What's new

Conley Officially a Jazzman

This type of **** always comes from the whitest looking mother****ers. Like they are embarrassed by their whiteness or something and lash out at people or communities they perceive as "whiter" than them. Or how it looks to me anyway.

Shut up man... I have like 3 black friends... 3!

I really don't get the fascination for love. That's a poison pill. Bad contact, player on a strong downhill trajectory. But hey, 5 years ago he scored and rebounded so, you know, he must be awesome!
And there are a **** ton of players that can play the 4 and provide spacing that are way cheaper, younger, and healthier.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

See my post above about our record without Rudy.

Fine so it's a policy that covers 50% of our salary but also costs 50% of our current salary. Favs is better than the backup we'd find... but if Rudy is out we screwed anyway... so I'm with that.

It just makes so much more sense to reconfigure.

Well, he only missed one game this year and we lost, but that was the last game and nobody was playing, so I wouldn't count this year. I think the Houston game and the Milwaukee game stick out in people's minds.

Last year, we were 40-16 with him and 11-15 without him (0.714 vs. 0.423).
He played every game the year before that.
In 2015-2016 we were 31-31 with him 7-13 without him (0.500 vs. 0.350).

This idea that we need Gobert insurance is somewhat overblown. If he goes down with an injury, we're ****ed whether we have a "good" replacement option or not.

tl;dr We need to be looking at raising our ceiling rather than raising our floor.
Great post

That was in reply to a conversation about whether or not Favors is worth his contract to other teams though.
I think it is.
I think most people think it is.

Shoot for the stars jazz! Go all in this year! We have seen the favors and Gobert tandem for years now and it doesn't work. Give us the Love and Gobert season! Trade dedum and Favors for him!

Shoot for the stars jazz! Go all in this year! We have seen the favors and Gobert tandem for years now and it doesn't work. Give us the Love and Gobert season! Trade dedum and Favors for him!
Conley was our Kawhi. Love is our Gasol. Do that and we will have plenty of vets coming in for minimum deals. Tyson Chandler, Vince Carter, etc.

Why love though? Why do you not want what love brings in a cheaper, younger, and healthier player?

This type of **** always comes from the whitest looking mother****ers. Like they are embarrassed by their whiteness or something and lash out at people or communities they perceive as "whiter" than them. Or how it looks to me anyway.
Yall getting way too sensitive

I'd be all over Gallinari. No idea of it's feasible, but I can't think of a better option for us if we're looking at replacing Favors with a stretch 4.

Why love though? Why do you not want what love brings in a cheaper, younger, and healthier player?

I'm also on board with bringing in younger and cheaper people. The reason why I would say Love would be because he's a scorer plus a rebounder. With all the other options you're not getting that kind of combo. We did good by addressing offensive issues with Conley, but we still need guys who can score. Having Love gives us a lot of options on the offensive end. The other thing is that he is an elite rebounder. We lost a lot of games down the stretch because we gave up easy defensive rebounds. With him and Rudy, we'll be grabbing all the boards. I'd still be fine with a lot of those other guys though, but I think Love has the possibility for still being an 18-20 ppg and 11 rpg guy. I think Jabari can be an 18 ppg+ guy, but no rebounding. I'm cool with Gallo, but he's not a rebounder. I'm cool with Aminu, but he's not a scorer. I'm cool with Gay, but would rather have all the other guys I've mentioned.

I'm also on board with bringing in younger and cheaper people. The reason why I would say Love would be because he's a scorer plus a rebounder. With all the other options you're not getting that kind of combo. We did good by addressing offensive issues with Conley, but we still need guys who can score. Having Love gives us a lot of options on the offensive end. The other thing is that he is an elite rebounder. We lost a lot of games down the stretch because we gave up easy defensive rebounds. With him and Rudy, we'll be grabbing all the boards. I'd still be fine with a lot of those other guys though, but I think Love has the possibility for still being an 18-20 ppg and 11 rpg guy. I think Jabari can be an 18 ppg+ guy, but no rebounding. I'm cool with Gallo, but he's not a rebounder. I'm cool with Aminu, but he's not a scorer. I'm cool with Gay, but would rather have all the other guys I've mentioned.
I don't really want him getting a ton of rebounds.
I want him defending other teams stretch 4's on the defensive end (which he would suck at) and I want him shooting 3' on offense. Keep our 4 out of the paint.

A guy like Crowder would be perfect tbh. Shoots 3's, defends, is healthy, and cheap. Of course a few 3 point percentage points higher would be nice.

I don't really want him getting a ton of rebounds.
I want him defending other teams stretch 4's on the defensive end (which he would suck at) and I want him shooting 3' on offense. Keep our 4 out of the paint.

A guy like Crowder would be perfect tbh. Shoots 3's, defends, is healthy, and cheap. Of course a few 3 point percentage points higher would be nice.

He can defend the four and get in position for rebounding. How many times did Tucker grab timely offensive boards. Who was guarding him?

Why you ain't high on Gay? Good rebounder, creator, and shooter.