upgrades from the 14th pick to the 11 pick. Jefferson could be packaged for Howard. They get some young player I know nothing about, but has a really high PER also.

Utah gets a lotto pick, draft Kendall Marshall. Also get Matthews to bolster 3pt shooting and defense. Gets Dalembert which helps defense.

That's one of the best trade ideas I've seen around here in ages.

So it would essentially be Millsap for Lillard, straight up? Aaaaahhh, no thanks. I want something else out of it. Hell, if this happened, knowing the Jazz, the writing's pretty much on the wall to re-sign Jefferson.

do you mean resign him to another contract, or just let him play out his current contract and expire after the year?

Too bad Weber State can't put together a highlight reel of Lillard 1/10th as good as Huntsville-Alabama can of Magette.

Tired of watching the same two games for every Lillard highlight.

I like that starting five but how would we keep all of them and our bench would really suck.

if the jazz trade millsap, they're keeping al beyond 2013.

reason enough to decline this trade.

I don't think that is the case. If they trade Millsap, that shows me they are confident in Kanter to step up eventually. Signing Al means you are 100% sure he is a starter, because he just doesn't seem like a guy who can come off the bench and be effective in any situation, like a Millsap can. Plus, Big Al cost more money than Millsap.

I don't think that is the case. If they trade Millsap, that shows me they are confident in Kanter to step up eventually. Signing Al means you are 100% sure he is a starter, because he just doesn't seem like a guy who can come off the bench and be effective in any situation, like a Millsap can. Plus, Big Al cost more money than Millsap.

it's too early to commit to favors/kanter with no veteran help. if they trade millsap, jefferson is here to stay. truth.

Maybe, maybe not. It may just be the fact that they don't expect to be able to keep Sap without overpaying, and just want to avoid losing him for nothing.

Something I've been thinking about for a while, though, is that there are mutiple factors that could point to Utah keeping Al instead of Sap. Saps trade value is obviously higher, but I also think Al is kind of sick of getting traded, and is more likely to want to stay somewhere where he feels like management wants him around.

favors/kanter/tomic would be an incredibly weak frontcourt rotation in the short term. teams would kick our ***.