What's new

Convince Me

I apologise for my part in derailing this thread. Let's get back on topic. There are enough threads to beat up on the reds and the blues.

If you think it wasn't calculated for the double meaning you are either highly indoctrinated or naive. Most sound-bites are for the lowest common denominator of voters. You really think most voters caught that nuance when the obvious double-meaning was so heavy-handed?
When said in context, yes I think most voters would easily catch that "nuance" given that it wasn't actually all that nuanced at all. It was pretty straightforward and easy to understand.

“Romney wants to let the — he said in the first hundred days, he’s going to let the big banks once again write their own rules, unchain Wall Street,” Mr. Biden said. “They’re going to put you all back in chains.”

Also, this wasn't said solely to black parishioners, it was a mixed raced crowd at a research institute. So again, it's not clear and obvious that it was intended to have any racial connotations at all.

All that said, I don't think if I was a candidate that's a line I would go with, but to pretend that line is some sort of evidence that the kind of criticism Trump gets these days is just the latest example of liberals making **** up to smear the right is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Dude, get out. You're derailing the thread. We're supposed to be arguing about whether Thriller hates you or not.

Yes, people said dumb **** all the time. You're free to ignore the dumb **** if it is dumb ****. I'd encourage you also to use your free will to respond to warranted criticism as well.

Lets get back to the Thriller show please. Thanks!

I don't hate Thriller or anyone like him. Mostly he just makes me sad for him and I hope his life gets better. I know a lot of people who's coping mechanism for a crappy life is hating Trump. Knew a lot who used Obama for the same reason.

If you think it wasn't calculated for the double meaning you are either highly indoctrinated or naive. Most sound-bites are for the lowest common denominator of voters. You really think most voters caught that nuance when the obvious double-meaning was so heavy-handed?

There's likely some truth to this. Like the presidential seal "hack" and Lion guard

I don't hate Thriller or anyone like him. Mostly he just makes me sad for him and I hope his life gets better. I know a lot of people who's coping mechanism for a crappy life is hating Trump. Knew a lot who used Obama for the same reason.
lol you hope his life gets better?

What's wrong with his life right now? What do you even know about his life outside of his posts on Jazzfanz?

I nominate that the weirdest post of the thread. Hopping Thriller's life gets better because he doesn't like Trump.

lol you hope his life gets better?

What's wrong with his life right now? What do you even know about his life outside of his posts on Jazzfanz?

I nominate that the weirdest post of the thread. Hopping Thriller's life gets better because he doesn't like Trump.
The logic goes something like this

My life is very good > that means Trump can't be that bad > Thriller thinks Trump is bad > His life must not be very good.

Your understanding of history appears to be very limited.
So you think Trump is the same as the rest?

I will wait for you to peruse history and find me the previous president that was a reality TV star with a bad tan and comical hair.
Trump ain't samesies bruh.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Lol as if quality of ones life is the only possible reason to not like trump.

I didn't like Trump when he was getting joy out of saying "you're fired" on TV.

My life isn't crappy. You are a fool if you think everyone who hates Trump has a crappy life or everyone who hated Obama had a crappy life at the time.
What a foolish thing to believe.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

That's getting less and less common and it's something the Heathme, NPC, Jazzrule and Eenie-Meenie will not do, not at all. They will at best deflect by claiming that liberals also do the horrible things their favorite politicians do. That is the most sophisticated argument you'll get out of them.

Well, for Eenie-Meenie it's more conservatives and corporations than liberals, but I fully agree otherwise.

And, wait, you know that @The Thriller has you blocked? Seriously, dude, this is next level creepy.

I would agree if the point of the original post were to attack The Thriller. From what I can tell, the point was for Stoked to engage in a sanity check; was he really the only person who felt that way?

Ultimately, the core of Trump voters feel like there is literally no difference to how Trump is being treated now, and how Mitt Romney would have been treated had he won the election. They feel like there has never been a payoff or advantage in "playing by the rules."

Politicians of all political stripes get hit hard, but Romney was never treated like Trump.

The left perfected "Alinskyism" over the past few decades. Personally, I hate everything about it. I'm not going to feel bad, however, when the people who perfected it, get it returned to them good and hard. It's a failing in me, I suppose.

Politics has always been hardball. Still, it's pretty damn ironic and un-self-aware that the procedural inheritors of the Gingrich are complaining about the tactics of others.

Nobody asked if you hate Thriller or not.

I do think it's kind of funny that after conservatives called anyone who disagreed with them snowflakes, they now look for anything they can to be offended by.

It's edgy to disagree with a podcaster?

I just don't get why you have to bring him up every chance you get. I mean, it was pretty random to bring him up in this thread.

I recommend listening to his podcast he just did with Neil Degrasse Tyson and Dan Aykroyd. Then again, you probably disagree with them too.

Rogan sucks, right?

I just don't get why you have to bring him up every chance you get. I mean, it was pretty random to bring him up in this thread.

I recommend listening to his podcast he just did with Neil Degrasse Tyson and Dan Aykroyd. Then again, you probably disagree with them too.

Rogan sucks, right?

Perhaps the take away shouldn't be that I'm obsessed with Rogan, but that the only thing that makes you memorable is leaning on an argument made by him/his show?