What's new

Coronavirus

Meanwhile, there’s a huge family party two houses down from me with about ten cars lining the street. About 25 - 30 idiots in the backyard with no masks and losing sobriety quickly.

Just your average Thursday night in SoJo.
Pretty funny **** since most of the secondary schools in that district are going remote. Adults refusing to adult is costing our children their education and future.

Pretty funny **** since most of the secondary schools in that district are going remote. Adults refusing to adult is costing our children their education and future.

I doubt online only for JSD is going to be only two weeks. Our ceiling seems to be unknown right now and things aren’t going to magically improve.

Reactions: Red
This is such a bad bad bad idea. What a terrible example. Someone with half a brain explain to Pelosi why this is awful:

Bad look for sure. But right now I can go to a restaurant and sit that close to other people.

this sucks.

At this point, what is the PAC 12 even getting out of all of this? If I'm an athlete with a NFL future, I'm just preparing for the draft. Why risk getting injured for what? 4 or 5 more games?

Penei Sewell from Oregon made the right call by skipping the season. He’ll be the first non-QB off the board.

Around post 4,100 (page 205) a bunch of ******* Trumpers were again for the 10 millionth time this year, attacking the more liberal and science believing posters and calling the forecasting by experts as “alarmist.” And for what seems like the 10 millionth time, they were proven wrong. WHAT A SHOCK!

Threads:

And some local information that we should all be aware of:

We are already at 250,000 dead with cases exploding and ICUs already at capacity. Easily we can see the deaths explode over the next few months unless drastic measures are done. Suddenly those expert views of 350,000+ dead by inauguration aren’t so far off now, are they?

It’s almost like this anti-intellectual anti-expert anti-science movement isn’t heatlhy. Was @magic part of this protest?

I don’t bring these things up to boast really. But it should cause some of you to ****ing reflect. ****ing reflect for once in your lives. When you’re at odds with experts and science, you’re going to be wrong the majority of the time. It doesn’t mean experts are perfect. But we’ve got to stop being so stubborn in believing in science. Abolish this fake “tough guy” attitude. Listen and reflect more and “ownthelibs” less. After all, our ICUs are ****ed for the foreseeable future and people are going to die who shouldn’t. All because you don’t think this virus exists. Or because you think others are being alarmist:

Last edited:
My tiny experience.

2 weeks ago, 30.10 a classmate of my daughter stayed some hours at our home (60 m2 apartment) after school with my daughter and wife. When i arrived i basically said hello and good bye and the classmate left.
On monday morning 2.11, the mother of the classmate called and told that her daughter got positive test and mild symptoms (on friday she do not had any visible symptoms). It seems she got it week ago in sunday bible school at the church, where the teacher had probably also non-tested COVID at that time.
Wife called our family doctor, she told us to stay home. Although my close contact was about less than 5 minutes, i stayed at home. Of course, the teacher sent my daughter and other classmates also to home.
On monday, 9.11 we our family did the tests, all were negative. At the moment all the other classmates too (minus the original positive one).
So it seems, that on right conditions something else is needed to infect somebody, if 5 days at school and 2 hours at home with pretty close contact is not enough.

How the hell are Democrats supposed to pass a covid relief bill when the president is spouting off nonsense and Republican senators are enabling him? Again, what’s stopping the senate right now from passing a covid relief bill???

How the hell are Democrats supposed to pass a covid relief bill when the president is spouting off nonsense and Republican senators are enabling him? Again, what’s stopping the senate right now from passing a covid relief bill???
My understanding is that there is only a small fraction of the total amount that would go directly to taxpayers. The rest is earmarked for some very specific industries and areas, and is quite unfairly distributed. As you know, that could be a bad thing.

The situation requires both parties to do the right thing I don’t blame Republican lawmakers for trying to be responsible - even if it is extraordinarily hypocritical, given the last 4 years.

My understanding is that there is only a small fraction of the total amount that would go directly to taxpayers. The rest is earmarked for some very specific industries and areas, and is quite unfairly distributed. As you know, that could be a bad thing.

The situation requires both parties to do the right thing I don’t blame Republican lawmakers for trying to be responsible - even if it is extraordinarily hypocritical, given the last 4 years.
They’re not being responsible. When have republicans ever passed a chance to funnel money to corporations?

They’re not even meeting and Trump just left to play golf. Republicans are going onto Fox News to spout off conspiracies to appease Orange god and keep the base in Georgia angry and engaged for the Senate runoffs in January. Mitch isn’t looking to help Biden’s presidency. That’s a problem.

The House passed its covid relief bill back in May.