What's new

Changing my tune on Taylor Hendricks

What fantasy world do you live in. It’s the latter end of 2023 not 3023
I live in the world where someone who was sooooo adamant about a player being bad and so convinced that he called others idiots and said they should listen to him. In this world we don't have time travel. In this very same world Taylor had some good G League games where the light switch had flipped and he looked like the prospect many of us saw in college. In this world he also had a good NBA game and after that a wise and prudent bus driver offered and olive branch to those that want to jump on board.... sadly some passed.

I live in the world where someone who was sooooo adamant about a player being bad and so convinced that he called others idiots and said they should listen to him. In this world we don't have time travel. In this very same world Taylor had some good G League games where the light switch had flipped and he looked like the prospect many of us saw in college. In this world he also had a good NBA game and after that a wise and prudent bus driver offered and olive branch to those that want to jump on board.... sadly some passed.
Never said he was bad. Lol

Man touchy aren’t ya.

Man touchy aren’t ya.
Not really I just think some on here were very certain about their opinion on the kid… this is like the parable of the ten virgins. I am reluctant and soberly shutting the door on all those that did not have faith. I can’t have you jumping on and off with every whim.

1702943476447.gif

You had joined the chorus of nonbelievers.

Not really I just think some on here were very certain about their opinion on the kid… this is like the parable of the ten virgins. I am reluctant and soberly shutting the door on all those that did not have faith. I can’t have you jumping on and off with every whim.

View attachment 15601
You’re always putting words in my mouth. I’ve only ever contended that he wasn’t a top ten pick

You’re always putting words in my mouth. I’ve only ever contended that he wasn’t a top ten pick
Taylor Hendricks. How may I count the ways here… he can’t dribble, create or finish a layup. He shot 44% on all layup attempts at UCF. And when it comes down to just needing to make a basketball savvy play to win a game, his basketball IQ comes up lacking

This was the book on him in college. I even argued this in the trade thread and @Handlogten's Heros and others swept under the rug because it was me saying it. I basically said if you want to draft him late teens early 20’s he’s a great pick but 9 to me was a massive reach, and HH did call him the most ready nba product. To which I was loling hard core.
Maybe next time you idiots should listen to me!!
When you post in the draft haters thread that he's your hate target... then you talk about how massive a reach it was... and then conclude you are right after the kid playing like zero nba time... and then you are offered a spot on the bus and pass.

You tried to lead the flock away from Taylor with the other dissenters. It is hard to kick against the pricks.

That’s because everyone was acting like he was a can’t miss prospect. I always said I’d take him with the 16th pick. So ya still putting words in my mouth.
Sir the words I quoted were your own… yes I am putting your own words in your mouth. I will allow you on the bus but you need to know this like the Yellowstone brand… it’s permanent… there is no climbing on and off the bus. The only way off is when @Bodhi drops you off at the train station.

1703003435256.gif

Sir the words I quoted were your own… yes I am putting your own words in your mouth. I will allow you on the bus but you need to know this like the Yellowstone brand… it’s permanent… there is no climbing on and off the bus. The only way off is when @Bodhi drops you off at the train station.

View attachment 15606
And yet I never said I hated him as a prospect. I pointed out obvious weaknesses that basically every prospect has and that’s why they are picked outside the top 10

And yet I never said I hated him as a prospect. I pointed out obvious weaknesses that basically every prospect has and that’s why they are picked outside the top 10
Yes how dare I say that you hate him when you picked him as the prospect you hate in the draft hate thread and you said he was a massive reach at 9… then when you piled on with a tisk tisk I told you so three weeks ago and lamented the pick with the other dissenters. Take the brand and quietly get on the bus… or stay off.

Yes how dare I say that you hate him when you picked him as the prospect you hate in the draft hate thread and you said he was a massive reach at 9… then when you piled on with a tisk tisk I told you so three weeks ago and lamented the pick with the other dissenters. Take the brand and quietly get on the bus… or stay off.
Ya. Hated him at #9. Are you done putting words in my mouth. I only did that because of the irrational love he was getting. I liked at 16

View attachment 15606
1703007279937.png

You also argued with me anytime I tried to say something good about hendricks. That was your choice. You could have agreed with what I was saying or could have disagreed and kept it to yourself but you always made the choice to bring in some negativity whenever I posted some positivity.