What's new

Chad ford: Blazers and Jazz.

i mean like anybody. kanter is still so raw, tomic would be learning the NBA game after averaging not-fantastic numbers in the ACB, and even favors is still just starting to expand his offensive repertoire.

I honestly don't see the jazz making any deals and most of the time when you see Jazz rumors they never come true.

i mean like anybody. kanter is still so raw, tomic would be learning the NBA game after averaging not-fantastic numbers in the ACB, and even favors is still just starting to expand his offensive repertoire.

If the Jazz make any trade that removes Sap or Jefferson, I can assure you they will sign another big, or get one in the trade that removes Jefferson/Sap.

I honestly don't see the jazz making any deals and most of the time when you see Jazz rumors they never come true.

any NBA franchise can say the same. that there are more rumors than deals is the reality of every NBA fan, it's not unique to us.

any NBA franchise can say the same. that there are more rumors than deals is the reality of every NBA fan, it's not unique to us.

Yeah but with other teams it seems to happen more but with the Jazz they tend to keep their cards in their hands up till the last minute. I just can't remember the last time I heard a Jazz rumor that came true. I think this is coming more from portland then anything. But I think the biggest thing there are a lot of players on this team that we can get something for before they expire.

The Blazers had Aldridge when they signed Millsap to the offer sheet and he could play along side Aldridge in bigger or small line-ups like he does with the Jazz. I would not want to lose Millsap for a pick though as he is Utah's current best player.

Maybe, maybe not. It may just be the fact that they don't expect to be able to keep Sap without overpaying, and just want to avoid losing him for nothing.

Something I've been thinking about for a while, though, is that there are mutiple factors that could point to Utah keeping Al instead of Sap. Saps trade value is obviously higher, but I also think Al is kind of sick of getting traded, and is more likely to want to stay somewhere where he feels like management wants him around.

Sounds like Stockholm Syndrome bro.

Yeah but with other teams it seems to happen more but with the Jazz they tend to keep their cards in their hands up till the last minute. I just can't remember the last time I heard a Jazz rumor that came true. I think this is coming more from portland then anything. But I think the biggest thing there are a lot of players on this team that we can get something for before they expire.

go to any other NBA fan forum and their fans will say the same thing. not kidding. it's because every invents these one-sided trades that sound perfect from a jazz perspective, and everybody starts buying it and saying, "yeah, why DIDN'T the jazz trade al jefferson [whom nobody wants anyway] and raja bell for a top 5 pick? they could have done that!" the reality is you can't trade crap for talented players, so a lot of the deals that sound good never had any serious legs to begin with.

besides that, more often than not, the deals you DON'T make are better than the deals you DO. like how the 80s jazz could have had magic johnson, dominique wilkins and bernard king, and probably STILL been able to draft john stockton, but they kept getting antsy and making short-term moves instead. so instead we wound up with an over-the-hill gail goodrich, wayne cooper, ken green, and some cash to pay the lighting bill at the old salt palace. meanwhile, magic became one of the best players of our generation, 'nique was a human highlight reel, and bernard king was a scoring champ and a 4-time all-star.

1 Davis
2 Robinson / Beal
3 Beal / Robinson
4 MKG
5 ......Drummond? Barnes? Lillard? ....probably Barnes unless Sac trades the pick
6 If Lillard is supposed to go 6th, that means Portland would rather have Millsap or Lowry than Barnes or Drummond.

If Sactown or Portland trade their picks, that seems like a pretty strong vote of no confidence for Drummond.

The Blazers had Aldridge when they signed Millsap to the offer sheet and he could play along side Aldridge in bigger or small line-ups like he does with the Jazz. I would not want to lose Millsap for a pick though as he is Utah's current best player.

Only through October.

Sounds like Stockholm Syndrome bro.

Not sure if you mean me or the FO, but you can't really blame them for taking into consideration a player's willingness to play in Utah. If Sap would rather seek greener pastures, while Al is willing to take less money not to have to worry about getting traded again, then you have to factor that in, regardless of who you'd rather have.

Last edited:
There was an article out today (I'm too lazy to find it and post it, but if peeps really want me to I'll find it) from someone saying that Portland was raving about Lillard, saying that the last workout they'd seen that good was Durant (and they still passed on him, haha). The guy said that Lillard maybe missed two shots the entire workout. To some here that may cause them to be lightheaded as the blood quickly rushes from their head to a certain extremity, but to me this screams of "SOMEONE PLEASE TRADE FOR THE #6 PICK". They want out of at least one of their picks, no matter what they say.

There was an article out today (I'm too lazy to find it and post it, but if peeps really want me to I'll find it) from someone saying that Portland was raving about Lillard, saying that the last workout they'd seen that good was Durant (and they still passed on him, haha). The guy said that Lillard maybe missed two shots the entire workout. To some here that may cause them to be lightheaded as the blood quickly rushes from their head to a certain extremity, but to me this screams of "SOMEONE PLEASE TRADE FOR THE #6 PICK". They want out of at least one of their picks, no matter what they say.

I read that article. It did seem to have smokescreen potential.

Portland has no future PG themselves, so I have a hard time believing they would trade the #6 for Millsap. I bet they offered KOC the #11 and change before they were promptly hung up on.

^

This. If I'm them, I draft Lillard at #6 and Zeller or Leonard at #11.

IMO, that sets your ceiling so much lower than taking Drummond at 6 and Waiters, Rivers, or Lamb at 11.

Higher floor maybe, but huge potential to become a treadmill team.

IMO, that sets your ceiling so much lower than taking Drummond at 6 and Waiters, Rivers, or Lamb at 11.

Higher floor maybe, but huge potential to become a treadmill team.

Get what you're saying, but none of those address the PG issue ... and Zeller may not have a high ceiling, but he'll be a solid starter, runs the floor very well, and is very polished.

Get what you're saying, but none of those address the PG issue ... and Zeller may not have a high ceiling, but he'll be a solid starter, runs the floor very well, and is very polished.

Yep. I'd think I'd go with Leonard who has a higher ceiling and also because, as much as I like Zeller, and I've heard no one say this, his standing reach and wingspan suck for a seven footer. SUCK.