What's new

Coronavirus

Weird. I wonder why those “lab leak” theorists from a few days ago didn’t report this? After all, we want to get down to the truth of this, right?
View attachment 14042

Doesn’t look like this was the truth…

“Of the 14 raccoon dog samples studied, 13 had no Covid-19 at all, while one had just one fragment of virus per 200 million fragments of animal DNA.

In contrast, the virus was found in greater quantities mixed with human DNA, as well as species such as largemouth bass, catfish, cow, carp, and snakehead fish, none of which could pass the virus to humans.

The team concluded there was actually a “negative correlation” between Covid-19 and raccoon dog DNA.”

Raccoon dogs were considered a likely candidate because they are known to be susceptible to the virus, yet no DNA linking the animal to Covid-19 had ever been found.”

it's hard to fathom the stupidity and ignorance of some here particularly those who vouched that if only everyone took the vaccine the pandemic would end, called Ivermectin a "horsewormer" despite it being one of the most safe drugs in medical history, bent over backwards with weird raccoon or bat theories of the origin of Covid and completely false claims against natural immunity vs this unfounded "hybrid immunity" garbage.

The sad fact is so many of you are driven by fear and emotion and the subsequent narratives. And are completely incapable of seeing beyond your own broken deeply corrupted health system which is geared towards getting as many of you onto medication and keeping you on it for as long as possible. So many other countries have realised their mistakes with Covid vaccines and have stopped their use and many quietly pretending it didnt happen. Most countries acknowledge the risk of myocarditis from mRna shots, this farcical writeup is comical.

The United States is a ****ing mess, the pharmaceutical companies have corrupted your system and hold so much power. Your other problem is that you such staggering levels of ill health, atrocious diets, obesity and being vulnerable to conditions like Covid. And yet some of you here still so vehemently are brainwashed and existing in your little echo chambers regarding the pandemic narrative even now despite so much being shown to not be accurate And all you can do is hysterically go the "anti-vaxxer" and make ludicrous claims. Pathetic.

Good health to you all

That feeling when you ignored a poster at the leading edge of their decent into stupidity...

it's hard to fathom the stupidity and ignorance of some here particularly those who vouched that if only everyone took the vaccine the pandemic would end, called Ivermectin a "horsewormer" despite it being one of the most safe drugs in medical history…
People do depend on medical authority, expertise, etc. What do you expect, that everyone turn to tea leaves, palm reading, or psychic healers to figure out their next move? You act like people are stupid because they are not all virologists or practicing M.D.’s.

The sad fact is so many of you are driven by fear and emotion and the subsequent narratives.
Maybe you’re simply projecting your own emotional response onto others…

it's hard to fathom the stupidity and ignorance of some here particularly those who vouched that if only everyone took the vaccine the pandemic would end,
Who was that? Corona viruses are well-known for adaptability.

called Ivermectin a "horsewormer" despite it being one of the most safe drugs in medical history,
You are aware that there are different preparations for humans and horses, and people were taking the horse version (many still are). Also, you know that ivermectin is useless against covid. So, what's your real complaint here?

bent over backwards with weird raccoon or bat theories of the origin of Covid and completely false claims against natural immunity vs this unfounded "hybrid immunity" garbage.
You know as well as I do that immunity improves after vaccination, even if you already had covid.

So many other countries have realised their mistakes with Covid vaccines and have stopped their use and many quietly pretending it didnt happen.
Hyperbole and outright lies.

The United States is a ****ing mess, the pharmaceutical companies have corrupted your system and hold so much power. Your other problem is that you such staggering levels of ill health, atrocious diets, obesity and being vulnerable to conditions like Covid.
True.

... existing in your little echo chambers ...
That's difficult to take seriously coming from the guy defending ivermectin use for covid.

Good health to you all
Thanks. You too.

Reactions: Red
People do depend on medical authority, expertise, etc. What do you expect, that everyone turn to tea leaves, palm reading, or psychic healers to figure out their next move? You act like people are stupid because they are not all virologists or practicing M.D.’s.

Maybe you’re simply projecting your own emotional response onto others…
No kidding! The insecurity and resentment are dripping with each and every post.

David Frum tweeted out something years ago that applies:

View: https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1452549909169778689?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

When your entire identity is melded to being contrarian, you’ll do and say anything rather than admit that you were wrong and the other side that you hated was right. Even if it means arguing the dumbest things. You know what’s awesome about the Covid vaccine? I get all the benefits of getting Covid without any of the downsides. Amazing how these vaccine thingies work! Wish we could develop more of them for more diseases. That way, we won’t get sick and if we do, it’ll be a less severe case. What a concept!

Reactions: Red
It's astonishing how much more intelligent I am than the dorks here that said the virus came from a pangolin, a bat, or...get this...how astonishingly stupid.... A racoon dog lololol. The complete and utter lack of any sort of intelligence or even an ounce of common sense by some. It's truly embarrassing that I gave you Qanon freaks so much time just for you to blame a... racoon dog. Duuuumb lolol. Onebrow please don't even respond. It's insulting... Truly insulting...

This is the UK Times. This isnt just some random publication.

What really went on inside the Wuhan lab weeks before Covid erupted​

Fresh evidence drawn from confidential files reveals Chinese scientists spliced together deadly pathogens shortly before the pandemic, the Sunday Times Insight team report​

View: https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1667593646026178562?s=20

Crazy thing is... @Gameface wants to put me in jail(I'm guessing internment camps) for being pointing this out. He literally says I deserve to die for educating him. This boards lust for blood and death makes it hard to come by anymore.

Last edited:

Fresh evidence drawn from confidential files reveals Chinese scientists spliced together deadly pathogens shortly before the pandemic, the Sunday Times Insight team report​

That was happening at labs all over the world, and still is. Unless you can connect those experiments to Covid19, it's worth very little as evidence.

Again, this is a virus that has been completely sequenced, and shows none of the usual signs of being manufactured.

Crazy thing is... @Gameface wants to put me in jail(I'm guessing internment camps) for being pointing this out. He literally says I deserve to die for educating him. This boards lust for blood and death makes it hard to come by anymore.
It's almost as if you are sexually aroused by pretending to persecuted.

A bombshell just dropped on COVID origins.

Previously the American Intelligence Agencies had announced that COVID originated from a Wuhan lab leak. Here is Christopher Wray as the head of the FBI making that claim about four months ago: https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/28/politics/wray-fbi-covid-origins-lab-china/index.html

...and a published announcement from the Director of National Intelligence from around the same time also concluding that the source of the COVID outbreak was a leak from the lab in Wuhan: https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/docu...Summary-of-Assessment-on-COVID-19-Origins.pdf

We now know what the American Intelligence Agencies based their conclusions on. No only do they know COVID was made in that lab, but they also know exactly who was infected as patient zero in that lab. They know the identities of the first three people who got COVID and all of them work at the lab.

A bombshell just dropped on COVID origins.

Previously the American Intelligence Agencies had announced that COVID originated from a Wuhan lab leak. Here is Christopher Wray as the head of the FBI making that claim about four months ago: https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/28/politics/wray-fbi-covid-origins-lab-china/index.html
The assessment has "moderate confidence", something like a 3-out-of-4 guess.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/28/politics/wray-fbi-covid-origins-lab-china/index.html
...and a published announcement from the Director of National Intelligence from around the same time also concluding that the source of the COVID outbreak was a leak from the lab in Wuhan: https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/docu...Summary-of-Assessment-on-COVID-19-Origins.pdf
Most agencies also assess with low confidence that SARS-CoV-2 probably was not genetically engineered; however, two agencies believe there was not sufficient evidence to make an assessment either way.
The document you linked to disagrees with your statements.

We now know what the American Intelligence Agencies based their conclusions on.
Shellenberger, Taibbi, and Gutentag are not reliable reporters; they too often place agenda over data. They could be right here, but their story influences my opinion not at all.

When a source was asked how certain they were that these were the identities of the three WIV scientists who developed symptoms consistent with COVID-19 in the fall of 2019, we were told, “100%”
Laughable.

Next week, the Directorate of National Intelligence is expected to release previously classified material, which may include the names of the three WIV scientists who were the likely among the first to be sickened by SARS-CoV-2.
I guess we'll see.

The CDC is a joke. Your health regulatory bodies and medical systems are completely captured by financial interests of drug companies. Nobody can possibly argue this. You’re one of only 3 countries that allow drug companies to advertise. The drug companies have the most horrific records of deceit and corrupt processes geared purely toward maximising profits.

The more regulation and control and evolution of drug company control of your health system, the larger the proportion of Americans are chronically ill and condemned to a lifetime of multiple medications and poor health.

many many countries are recommending against Covid vaccination for people under 50years of age.
As, no vaccinations at all? Which countries?

Any thoughts on the Cleveland Clinic study showing the more Covid vaccine doses you have the more times you'll get Covid ?

Simpson's paradox. From the paper:
Risk of COVID-19 by vaccination status was also compared using multivariable Cox proportional hazards regression adjusting for propensity to get tested for COVID-19, age, sex, and phase of most recent prior SARS-CoV-2 infection.
Not by job duties? There is no accounting for between the biller who sits in a building/floor where there are no patients and a nurse who has to put their hands on patients with covid? The nurse is much more likely to get the extra vaccination, and much more likely to get covid despite it. Perhaps it's on a preprint server because it can't be published without rectifying this flaw.

The US had 4 % of the worlds population and sadly suffered 16 % of the worlds Covid fatalities.
The CDC is a joke. Your health regulatory bodies and medical systems are completely captured by financial interests of drug companies. Nobody can possibly argue this. You’re one of only 3 countries that allow drug companies to advertise. The drug companies have the most horrific records of deceit and corrupt processes geared purely toward maximising profits.
All true.

The more regulation and control and evolution of drug company control of your health system, the larger the proportion of Americans are chronically ill and condemned to a lifetime of multiple medications and poor health.
American choices in diet are probably a larger factor. Where else in the world can you easily get a single item that has all your daily recommended calories in a restaurant?

American choices in diet are probably a larger factor. Where else in the world can you easily get a single item that has all your daily recommended calories in a restaurant?
Pretty much every developed nation. McDonald's is worldwide, for example. We ate at a lot of great restaurants in England and Germany and France.

But as you said at the beginning, it is American choices driving the issue. Availability isn't as big an issues as societal pressures and norms. In Germany there is no demand for giant soft drinks, so lots of places just don't offer them, including McDonald's. Even at things like church gatherings with food and other places where you can get "all you can eat", we were always the ones with our plates full, and getting multiple plates, and everyone else had a few bites from a few things. There is also a much higher impetus on living a less sedentary life in most other developed nations. We walked all over the place in Germany, it was the thing to do. The scandanavian countries are famous for the highest percentage of people who don't even own cars and bike or walk everywhere, even in winter. In America we have developed a society where fast food is the norm, cooking seems like a novelty, and we see it also in the prices in grocery stores. In Germany we were shocked how much cheaper produce was than in America. Here it is always the lion's share of our food budget as it is so expensive, which puts the poor at a severe disadvantage for getting good food. It is as cheap to feed a family of 6 at McDonald's as to buy produce or good foods. And much easier. And Americans are all about doing whatever feels easiest to us. This is a societal problem much more than one of simple availability. The availability of such food here really just reflects demand. As you said, it is what we choose.

I manage people and have regular contact with a lot of people (as many as 300 in my facilities during 2020), so I got every shot I could, and I had COVID once. My wife doesn't work outside the home, but she also stayed up to date with me. She got COVID...exactly once. But several of our supervisors, with daily contact with groups of between 30-50 people, also stayed mostly up to date, but many of them came down with COVID several times. The more times you roll the dice...
When combined with population percentage differences, that's the essence of Simpson's paradox that I mentioned above.

One big issue with studies like this is the fact that an unknown number of these people already had had covid in the past and hence had some level, of natural immunity. No way to control for that.
Perhaps they didn't have access to those comorbidities. Perhaps the comorbidities brought the results under statistical significance (there's a lot of p-hacking out there).

That was the point of this study. They weren't controlling for it because it was the question they wanted answered. This study compared the immunity from natural immunity to the immunity derived from Pfizer. The conclusion was that natural immunity has a statistical edge over Pfizer-brand immunity.
Did you read the study summary? The study groups were up-to-date and not up-to-date, no consideration of prior covid status was mentioned.

Last edited:
But they didn't know who had previously had it. That's the problem. Some could have been asymptomatic. Others just didn't know. It didn't say they did antibody tests on everyone to see if they had had it before. It's a rough study at best.
I haven't seen the details, but it has the hallmarks of a study based on data from EHR with no participation by the people being studied.

I haven't seen the details, but it has the hallmarks of a study based on data from EHR with no participation by the people being studied.
I read a bit more about it and they did get participants to provide some information but they fully acknowledged that they didn't know anything about their infection status beforehand. It's more of a meta-analysis of a readily available population they could easily keep tabs on. So even with that it was tainted.

Interesting outcomes but more along the lines of the fact that at one point in the 80's Ogden Utah had more murders than Chicago. Of course it was in a limited time frame and was talking about murders per capita. This doesn't feel a lot different.