What's new

Conley invited to the all star game

Gobert should swat KD AND Lebron even though they are on the same team. And then say You SHOULD have played as the Jazz. And besides, the Brooklyn Nets weren't even a team when he you grew up playing video games.

Last edited:
I doubt Rudy or DM or Conley play much since they were the last guys picked. I am ok with low minutes. I am happy for Mike to finally make an All-star game especially he will no longer hear the best player NOT to make an All-star game message. I would love it if Conley and DM made the finals in the 3 pt contest. I do not know if either will show well because of their style of how they shoot three pointers but it would be awesome to see them in the Finals against each other.

I doubt Rudy or DM or Conley play much since they were the last guys picked. I am ok with low minutes. I am happy for Mike to finally make an All-star game especially he will no longer hear the best player NOT to make an All-star game message. I would love it if Conley and DM made the finals in the 3 pt contest. I do not know if either will show well because of their style of how they shoot three pointers but it would be awesome to see them in the Finals against each other.
The only pure shooter in the contest is Curry.

I wish Mike would have been chosen from the start. But it's cool he's finally made it and I hope he's pleased.

Happy for Conley but am a little weary that this takes a little bit of the chip off of his and the team's shoulders moving forward.
I think the total opposite is true. If getting into the ASG has been motivation for Conley, the passing of the ASG removes that particular motivation by virtue of it passing. I think the value of the boosted confidence/happiness outweighs the potential chip on his shoulder since the Jazz are not lacking chips as a team, and I certainly think him playing with more bounce is better than the risk that being left out again might be deflating.

On the topic of the collective chip on the shoulder; I'm more worried that the tsunami of disrespect they're weathering is more an impediment than a boost at a certain point.

I think the total opposite is true. If getting into the ASG has been motivation for Conley, the passing of the ASG removes that particular motivation by virtue of it passing. I think the value of the boosted confidence/happiness outweighs the potential chip on his shoulder since the Jazz are not lacking chips as a team, and I certainly think him playing with more bounce is better than the risk that being left out again might be deflating.

On the topic of the collective chip on the shoulder; I'm more worried that the tsunami of disrespect they're weathering is more an impediment than a boost at a certain point.

Great post/response. I agree.

Conley might do better in the 3pt shooting contest than some people think. I bet he comes in ahead of both Celtics players and Zach Lavine.

Then the commentators will go on about how many 3s the Jazz are shooting this year.