• This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Coronavirus

Avery

The Texas/Florida blurb I mentioned above was from the CDC data from the last week mentioned in the WH press briefing. The worldmeter data did show the active cases were as you described so thank you for providing receipts for that vs. simply spitballing.

My preference for tracking these as actually been the NYT. Visually, I find their page easy to navigate and view to understand hot spots and trends.

It's unfortunate that our politicians and liberal/conservative mouthpieces continue to politicize the virus to whatever end. Public health is a shared issue regardless of a person's party affiliation or lack thereof.

I understand a person not wanting to get a shot as it's your call and your temple - I also understand that the science and statistics behind and general lack of breakthrough hospitalizations and deaths cannot be ignored as an effective mitigation tactic to achieve a true endgame.

Avery

I can explain the science behind the vaccine. Your own immune system isn't worthless. It isn't the vaccine that fights off COVID. It is your immune system.

I'm sure you've seen this a million times by now. It is a depiction of a SARS-CoV-2 virus.
COVID.jpg

The red triangular growths all over the outside of the ball are called "S-Spike" proteins. The mRNA vaccines (Moderna and Pfizer) are just those S-Spike proteins without any other part of the virus.
COVID-spike.jpg

That is all the vaccine is. It is just this one piece of the virus. Because these are all over the outside of the real virus, if your immune system learns to recognize these then it can recognize the real virus. The idea of the vaccine is to inject these pieces that can't do anything by themselves and give your immune system time to learn what these look like without any risk of these infecting you. From there it is all the job of your immune system.

The vaccine doesn't fight the infection at all. The vaccine is like flooding your body with wanted posters so that your immune system is faster to recognize the invader. It is not a guarantee that SARS-CoV-2 can't possibly replicate in your body but it will absolutely 100% make your body's immune system mount a faster and stronger defense than if your immune system were going in to the fight completely blind.
I don't like double-posting one right after the other, but this is a great post and I love the wanted poster analogy - nice work.

JazzyFresh

Banned
I can explain the science behind the vaccine. Your own immune system isn't worthless. It isn't the vaccine that fights off COVID. It is your immune system.

I'm sure you've seen this a million times by now. It is a depiction of a SARS-CoV-2 virus.
COVID.jpg

The red triangular growths all over the outside of the ball are called "S-Spike" proteins. The mRNA vaccines (Moderna and Pfizer) are just those S-Spike proteins without any other part of the virus.
COVID-spike.jpg

That is all the vaccine is. It is just this one piece of the virus. Because these are all over the outside of the real virus, if your immune system learns to recognize these then it can recognize the real virus. The idea of the vaccine is to inject these pieces that can't do anything by themselves and give your immune system time to learn what these look like without any risk of these infecting you. From there it is all the job of your immune system.

The vaccine doesn't fight the infection at all. The vaccine is like flooding your body with wanted posters so that your immune system is faster to recognize the invader. It is not a guarantee that SARS-CoV-2 can't possibly replicate in your body but it will absolutely 100% make your body's immune system mount a faster and stronger defense than if your immune system were going in to the fight completely blind.
Will respond when not insanely busy

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner

COVID.jpg

COVID-spike.jpg

Thanks for this post. Very informative and dumbed down enough for the normal person (like myself) to understand.

JazzyFresh

Banned

COVID.jpg

COVID-spike.jpg

Ok..

a) explain why the more people are getting vaccinated the more people are getting sick. Does the vaccine not help the spread at all? Fauci is now saying we will have 200,000 cases a day soon.

B) if the vaccine doesn't help the spread, when will this ever end?

C) cases declined rapidly until people started getting vaccinated. The more people that get vaccinated, the more cases. What are the chances that the vaccine IS the mutation?

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Showed up to work today and have to wear a mask again :(
Haven't had to mask up at work in 2 or 3 months. It was nice.

Avery

Ok..

a) explain why the more people are getting vaccinated the more people are getting sick. Does the vaccine not help the spread at all? Fauci is now saying we will have 200,000 cases a day soon.

C) cases declined rapidly until people started getting vaccinated. The more people that get vaccinated, the more cases. What are the chances that the vaccine IS the mutation?
If the vaccine is what's causing more people to get sick, does that mean that this is Trump's fault as he and his administration were the ones responsible for the vaccine as I've been led to believe?

JazzyFresh

Banned
If the vaccine is what's causing more people to get sick, does that mean that this is Trump's fault as he and his administration were the ones responsible for the vaccine as I've been led to believe?
Most certainly to a degree and anyone else pushing it. Fauci, Biden, media, Trump, CDC, WHO, everyone is at fault. Let's be clear I'm not saying that it's what happened but I am saying something is not adding up and there's certain questions the more cases yet the less unvaccinated.

But if not...then you are admit Trump doesn't get the credit he deserves as Biden literally just stole his thunder.

Avery

Most certainly to a degree and anyone else pushing it. Fauci, Biden, media, Trump, CDC, WHO, everyone is at fault. Let's be clear I'm not saying that it's what happened but I am saying something is not adding up and there's certain questions the more cases yet the less unvaccinated.

But if not...then you are admit Trump doesn't get the credit he deserves as Biden literally just stole his thunder.

My personal take is neither Trump nor Biden should consider themselves to be the savior. Government simply wrote checks for the development - still are and probably always will.

A more logical discussion could be the Trump vs. Biden rollout plan, but we’ve got other problems more pressing.

Al-O-Meter

Every one of these is a great question.

a) explain why the more people are getting vaccinated the more people are getting sick. Does the vaccine not help the spread at all?
The vaccine helps protect against the spread quite a bit, but its true strength is in helping people’s immune systems fight off an infection. The UK was hit with the Delta variant a few weeks before we were and the percentage of people vaccinated is a bit higher but you can see in their new cases that they are not seeing more people get sick. They are on the decline and we can expect that too in the US.
UkCases.jpg

Above are new cases while below are deaths. Comparing the charts is where you see how much these vaccines boost immune response. In March of 2020 there was no vaccine and the deaths were very high. In January 2021 there was another wave of infection and the deaths among the partially vaccinated public were proportional. In the recent wave of infections relatively few people died. The vaccines help a lot.
UkDeaths.jpg

SARS-CoV-2 won’t ever go away. It is here to stay. Everyone will get it, maybe even more than once. If you’ve been vaccinated or had a bad case then it will likely be like catching a cold. If you haven’t been vaccinated then it likely will be miserable but you’ll probably not die as it does have a 99.9% survival rate even without the vaccine. I’m not one to shame and I strongly oppose mandates. You are an adult and can decide for yourself if you want to give your immune system a head’s up, and you can see the statistical benefits of doing that, but if you’re hoping it will blow over or miss you then I don’t think that will happen.

As you can see with the statistics in the UK it is not true that the more people get vaccinated, the more cases they have. The chance the vaccine is the mutation is zero and that is the problem. The vaccine has the original S-Spike while the variants have slightly different S-Spikes which can confuse your immune system. You are still far better off having had the vaccine then not, but variants can get a little further before being recognized by your immune system.

JazzyFresh

Banned
Every one of these is a great question.

The vaccine helps protect against the spread quite a bit, but its true strength is in helping people’s immune systems fight off an infection. The UK was hit with the Delta variant a few weeks before we were and the percentage of people vaccinated is a bit higher but you can see in their new cases that they are not seeing more people get sick. They are on the decline and we can expect that too in the US.
UkCases.jpg

Above are new cases while below are deaths. Comparing the charts is where you see how much these vaccines boost immune response. In March of 2020 there was no vaccine and the deaths were very high. In January 2021 there was another wave of infection and the deaths among the partially vaccinated public were proportional. In the recent wave of infections relatively few people died. The vaccines help a lot.
UkDeaths.jpg

SARS-CoV-2 won’t ever go away. It is here to stay. Everyone will get it, maybe even more than once. If you’ve been vaccinated or had a bad case then it will likely be like catching a cold. If you haven’t been vaccinated then it likely will be miserable but you’ll probably not die as it does have a 99.9% survival rate even without the vaccine. I’m not one to shame and I strongly oppose mandates. You are an adult and can decide for yourself if you want to give your immune system a head’s up, and you can see the statistical benefits of doing that, but if you’re hoping it will blow over or miss you then I don’t think that will happen.

As you can see with the statistics in the UK it is not true that the more people get vaccinated, the more cases they have. The chance the vaccine is the mutation is zero and that is the problem. The vaccine has the original S-Spike while the variants have slightly different S-Spikes which can confuse your immune system. You are still far better off having had the vaccine then not, but variants can get a little further before being recognized by your immune system.
First I want it known I'm not avtivax at all, I'm anti-authoritarian BS the alt left is pushing. I'm against this "let's shun people" disgusting act of humanity. That pushes me away.

To your point, I basically have a similar stance. This virus is obviously extremely contagious but the death rate is minimal. That has a tremendous amount to do with said vaccine no argument here. That's why I feel this is all mass hysteria for bigger and better things.

For example,. I agree the virus will start to diminish yet Fauci is telling us very Tabloid like that we will have 100-200,000 cases a day in fall. I don't think that's true but if it is by then the number of vaccinations should be higher yet we're going to have record cases?! That makes no sense. That tells me we're stuck with this and it's time to party like it's Obama's 60th birthday where he'll have 200 servants for 500 guest. The elite know it, we should too but we don't. Mask up!

Not talking to you specifically but do people really nor even question this?! It baffles the **** out of me especially now that we just barely learned about massive safety issues at the the Wuhan lab and massive evidence points that way yet people still turn a blind eye and don't say word.

Why did Fauci never discuss this and hide the lab leak theory?
Why was the idea of a lab leak kept secret even though there were definite signs?
Why did Fauci lie under oath that Wuhan wasn't doing gain of function research when the very doctors admit to it and put human lungs into mice and infected them with coronavirus. Funded but who? Fauci...