What's new

CHICAGO BULLS v. UTAH JAZZ 7:00 MST 09 February 2010

I was expecting a loss. I only got to watch the fourth, but his one felt just like Houston all over again. Tears your heart out! I'm going to watch the replay for the first three quarters to get a better feel of where we this team is at in returning to what they are capable of.

Improvements this game:
won the 1st quarter
won the rebounding battle
held the bulls to 91
held the bulls to 39% fgs
Paul and AL able to make significant contributions offensively in the same game.
Bell with a nother >50% shooting +5rebs
AK continues to contribute 4 blks, 10 rebs, so-so shooting if you consider fts
Al continues to look more and more comfortable and appears to be understanding the offense more and more. Some pretty pick-n-rolls tonight

noteworthy:
able to shut down boozer for the most part 6/16, 4 ba, only 2 fts, only 6 rebs
10 blks

Still need improvement:
Deron is getting burned by quicker guards regularly, and our bigs aren't able to provide much help
Deron 0-3 3pts (also only shot 2 fts, shot poor fg%)
Defense having difficulty with driving guards. 6 drives for a layup, or got fouled to prevent an easy one (in the first half)
15 to's
1-8 3pts
our bench is abysmal lately--not even streaky (5 pts tonight)

New problems/chalk it up to a bad night:
Deron w/5 to's, and as mentioned the last 3 possessions (he owned the L in the interview btw)
52% fts - 66% vs sac, 74% vs okc
15 to's

We have been slowly chipping away at the weaknesses. I am encouraged that the improvements list is larger than the weakness list. As long as we continue this trend, I expect this team to exceed the level of play they were at earlier this year.

Fix 1 or 2 more weaknesses and tonight is a W.

wtf

D-will, how can you let Rose just own you like that?
I know he's a good passer but I think he cared way too much about passing and not enough about scoring. Watson pushes the ball so much more.

And the Jazz team is shooting free-throws like fesenko. Where the ***** are the threes at? and where the hell was d-will?

OH the bright side... JAZZ OWNED BOOZER BIG TIME :D lol

It have noticed that Dwill has been pushing the ball more lately. He has had a couple of breaks with bad numbers where he sneaks in an unexpected layup.

It have noticed that Dwill has been pushing the ball more lately. He has had a couple of breaks with bad numbers where he sneaks in an unexpected layup.

true, but in this game he didn't do it enough. The unexpected layups are coming cause he's been so non-existent for the majority of this game with the exception of some pretty assists. In the final minutes, Rose whooped the Jazz asses back and forth and over and over again. The three shot over 3 guys was nuts and then he comes and picks the ball from D-will, I hate him cause he was so beast. I was hoping D-will was going to prove something tonight and show Rose how it's done but williams got schooled instead. :(

I'm not saying Hayward dominated tonight, but the box score doesn't tell the whole story. He drew 3 fouls, and was hustling out there. Kid has good energy and is always involved.

Btw will own the suns twice baring some whacked out trade we may be announcing. Jefferson is coming into his and that is impossible to deny.

I remember at the start of the season being ridiculed for placing Rose ahead of Dwill on my list of top players. Hmmmmm....

I think it's plenty obvious that this team needs some help at the SG/SF position. Right now we don't have a SF/SG that could start for many teams.

No doubt. The jazz will never progress without a quality wing.

This had all the makings of a jazz win but we couldn't overcome some of our own deficiencies, mostly lack of bench production(2 of 9, ouch), lack of 3 point shooting(painfully obvious when we are down 3 late in the game and don't know who to give the ball to) and D-will turning the ball over too much. But congrats to the Bullzz(that late steal and ft's must have felt good for Ronnie B) , that team can do some damage in the playoffs with Noah in the middle a guy like him could be the missing piece for the jazz to really break through.

This had all the makings of a jazz win but we couldn't overcome some of our own deficiencies, mostly lack of bench production(2 of 9, ouch), lack of 3 point shooting(painfully obvious when we are down 3 late in the game and don't know who to give the ball to) and D-will turning the ball over too much. But congrats to the Bullzz(that late steal and ft's must have felt good for Ronnie B) , that team can do some damage in the playoffs with Noah in the middle a guy like him could be the missing piece for the jazz to really break through.

The Jazz are an expressionist stage play: to be inside the mind of Gregg Miller, or O'Connor, by way of the inept product they've put on the floor. But it's not even Felliniesque even while being so absurd; it's just...boring.

Like a Guy Maddin film.

Three straight TO's by Williams - ridiculous.

1 and done in the playoffs if we're lucky.

That would be VERY unlucky. Going to the playoffs is pointless. It would only pad the pockets of Greg Miller, and give another pat on the back to our coach. We must get in the lottery....only way the season will produce something worthwhile.

Geez all the hate towards DW. I hope he doesn't read this board. First of all the "he is the best guard in the NBA" debate is ridiculous. It is like the Stockton is better than Magic debate. No one wins that debate because both players are great. It comes down to bias and personal preference. There are a lot of great PGs in the league and DW is one of them and so is Rose. Rose outplayed a one arm DW tonight. If you can't see the fact that DW is playing with one arm then you must be blind. The injury affects all aspects of his game including the mental part of it. The Jazz didn't lose the game simply because DW had 3 straight turnovers. The Jazz were in the position they were in because they missed 11 free throws, could get an defensive rebound in the fourth quarter and got zero help from the bench. This was a team loss like every loss is but DW haters want to throw him under the bus for making some errors down the stretch. What DW should do is not play until his wrist is completely healed but if he did that then I am sure many fans would start comparing him to Boozer.

Geez all the hate towards DW. I hope he doesn't read this board. First of all the "he is the best guard in the NBA" debate is ridiculous. It is like the Stockton is better than Magic debate. No one wins that debate because both players are great. It comes down to bias and personal preference. There are a lot of great PGs in the league and DW is one of them and so is Rose. Rose outplayed a one arm DW tonight. If you can't see the fact that DW is playing with one arm then you must be blind. The injury affects all aspects of his game including the mental part of it. The Jazz didn't lose the game simply because DW had 3 straight turnovers. The Jazz were in the position they were in because they missed 11 free throws, could get an defensive rebound in the fourth quarter and got zero help from the bench. This was a team loss like every loss is but DW haters want to throw him under the bus for making some errors down the stretch. What DW should do is not play until his wrist is completely healed but if he did that then I am sure many fans would start comparing him to Boozer.

truth

Deron isn't going to be the best PG every year. If he's healthy he'll beat out everyone from time to time.
There are just too many good pgs in the league now to be considered the best PG for the next 5 years. It's not going to happen.
He's one of the best, and during times he'll play better than the other PGs. Now is not one of those times.

Give props to Rose. He is having himself a great year.

He is their second leading scorer tonight. And this IS a game thread, not a Boozer thread.

You make every thread just about a Loozer thread you troll. One of these days the mods are going to do their job and send you packing to the Bull's board.

Our bench minutes compared to their bench minutes is an interesting stat. Why didn't Watson get some burn alongside DWill? He only played 10 minutes, could have spent a little time guarding Rose and giving Williams some looks on the other end. And Evans was a DNP? And Fes played 7 minutes?