What's new

Coronavirus

Delta Plus baby!

Yes, it’s already been found in India, USA, UK, Portugal, Switzerland, Japan, Poland, Nepal, Russia and China.

Delta and statements from people like Fauci do have an effect on people…..

There is a reason the Provincetown, Massachusetts outbreak happened and why it is an outlier. Media is extremely reluctant to provide the important detail. I’m not even comfortable bringing it up for how it can be misconstrued because I sincerely don’t intend anything negative toward those who would attend this type of party.

The vaccines do not have 100% efficacy. They help your immune system but they aren’t magic. If you are indoors, packed together like sardines, dancing so as to get you breathing harder while face to face with people you don’t know during a pandemic spike, you’re asking a lot from the vaccine. This is the Tea Dance at the Boatslip in Provincetown where the outbreak happened:
TeaDance.jpg

One interesting thing I found in the data from the outbreak was that those who received the J&J vaccine were over represented in breakthrough cases. In the area only 7% of the population had received the J&J vaccine, but 14% of the breakthrough cases where J&J vaccine recipients. I think one of the important takeaways here is that most party goers were vaccinated and zero of them died. Even in doing practically everything to spread COVID, the vaccines still had a 100% rate of keeping people from dying. That doesn't shake my confidence in the vaccines at all. It makes me feel pretty good about it, but I would push people toward the mRNA vaccines.
It also rained that long weekend in P-Town, indoor venues were more crowded as a result. Most were indeed vaccinated, and probably feeling safe. P-Town is one of the biggest summer party towns in the Northeast. It’s been a destination for the LGBTQ community for decades…

There is a reason the Provincetown, Massachusetts outbreak happened and why it is an outlier. Media is extremely reluctant to provide the important detail. I’m not even comfortable bringing it up for how it can be misconstrued because I sincerely don’t intend anything negative toward those who would attend this type of party.
Since it’s not that far from where I live, (although still a few hours this time of year, given the insane Cape Cod summer traffic, I won’t go near the Cape in the summer, it can take 2 hours to get over the Bourne Bridge just to get onto the Cape), I picked up on the news regarding P-Town early. I read articles that did not shy away from this at all. It’s possible some did not mention it simply because P-Town as a year round destination for the LGBTQ community is pretty well known.

#misinformation

Tabloid will love this!

“So we have to get more people vaccinated. I said, well over — what’s the number again, I have to remind myself — 350 million Americans have already been vaccinated. They’re doing fine,”

-Biden

Booster time!!! Again... Then again...then again...then again.
We can only hope that our scientists and medical experts can continue to come up with things to help keep us healthy.
You see this as something to criticize and make fun of.
I see it as something that makes me proud to be an American and have access to things like these vaccines that much of the rest of the world can't get but would love to have.

We can only hope that our scientists and medical experts can continue to come up with things to help keep us healthy.
You see this as something to criticize and make fun of.
I see it as something that makes me proud to be an American and have access to things like these vaccines that much of the rest of the world can't get but would love to have.
Our "health professionals" are one of the leading causes of death in America. These health professionals charge a person hundreds of dollars for 15 minutes of work. These health professionals charge astronomical rates for a life saving pill or shot that cost pennies. How many people have Johnson and Johnson, pzifer, moderns killed with astronomical prices for very basic drugs like insulin?

I hate to say it but I actually agree with Qhiller on something but I'm not sure socialized medicine is the answer.

It's not a joke... It's quite head scratching that people don't question our "medical professionals" more and question why our system is so ****ed up.

Last edited:
Our "health professionals" are one of the leading causes of death in America. These health professionals charge a person hundreds of dollars for 15 minutes of work. These health professionals charge astronomical rates for a life saving pill or shot that cost pennies. How many people have Johnson and Johnson, pzifer, moderns killed with astronomical prices for very basic drugs like insulin?

I hate to say it but I actually agree with Qhiller on something but I'm not sure socialized medicine is the answer.

It's not a joke... It's quite head scratching that people don't question our "medical professionals" more and question why our system is so ****ed up.
Again, you can go ahead and criticize our best and brightest minds for creating the vaccines.
I applaud their efforts to save lives and try to keep us healthier. I'm proud of those who created and continue to create the vaccines.

Again, you can go ahead and criticize our best and brightest minds for creating the vaccines.
I applaud their efforts to save lives and try to keep us healthier. I'm proud of those who created and continue to create the vaccines.
There are definitely marvels in medicine and science no doubt but I'll continue to criticize while recognizing that the medical field is far from perfect (check the first American Polio Vaccine) and you can continue to get your third shot in a year because of the first two lacking future effectiveness. My own immune system can do that.

There are definitely marvels in medicine and science no doubt but I'll continue to criticize while recognizing that the medical field is far from perfect (check the first American Polio Vaccine) and you can continue to get your third shot in a year because of the first two lacking future effectiveness. My own immune system can do that.
We agree that the medical field isn't perfect. Of course you didn't bring up the medical field in the first post of yours I quoted so that isn't what I was discussing. You brought up the booster shot of the vaccine so thats what I was discussing. Im glad a booster shot will be available to continue to help keep me healthy.
I see the people who develop these vaccines as intelligent hard working people who are trying to create something to help our society be healthier and happier. I think thats cool. You think its a joke or something I guess from what I can get out of your posts.
And thats fine. We can agree to disagree. Im not trying to change your mind and I know I cant. Just like I dont think you are trying to change my mind and we both know you cant. This is just another thing (like most) that we see differently.

So, explain to me how literally releasing infected immigrants into our community and bussing and flying infected all across the country is not an impeachable offense? How can you possibly talk about "respect for the people who develop vaccines" yet stay silent when your president is literally, factually, releasing infected into communities?

There are people coming from all across the entire globe that he's letting in with open doors...how many variants has his policy let in? How is this protecting any single one of us?

So, explain to me how literally releasing infected immigrants into our community and bussing and flying infected all across the country is not an impeachable offense? How can you possibly talk about "respect for the people who develop vaccines" yet stay silent when your president is literally, factually, releasing infected into communities?

There are people coming from all across the entire globe that he's letting in with open doors...how many variants has his policy let in? How is this protecting any single one of us?
I wish those people weren't crossing the border.
I want Biden to stop them.
Stupid Biden is an idiot though.

Truly one of our nation’s leading intellectuals. I hope she’s elected president someday. In a mass democracy like ours, the cream rises to the top…
Yup. In the democracy so many people claim they want, what rises to the top are those able to best work a room. In that clip, MTG was working the room. If you've seen Trump rallies you know that guy knows how to work a room. If you've seen old videos of Hitler then you've seen how good he was at working a room. In our constitutional republic we have (had?) some built in safeguards to prevent the Hitlers. I will keep warning of the dangers of democracy even though I know I get demonized for it and will ultimately lose as a Hitler/Mao/Mussolini/Stalin rides a populist wave into office, but I hope to hold it off as long as possible. Keep the Electoral College in place.

Reactions: Red

You're conflating a number of issues here. The amount of money physicians accrue is 15% of healthcare expenditures. The 15 minutes of work you're seeing is just the work you're seeing. Only about 1/3 of the time that a physician spends on a patient is actually with the patient. Often much less. In any case, it's not necessarily the time you're paying for but the experience. A good surgeon can do a cholecystectomy in under 10 minutes. Is it the time you want to be paying for?

1628350233729.png

And the reasons healthcare costs have ballooned so much may have more to do with this chart. This is through 2009 but it's only gotten worse:

1628350606148.png

Now people may agree with the problem highlighted in the chart above, but understand that the growth of administrators is in large part a result of more and more regulation that's well-intended but in total countertherapeutic. Every time the public gets mad about something and vow to put in place policies to make sure "______ never happens again," the above chart continues to distort.

Second, you mentioned 'healthcare professionals charging astronomical rates for a lifesaving pill or shot.' The "healthcare providers" don't sell these or set the fees on them. They may prescribe them, but that transaction is independent of the "healthcare provider." Maybe you have some legitimate concerns here, but you've amalgamated everyone/thing together here.

Third, you mention "health professionals" as being a large cause of death in the United States. This is true. But it's also a bit distorted. LeBron James has more turnovers in NBA finals history than any other player. Why? Is it because he's really bad with turnovers? Or is it because he's really good, gets his team to the finals, and handles the ball a lot? This is why a lot of policies are bad when they're trying to link reimbursement to outcomes. It means people will not want to take on riskier cases and patients. A cardiologist who specializes in advanced heart failure is going to have significantly worse outcomes than an old cardiologist in an outpatient clinic prescribing statins. I think most people realize this. I think the unfortunate part of this is that it creates a blind spot, where we end up viewing this as black and white and fail to recognize or understand situations in which that become really problematic where we're imposing a lot of iatrogenic (healthcare caused) issues but we easily dismiss this because "experts" and the kinds of justifications above that I can provide.

An overwhelming dose of agnosticism is called for, and there's a significant shortage of this on any of the many sides of these issues. The bottom line is that we know far, far less than we think we do, and we don't know enough about our own ignorance to even know it's there.

Many of the people JR is talking about are right here in this thread.
It's undeniable now, vaccinated people are spreading the virus as well as un-vaccinated people. Those of you that were quick to pump yourself or your loved ones full of the vax, were told a lie.

NSFW Language