What's new

Conley Officially a Jazzman

By all accounts DL has sworn a blood oath that he will never let Favors go. So many people cool with this. I feel like I’m in an episode of the Twighlight Zone or in some alternate universe with how many people are totally cool with keeping Favors now that we’ve fixed one problem in the starting unit.

Am I ****ing crazy?

I get Favors has flaws, but he is also a needed protection piece.

If Rudy goes down, Favors can step into that C role, and give us a chance to win. He's thrived in it at times.
If we trade Favors away, and Rudy goes down, we're.....

If Rudy goes down, Favors can step into that C role, and give us a chance to win. He's thrived in it at times.

Udoh was a nice backup in those sort of regards, but Favors could actually score. It would be hard replace. I've come to see more of this side of the argument. I just wish Faves could naildown that corner 3.

What's our record without Gobert?

Rudy is not a difference maker in today's NBA unless he learns how to shoot and develops any kind of post game.

RPM literally measure "making a difference" -- he is the #4 Center and #16th in the league.

But maybe you were joking.

Then why Jazz did better vs Houston with Favors at 5? I love Rudy, don't get me wrong, but he is playing in wrong era.

Comparing Rudy versus first team to Favors versus the second team. oh kay.

I can see him getting 3 years for $45-55M. But he won't get the $30M per year.

Agreed. But he's just looking for a longer deal before retiring. Dude is playing his cards perfect. A smaller sum per year over a longer deal gives him one last good payday before hanging them up. It's easier to swallow from a team standpoint and can become a trade piece in a few years.

People are complaining about love guarding on the perimeter. Favors cant guard for **** on the perimeter either so why not give someone who never plays and someone who cant shoot a 3 to save his life for someone who can. Kevin can play backup 5 like favors, can rebound like favors, can pass better than favors, can definitely shoot better than favors, so why not? We need to win now

Favors actually can defend the perimeter pretty good.
Also love is injury prone
Also love is old
Also love has one of the worst contracts in the NBA.
Also love shot 36% from three last year. That's ok but not great. In order for the jazz to overlook his age, contract, injury issues, lack of defense, etc he better be a better shooter than that. And it would still be a bad idea.
Also he isn't the passer people think he is. He averaged 2.2 assists last year (per 36 he averaged 2.9. he averages 2.6 per 36 for his career)

#neverlove

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Also love is old
Also love shot 36% from three last year. That's ok but not great. In order for the jazz to overlook his age, contract, injury issues, lack of defense, etc he better be a better shooter than that. And it would still be a bad idea.
Also he isn't the passer people think he is. He averaged 2.2 assists last year (per 36 he averaged 2.9. he averages 2.6 per 36 for his career)

#neverlove

I really don't get the fascination for love. That's a poison pill. Bad contact, player on a strong downhill trajectory. But hey, 5 years ago he scored and rebounded so, you know, he must be awesome!

Some people fear the future 1st rounder will end up too high. I think everyone agrees Conley will be great in the short term, provided he’s healthy and doesn’t hate on the city of Utah too much.

The issue on the future 1st rounder isn't that the pick will be too high. The issue is that the 2022 draft is the "double draft" year when the One and Done rule is no longer in place and players can jump directly from high school to the NBA. So the whole first round could be like being in the lottery.

Last edited:
Also love is old

#neverlove

I can't believe this is still being talked about. The reality is that Love does move the needle, but in the wrong direction. Could you imagine him and Gobert get injured? Then what? Cause we know damn well from his history, Love isn't playing 82 games this season. And he isn't going to play defense that is capable enough to be a backup to Gobert.