What's new

Changing my tune on Taylor Hendricks

I've been comparing Hendricks to DFS for a while now. He's a guy who can hit 4 or 5 3s in a game when he gets his rhythm. He could also get you 3 blocks and 2 steals as a help defender, while guarding the other team's big wings. He's a valuable player. He just needs someone else to get him an open look or open lane. He was a reasonable pick at #9 considering that the other wings with primary on-ball potential were gone.

Last edited:
I've been comparing Hendricks to DFS for a while now. He's a guy who can hit 4 or 5 3s in a game when he gets his rhythm. He could also get you 3 blocks and 2 steals as a help defender, while guarding the other team's big wings. He's a valuable player. He just needs someone else to get him an open look or open lane.
Yes, and I'm thinking what he could do for us in a few years. I'm hoping he's one of those kids who can learn the ropes fast. If that's the case, he could make his mark earlier.

Yes, and I'm thinking what he could do for us in a few years. I'm hoping he's one of those kids who can learn the ropes fast. If that's the case, he could make his mark earlier.

BRK has been playing DFS at the 5 this season. That may not be out of the question for Hendricks on some possessions. He can add some strength and improve his rebounding.

You draft a guy like TH on potential because as well as a decent stroke and head for the game, he’s long and has really good athleticism. I think it will prove to be a very smart pick as his ceiling is among the highest in the draft.

You draft a guy like TH on potential because as well as a decent stroke and head for the game, he’s long and has really good athleticism. I think it will prove to be a very smart pick as his ceiling is among the highest in the draft.
Yeah, I really hope so. It's hard to predict how good any of the rookies will be down the road, but I'm with you on Hendricks' chances for the reasons you mentioned.

Last edited:
A few things to be excited about.

-He just turned 20.

-He's in great shape.

-He can rock the rim.

-He shoots close to 80% FT.

-He gives a good effort.

-He plays pretty good D and makes some nice steals.

-He makes some nice passes.

Last edited:
You mean you might have prematurely wrote him off for no damn reason…

1702877687675.gif