What's new

Clarkson for Sixth Man Award

So a day or two after the trade and reflecting on it, I posted my thoughts here where I was largely supportive and suggested JC as a Lou Williams / Jamaal Crawford / Jason Terry.

It’s still funny, though, in hindsight that I said one downside was not being able to use Exum’s salary to land an Aminu.

So a day or two after the trade and reflecting on it, I posted my thoughts here where I was largely supportive and suggested JC as a Lou Williams / Jamaal Crawford / Jason Terry.

It’s still funny, though, in hindsight that I said one downside was not being able to use Exum’s salary to land an Aminu.
Oh my....yuck

JC is obviously outstanding in his role...but part of me wonders if we're holding him back. He's already usurped Ingles in the rotation...but he should probably also take Bogey's role. JC is simply a better player than Bogey right now.
Sure, the Jazz are rolling right now, but let's go fix what isn't broken. Clarkson has absolutely thrived in this role since Utah traded for him, and Bojan will be just fine, regardless of his recent struggles. No need to overreact just because he is in somewhat of a slump.

Sure, the Jazz are rolling right now, but let's go fix what isn't broken. Clarkson has absolutely thrived in this role since Utah traded for him, and Bojan will be just fine, regardless of his recent struggles. No need to overreact just because he is in somewhat of a slump.
Clarkson is a better player than Bogey and Joe. JC possesses more offensive weapons and play making skills than Bogey, Bogey gets stripped every time he slashes. Joe is slowing down and getting old. But as to what the other post was stating it's not a question of who is better because we need everyone to win

Yep, Donovan and JC are both Alpha scorers- better to not have them overlap too much unless one of them is struggling with their shot or Don is getting so much attention he needs someone to take the defensive pressure off.

Right now he's easily the front runner for the award.
Should be but media tends to vote for teams that have more exposure than us. He will need to make sure he is the clear cut winner imo. It’s a weird award anyway but would be good for him to get it.

Also an interesting number: per 36 minutes, he’s third in three point attempts at 11.2. That’s pretty crazy because even 9 per 36 is massive. He’s behind Steph (11.8) and Bertans (11.7). This doesn’t count today’s games, though. An interesting one, however, is #4 Mike Muscala at 10.9.