What's new

Coronavirus

Where specifically?

Ocean Grove - figured there's rarely any kids there. And I was right - it was packed with older folks.

The walk and all the businesses off Asbury Park were closed as you would expect. But the boardwalk and beach near the residential area were open. My wife and I got there are 11 - when we left at 12 there were literally a couple hundred people on the walk and the beach.

Ocean Grove - figured there's rarely any kids there. And I was right - it was packed with older folks.

The walk and all the businesses off Asbury Park were closed as you would expect. But the boardwalk and beach near the residential area were open. My wife and I got there are 11 - when we left at 12 there were literally a couple hundred people on the walk and the beach.

Ugh.

I had guessed Belmar.

Belarus in it's 2nd day of not reporting updates on COVID-19 infections and deaths.

I mean... wow.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/belarus/

Saunas, vodka, and sport must have really worked!
I miss a good russian style sauna :-(. All the public saunas are closed in Estonia and i had last session on the first week of March. Hard to prove and hard to make a proper scientific research but once a week sauna without vodka but with some light beers really makes you feel better. Skin is smooth, sleep is better etc. Would be interested to know whether there are any cases where somebody got a Covid virus from somebody who was nearby him in the same sauna area.

Yeah but you don't see 40,000 deaths anywhere else in the world.
Italy and Spain combine for being 1/3 our population but have >40k deaths. If you don’t like that combo, France and the UK has 40% our population and 36k deaths.

Yeah Italy's not a great benchmark to compare yourself to.
The U.S. had a slow initial response and MANY people here aren't taking this particularly seriously.

That said, so far this has not been a disaster. Yes, it is a pandemic and it is killing people. But it has not overwhelmed any U.S. city outside of NYC and even there it hasn't been as bad as I think many of us imagined this was going to be.

Also, seems like this levels off sooner than we were expecting a month or so ago.

I think there are many undiagnosed cases where people are showing no symptoms.

It's going to take a long time to really understand what happened with this yet we have to respond to it with none of that understanding.

Obviously it's not over. With the resistance to the shut-down we're seeing either warmer weather is going to help or we're about to have a very large second wave.

Stand by to stand by.

This is amazing. I love how these tea baggers are being exposed for the fools that they are. This isn’t going to work out like it did in 2010.

These protesters are spitting in face of these health care workers TRYING TO SAVE THEIR LIVES. Kind of a MAGA trend.

No responsibility taken, self-centered, unsympathetic, and just plain dumb.

So disrespectful. These nurses should taking care of sick people, not these morons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if you’re asking that genuinely or trying to play into the routine. Since I can’t find a good or relevant acronym for WHAT, I’ll cede that I’ve ruined the humor if it’s the latter.

I miss a good russian style sauna :-(. All the public saunas are closed in Estonia and i had last session on the first week of March. Hard to prove and hard to make a proper scientific research but once a week sauna without vodka but with some light beers really makes you feel better. Skin is smooth, sleep is better etc. Would be interested to know whether there are any cases where somebody got a Covid virus from somebody who was nearby him in the same sauna area.
My brother-in-law has a banya. He uses it religiously. It's always fun to participate when our family goes there for dinner.

BTW, looks like Belarus' not posting cases was cuz they were too busy playing hockey.
Today's numbers include almost 1,500 new cases... 133% of what it was two days ago.
Yep - going exponential!