What's new

Chad Ford: Exum > Burke right now; rookie player that's most positively surprising

Dantes home game vs away games averages
Home
GP MINS FG FGA FG% 3PTA 3PT% FTM-A FT% FIC OFF DEF REBS AST STL BLK PF TO PTS
4 19.8 2.5-4.8. 526 1.5-3.0 .500 0.8-2.0. 375 6.69 0.00 1.50 1.50 3.50 0.75 0.25 2.25 0.75 7.25
Away
GP MINS FG FGA FG% 3PTA 3PT% FTM-A FT% FIC OFF DEF REBS AST STL BLK PF TO PTS
5 19.0 1.6-4.8 .333 0.2-2.6. 077 1.2-1.4 .857 2.73 0.40 1.40 1.80 1.80 0.40 0.40 2.40 0.60 4.60

He has only had 1 turnover in his last 110 minutes which is a positive.

So what's the jam?

This team isn't making the playoffs. Trey knows what he's doing out there, he just isn't hitting shots. Keep bringing along Dante at a reasonable pace. He still has a lot of little things to work on.

Solid post.

And some historically good ones. Let's not compare Trey to one of the greatest shooters of all time, please.

LOL...comparing Ray Allen to Trey.
Please tell me when Ray Allen ever shot 38%/33% for an entire season. Also show me when he followed that up with 31%/22% through 9 games.

Clearly some of you don't know what a comparison is. I never said Burke is anywhere on par as a Ray Allen. However just pointing out even the best of the best struggle.

Ray Allen is a 18 year vet and he shot under .400 in a 6 game span once! Trey in his second year already has 3 different times where he shot under .400 for 6+ games ...

Clearly some of you don't know what a comparison is. I never said Burke is anywhere on par as a Ray Allen. However just pointing out even the best of the best struggle.

I think we all understand that Trey is struggling. I don't think he's a 30% shooter...I'm just not sure if he'll ever be consistently above 40% as a starter.

I think we all understand that Trey is struggling. I don't think he's a 30% shooter...I'm just not sure if he'll ever be consistently above 40% as a starter.

Its fair to carry that opinion. The stats (unfortunately for Burke) agree with you at the moment. The problem with Trey is that he's shooting treys so poorly as it such a huge percent of his shots.

Precisely. Trey is not as bad as he's been (at least I think he isn't). But I haven't seen any evidence that he'll ever be much better than last season. And having a starter shooting 38%/33% is just not going to contribute to any wins, not if that player doesn't offset those numbers with lockdown defense (something which Trey can never do).

Precisely. Trey is not as bad as he's been (at least I think he isn't). But I haven't seen any evidence that he'll ever be much better than last season. And having a starter shooting 38%/33% is just not going to contribute to any wins, not if that player doesn't offset those numbers with lockdown defense (something which Trey can never do).

Which is why he isn't good enough to be an NBA starter on a winning team.

Trey / Exum conundrum vs Chicago's situation with D.Rose.

I'd take our problem any day.

I don't know about that. I know it doesn't look good for Rose. But are you really saying you would rather have Exum and Burke over Rose? I wouldn't. I don't think there is a GM in the NBA that would rather have Exum and Burke. I would gladly take my chances on Rose. If that trade offer was proposed, I would take it in a heartbeat.

I don't know about that. I know it doesn't look good for Rose. But are you really saying you would rather have Exum and Burke over Rose? I wouldn't. I don't think there is a GM in the NBA that would rather have Exum and Burke. I would gladly take my chances on Rose. If that trade offer was proposed, I would take it in a heartbeat.

Obviously I'm not a doctor, but I would rather take a punt on a healthy, talented, improving 19 year old Exum than D. Rose who has had a history of recurring injuries, and who relies athleticism to be effective, yes.

Well... the question is really - do you think Rose can be anywhere near the level of his play prior to injuries and whether or not you think you think his injuries will continue to amass? And if yes, do you think the chance of Exum becoming a star player is better than the chance of Rose staying healthy? He's had 2 serious injuries in the span of 2 years and ever since he returned he's been having those small ones that take him out of games constantly. He's already missed half of the Bulls games because of injuries and in 2 of the other 4 he's got new injuries. It's unclear how serious the newest one is. They said he might need MRI scan tomorrow.

For me the choice would be much harder.