What's new

Collin Sexton SZN

Me too. haven't enjoyed the games as much without him. Though i loved hardys distribution of minutes last night. Anytime Kessler and Ochai both play over 30 minutes im happy.
They should keep him out, bench the Finnisher and run to the podium at this point. But yeah we could just as easily end up drafting the lesser of two project forwards at 15 and the lesser of two high floor guards at 21 because Sexton and the Finnisher willed this team into the playoffs smh

I miss watching Sexton play. I think he will miss the next two games and return on 3/18 when we play Boston. I hope.
It is not in his best interest or this orgs for him to play at all this season unless they make the playoffs without him and the tank is dead.
Putting him out there adds enough offense that along with the offense we still have, kills any chance of being in the lottery.
Do you really want to see Sexton play so bad that we get to lose int he first round and **** ourselves out of one of Hendricks, Hawkins or Sidy?
all 3 of them are lottery locks now imo

Andy Larsen said that Sexton works harder than any NBA player he has been around. He said he loves being in the gym, loves basketball and just truly wants to be great. He said he’s been in SLC this summer working with Jazz coaches because a that’s what he truly thinks he needs to do to become better.

Andy Larsen said that Sexton works harder than any NBA player he has been around. He said he loves being in the gym, loves basketball and just truly wants to be great. He said he’s been in SLC this summer working with Jazz coaches because a that’s what he truly thinks he needs to do to become better.
Impressive…. Hopefully a breakout year is coming

Sexton brings intangibles that go beyond his stats. Love this guy. I want these kind of guys on my team. Especially with a lot of incoming young guys. You could just tell is was killing Sexton to not be in games at the end of the year when the tank was on.

I wouldn't say I have 180'd on him, but my opinion is definitely more positive. Still have a hard time viewing him as a long term piece, but he's undeniably a positive.

Collin has impressed me honestly. He's just that dude you want and, when he's on, he's on. I can see why the FO gave him that contract and I don't think they'll be looking to deal him soon.

I love Sexton, he's really won me over.

I'm curious what the coaches are working with him on. If he could add an off the bounce 3, that would be amazing. Most of the other stuff probably takes 5 on 5 to work on, like passing, vision, decision making.

If Black becomes the best version of what he can become could this lineup work:

Black, Sexton, Agbaji, Lauri, Kessler

Feels like a good regular season lineup, but not a great playoff lineup.

If Black becomes the best version of what he can become could this lineup work:

Black, Sexton, Agbaji, Lauri, Kessler

Feels like a good regular season lineup, but not a great playoff lineup.
Don't know, that could have a punchers chance honestly. Plenty of range in that and allows Kessler to do work down low.

This does not surprise me at all.

I wouldn't say I have 180'd on him, but my opinion is definitely more positive. Still have a hard time viewing him as a long term piece, but he's undeniably a positive.

Good on you Cy

Be better off ball by having a quicker catch and shoot 3

Both things are weapons he lacks but i think your idea has more of a chance of happening. I see him getting quicker on catch and shoot threes before i can see him getting good at off the dribble threes. Would be amazing if he added both to his game.

I was pretty confident in his three ball last year but he needed to be pretty open to get it off.

Both things are weapons he lacks but i think your idea has more of a chance of happening. I see him getting quicker on catch and shoot threes before i can see him getting good at off the dribble threes. Would be amazing if he added both to his game.

I was pretty confident in his three ball last year but he needed to be pretty open to get it off.
He has a decent catch and shoot shot, it's just slow

Be better off ball by having a quicker catch and shoot 3

Good point, though when I think about it, I think he was mostly just a slow decision maker. He would be open with the ball on the perimeter and instead of just raising up for a shot he would pause for a second to see if the defense was going to close out.

Sexton always wanted to drive to the basket, no matter what. It will be hard to get him to overcome that instinct and to become a little more balanced.

Good point, though when I think about it, I think he was mostly just a slow decision maker. He would be open with the ball on the perimeter and instead of just raising up for a shot he would pause for a second to see if the defense was going to close out.

Sexton always wanted to drive to the basket, no matter what. It will be hard to get him to overcome that instinct and to become a little more balanced.
I wonder if anyone has tried this: “hey Collin, being a 6’ guy living at the rim is a hard life. Member your knee? Member the hammies? Shoot open threes with glee. The better you do that, the less they leave you open, the harder they close out, and the better your rim attempts will be.”