What's new

Coronavirus

i'm involved with our infectious disease protocols at work, while I don't have any direct contact with the coronavirus patients I oversee the decontamination work and transport them throughout the hospital, while catching it myself really doesn't concern me, I do care for my parents who would be at very high risk if they caught it. So it is concerning, depends on your circumstances really. the panic is a bit nuts tho.
I am going to spring training to drive around a team for a few weeks. The flu is going around there. Yu Darvish was just hospitalized for fear of Coronavirus. I'm not afraid to be infected by it but it would devastate me to bring it back home and infect my family.

The "lack of testing" debacle:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/06/poli...nce-donald-trump-politics-congress/index.html

(CNN)A political storm over confusion and delays in coronavirus testing will only intensify after President Donald Trump canceled a trip to the agency responsible for problems that are hampering a full accounting of the disease's spread into 19 states.

Trump will no longer visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday. The White House says that he didn't want to distract from the CDC's work but the cancellation coincides with growing scrutiny of the administration's failure to get millions of virus testing kits quickly out to the states.

A fault with an early batch of CDC testing kits limited testing capacity from the start and officials in states and cities are sounding the alarm that they lack the capacity for mass diagnosis as the virus spreads, even as the White House strives to ratchet up production of new tests.

The issue of test kits, along with a building crisis in the travel industry is becoming the focus of widening political pressure on the White House and is contradicting President Donald Trump's glowing new self assessments of a seamless virus management effort.

I am going to spring training to drive around a team for a few weeks. The flu is going around there. Yu Darvish was just hospitalized for fear of Coronavirus. I'm not afraid to be infected by it but it would devastate me to bring it back home and infect my family.

Bring lots of hand sanitizer, and use it liberally.

I'm going to just drink it. Couple bottles a day oughta do it.

Adding orange juice makes it drinkable, its called an ED sunrise, at least thats what the Alcos who steal it from Emergency do. We had a couple of regulars we used to have to search before we kicked em out cause they were notorious for stealing two or three bottle of the stuff, after every admission.

He was a passenger on the Princess of Death cruise ship. The place that's screwed right now is Seattle.
I figure it's gone be everywhere eventually no matter what we do.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

17 deaths in the States now. I wonder how far up it'll go. Hopefully not too much. China is blaming the outbreak on the US. lol Damn Commies like to blame others for their problems and failures.

Perhaps Trump could order Pence to have the cruise ship moved to international waters, so none of the cases will be included in the stats of Americans with the virus:

Trump says he wants passengers to stay on cruise: "I don't need the numbers to double"
To recap what just happened at this Trump CDC press conference on coronavirus:

• The president wore his re-election campaign hat and interrupted the event to ask a Fox News reporter if his town hall on the network had good ratings.
  • He attacked CNN.
  • He called the governor of Washington state, the epicenter of a major outbreak, a “snake” and “not a good governor”, and said he disagreed with his own vice president saying nice things about the governor while visiting the state.
  • Trump said he has not considered canceling his rallies and is not worried about risks.
  • He made false and exaggerated claims about the availability of coronavirus tests, ignoring the reality that his vice president has acknowledged, which is that there is a shortage among US healthcare providers right now.
  • He said he would prefer if people on the Grand Princess cruise remained on the ship so that US numbers would not go up.
  • He gloated about his “natural ability” to understand the epidemic.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...087df56e4c3e0e#block-5e62d5918f087df56e4c3e0e

Slowing it down improves our ability to prepare and respond.
There are a finite number of hospital beds- S Korea for example has run out of them and from a quick Google search appears to have five times as many beds per capita than the US does. I found a thread on twitter where someone did the math based on a conservative estimate of the number of infected and we're likely to run out of beds by the middle of May.

Edit- here it is

The more time we gain from slowing this down the better.

Last edited: