What's new

Clarkson Opts In

Levert is someone I always thought was overrated....looked the part but was always inefficient because he could not shoot. But he's a little bit younger than JC + improved a lot on his defense like Lauri did in CLE. Would it be worth it to swap?

This is what I've been eyeing this whole time, but without the threat of outright signing him I think it dings the viability of the deal happening. I also don't know that anyone besides people in front and league offices actually knows how that works in an Early Bird restricted free agency situation regarding the matching/offer max asymmetry.

Wish THT wouldn't have opted in or KO wasn't guaranteed. I like both fine, but I love Reaves enough to lose one of them just to take a shot.
THT … shm..

I guess if you consider going 10-8 in close games (within 5) inordinate. Not sure I'd use that word.
Like I said, earlier in the year, before we were actively not playing our best players, that number was higher.

Ya we PLAYED in a TON of close games (tied the record for most games decided by 1 point with 11) but the narrative that we won almost all of them is incorrect. We lost a good amount of close games too.

Is there any follow up news? It seems like only Sarah reported this. What’s the next plan after opting in?

I think Clarkson takes a lot of attention off of Lauri and makes his life easier. If we end up extending Clarkson I think we need a low usage PG that can really facilitate and defend next to him. Dunn could probably work, but I would want an even better facilitator and someone that defenses respected their shot.

I think Clarkson takes a lot of attention off of Lauri and makes his life easier. If we end up extending Clarkson I think we need a low usage PG that can really facilitate and defend next to him. Dunn could probably work, but I would want an even better facilitator and someone that defenses respected their shot.
Dunn was very close to a triple double the last game. He was the fifth player taken in the draft one year.

Dunn was very close to a triple double the last game. He was the fifth player taken in the draft one year.

I think he deserves a chance. One of the good things about Hardy is he'll let people compete for playing time in camp. We'll see how it works out. I won't be surprised if Ainge isn't completely comfortable with our options at PG and gets someone else though.

I think he deserves a chance. One of the good things about Hardy is he'll let people compete for playing time in camp. We'll see how it works out. I won't be surprised if Ainge isn't completely comfortable with our options at PG and gets someone else though.
One thing to watch is KD's and Vernon Carey Jr. head coach in the GLeague is now a Jazz assistant coach. He probably has a good idea of both players strengths and weaknesses.