Conley invited to the all star game

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner

NUMBERICA

Happy for Conley but am a little weary that this takes a little bit of the chip off of his and the team's shoulders moving forward.
I think the total opposite is true. If getting into the ASG has been motivation for Conley, the passing of the ASG removes that particular motivation by virtue of it passing. I think the value of the boosted confidence/happiness outweighs the potential chip on his shoulder since the Jazz are not lacking chips as a team, and I certainly think him playing with more bounce is better than the risk that being left out again might be deflating.

On the topic of the collective chip on the shoulder; I'm more worried that the tsunami of disrespect they're weathering is more an impediment than a boost at a certain point.

DasJazz

I think the total opposite is true. If getting into the ASG has been motivation for Conley, the passing of the ASG removes that particular motivation by virtue of it passing. I think the value of the boosted confidence/happiness outweighs the potential chip on his shoulder since the Jazz are not lacking chips as a team, and I certainly think him playing with more bounce is better than the risk that being left out again might be deflating.

On the topic of the collective chip on the shoulder; I'm more worried that the tsunami of disrespect they're weathering is more an impediment than a boost at a certain point.

Great post/response. I agree.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Conley might do better in the 3pt shooting contest than some people think. I bet he comes in ahead of both Celtics players and Zach Lavine.

Then the commentators will go on about how many 3s the Jazz are shooting this year.