What's new

Conley Benched

He leads the team in assists, is averaging less turnovers and has a better assist/turnover ratio than any of our other ball handlers. He also clearly has the best chemistry with Rudy. He's definitely been in a slump over the last 10 games or so but he's still averaging over 6 assists a game over that span.

12.7 PER on the season. that's about what Exum was giving us when he was at his "best".

The greatest move we could make this offseason is Conley opting out.

Cant say we didn’t try, but MEM won that trade 10x over.

All teams apply effort equally to other teams? All teams apply effort consistently throughout the season?

If effort is not a factor, why would our defensive efficiency go up and down over the course of a season?
that's not hard to explain. just look up our defensive numbers since Eric Gordon dropped 50 on us through Hou's small ball strategy. since then teams were shown the way to exploit our defensive weaknesses on the perimeter. before that game, opponents were too easily scared by the anchoring stifle tower. now everyone knew to just go small on us and force rudy to get out of the paint. it's not a lack of effort or consistency. it's a mere loss of confidence since we no longer scare other teams defensively

Average GM that had a little draft luck...
DL is extremely lucky Donovan had the PERFECT workout for him. He got typical DL tunnel vision and had to have his man, and no one else. Wasn't based on any outside assessment but THAT workout and charm. If it wasn't for that we would of ended up with someone who had thicker handpads who trained Pommel horse as a kid.

At least it doesn't look like there is any animosity towards Conley from the players.

DL is extremely lucky Donovan had the PERFECT workout for him. He got typical DL tunnel vision and had to have his man, and no one else. Wasn't based on any outside assessment but THAT workout and charm. If it wasn't for that we would of ended up with someone who had thicker handpads who trained Pommel horse as a kid.
denver is the reason why DL still has a job right now.

Bruh... that and Denver calling him back... he picked up the phone... didn’t dial out... he doesn’t force the issue that would be impolite.

I want one ****ing reporter to just ask the question... did the front office get involved today after the initial announcement... don’t care why just need to know TIA

if they don’t I feel I am free to speculate as I like and I will get wild with ****.

I want one ****ing reporter to just ask the question... did the front office get involved today after the initial announcement... don’t care why just need to know TIA

if they don’t I feel I am free to speculate as I like and I will get wild with ****.
fans need to start bringing the poster of "fire DL, and take that conley garbage with him" to games.

It's just a team playing for darn too much time on the edge of its potential. At some point it does not work anymore. Besides, when it seems your team is ready to take a step forward into real competition, the other teams start to pay atention and plan, decipher you better. We all lknow this. I'm not mad at Jazz brass for trying changes.
Many assets were used improperly before "this administration", Hayward really damaged things, Hill decided to go out... it's a chain of events...
It's time for our players anc coaches to hold it up, keep as strong as they can, try to have fun playing basketball and stop pointing fingers.
Probably for us too.

This either makes Quin look unbelievably bad... or Mike's agent made a call and the front office intervened... or the front office decided to intervene on their own accord... Either Quin did a catastrophically bad job here or the front office is totally fine with letting him look really bad while they sit up in the corner office.

Also, the whole we need Mike to be Mike thing... isn't he more likely to find that off the bench where there isn't pressure to share the ball as much... or if you use a lot of possesions it will take possessions away from Niang and some from JC (who will get his regardless) rather than DM, Joe, Rudy. Like how does bringing him off the bench completely eliminate us finding Memphis Mike?

It's just a team playing for darn too much time on the edge of its potential. At some point it does not work anymore. Besides, when it seems your team is ready to take a step forward into real competition, the other teams start to pay atention and plan, decipher you better. We all lknow this. I'm not mad at Jazz brass for trying changes.
Many assets were used improperly before "this administration", Hayward really damaged things, Hill decided to go out... it's a chain of events...
It's time for our players anc coaches to hold it up, keep as strong as they can, try to have fun playing basketball and stop pointing fingers.
Probably for us too.

I don't fully disagree, but... you can't have fun and lose... not with guys that are competitive enough to get to this level.

seems like Mike and Bojan are not Jazzmen, they don't have the jazz DNA like crowder and Rubio. Bojan is lazy and just watches on d most of the time. Mike just sucks, keeping him longer than this year will seriously destroy this franchise's potential and future. Bojan should be a 6th man that can just be a shooter, it's clear that we are over playing him and he just doesn't have the skillset to flourish. Put Bojan on the bench as a spark he brings no d, and waive the f out of Conley.

I don't fully disagree, but... you can't have fun and lose... not with guys that are competitive enough to get to this level.
True. You can't have fun losing after you thought you probably were worth to be up there near the top of it.
That's why you focus, work and succeed adding new toppings to your game. It does not work if you're capable only to focus and work. In the end, you need to actually add to your game.
I love our guys, and Jazz committed to them. It is what it is. They've got to live with it.
So, as a player, you better find a way to have fun and show something worth watching for your fan base... stop whinnig and pointing and getting mad, and put a couple new moves to your game.
If you're not cabaple of it, have fun and wait for the next iteration of the whole thing.
As a fan, I still want to watch these guys playing the right way, having and showing some fun out there.

Just listened to Tony Jones interview with Bill Riley, he said if the Jazz are going to keep starting O'Neale then Conley is the one that needs to come off the bench. Say's the Jazz need more size in the starting lineup and they need Joe out there to run pick and roll with Rudy. Andy Larsen basically said the same thing in his triple team article last night. Tony said he would likely still close games with Conley.

Just listened to Tony Jones interview with Bill Riley, he said if the Jazz are going to keep starting O'Neale then Conley is the one that needs to come off the bench. Say's the Jazz need more size in the starting lineup and they need Joe out there to run pick and roll with Rudy. Andy Larsen basically said the same thing in his triple team article last night. Tony said he would likely still close games with Conley.
But but but he’s Mike effing CONLEY! He has to be good or we will suck... he can’t possibly be good if we brought him off the bench! Heresy!