What's new

Chad ford: Blazers and Jazz.

oh yeah i vaguely remember discussing that. sorry i blanked.

hopefully you meant "undeservedly" as in he did you a favor by upping your grade.. and not that you didn't deserve the grade to begin with. i have heard from multiple people that my dad's courses were pretty demanding for a middle school spanish class.

anyway, sorry to everyone else for that tangent. back to the topic, my dad was indeed not the father of david locke... and as such i am definitely not david locke.

as most of you know, i'm from jersey. they had some expert/analyst on WFAN (probably the biggest sports radio station in the world, outside of espn crappio) today and he said he definitely thinks the blazers are drafting lillard at #6.

as most of you know, i'm from jersey. they had some expert/analyst on WFAN (probably the biggest sports radio station in the world, outside of espn crappio) today and he said he definitely thinks the blazers are drafting lillard at #6.

Let them take him at #6 then. He's wayyyyy overpriced at that spot. I'd rather take Marshall/Rivers at the #12 spot than to over pay for Lillard.

OK he can shoot it but he's not young, he's probably reached his limits athletically and he's unproven in tough competition.

Let Portland make that mistake and cry over it as Drummond becomes an All Stars.

Muahhhahahahahahaah

he might be overpriced at #11, too. according to hollinger's draft rater, lillard projects to be the 16th best perimeter player in this draft. not the 16th best player... the 16th best perimeter player.

obviously the draft rater is wrong sometimes... but lillard still makes me really nervous.

he might be overpriced at #11, too. according to hollinger's draft rater, lillard projects to be the 16th best perimeter player in this draft. not the 16th best player... the 16th best perimeter player.

obviously the draft rater is wrong sometimes... but lillard still makes me really nervous.

Not only that, but does this rater include the level of competition?
So is Lilliard the 16th best perimeter player even though his competition level was lower?

Not only that, but does this rater include the level of competition?
So is Lilliard the 16th best perimeter player even though his competition level was lower?

i think it takes into account competition level. pomeroy's calculator says that WSU played the country's 296th toughest schedule last year. geeze.

verlin said:
I think the lillard hype will die on draft night. He is the guy who slides.

he could. i still think he won't slide too far because he is a PG and this draft is famously light on PGs... but i just wonder how he'll do in the NBA.

i think it takes into account competition level. pomeroy's calculator says that WSU played the country's 296th toughest schedule last year. geeze.

he could. i still think he won't slide too far because he is a PG and this draft is famously light on PGs... but i just wonder how he'll do in the NBA.

Ok, that's real good because if he was the 16th best perimeter player not including competition, then that stat basically would've said he's a scrub.

No way in hell he falls past #11.

agreed. lillard, marshall, wroten... all guys that are likely to selected at kind of a "reach" position by the many teams who are looking for a PG.

Well, then. It's a good thing the Jazz could use a big man, or a wing as well as a pg at #6, 11, 5, or whatever. :D

Make Dallas give the Jazz their #17 (must be announced after the pick by Stern as they've traded their 2013 away already), this year's 2nd rounder from LAL, a couple additional 2nd rounders, and whatever other asset KOC can pry away.

Dallas can acquire D-Will this year if they clear enough salary (Odom and Carter's $3mm is enough). If not they have to wait until next summer and risk losing out on him. D-Will would take a max deal this year over risking injury without a long term deal. Dallas will be willing to lose other pieces if it means landing Williams. This is an great opportunity to fleece the Mavericks. Too bad they have nothing else to offer.

How did KOC not get anything out of this trade? Not even $3mm in cash or the 53rd pick?

How did KOC not get anything out of this trade? Not even $3mm in cash or the 53rd pick?
Or Dallas could have just waived Odom and had a hit of $2.4M.

So would $2.4M in Year 1 be enough to keep Deron and Kidd from signing with Dallas? I think not. And there's plenty of other moves teh Mavs could have made to recoup that amount. I'm not even sure WHY a trade was made. It would have been better for the Clippers to just get Odom as a FA. Lamar wasn't going to sign with any non-LA team and the Lakers certainly don't want him back.

Plain and simple, it was probably KOC who initiated the discussions for Mo. He was the buyer. Clips were probably ok with keeping Mo for one more season (if he opted in) and signing Odom for the vet minimum. Sure, a trade was PREFERABLE, but not ESSENTIAL. And KOC WANTED Mo. Bitching over a 2nd round pick? Seriously? How many players drafted at #53 even make a roster? Murphy may not make the team over a camp invite. WE're probably better off signing a player for the vet minimum who can actually contribute if needed than having another 2nd-rounder on the team (if he MADE the team).

Let's wait to see what happens after Nash and Williams make their decisions. The market is waiting on those two. Once they find landing spots, Harris may be headed elsewhere. Then we'll see if KOC made the Mo acquisition as a precursor to dealing Devin. He may already have a deal in place with Dallas, waiting on confirmation that Deron is remaining in Brooklyn, where Kidd will join him.

I'm just sore we didn't get Crowder as a throw in.
If we had Crowder and Danny Green, I'd be pretty happy with our wings in this liminal year of rebuilding.

EDIT: maybe we get Crowder if we deal Harris to the Mavs.
Dwight saying he wants to be dealt to Brooklyn must be making Mavs fans' taints sweat.