What's new

Coronavirus

Wow. I thought Trump was bad. What an evil hate filled way to view things.

Ban me I really don't care. This dude is pure evil.

I think you would be the only one to respond this way to the comment of mine that you are replying to here. Nothing in my comment was hate filled. Nothing I said was evil. I simply provided a bit about my background, in my case the discipline was History, and any contributions I made at the time were restricted to historical context/perspective. But, I worked with psychologists, social psychologists, and sociologists. Not my specialties at all, but, one cannot take a deep dive into the subject of cults of personality without knowing something about both individual psychology and social psychology and how they underpin the development and success of such cults.

So, what happened was this: when Trump began his 2016 campaign, I watched his rallies, and I could not simply forgot what I had studied and learned many years ago. I recognized that Trump was creating a cult of personality. And I warned people of the dangers involved in what was happening. That is what I believed I could bring to bear in understanding the rise of Trump. The question for me became, what is his appeal, what needs is he fulfilling for those Americans resonating to his message and style?

It is not hate, it is not evil to point these things out, and ask these questions. They stemmed from my background, a background I never expected to become relevant in my senior years. But I have every right to share it without being called evil.

Your above replies bear no relation whatsoever to what I said. In fact, your comments are so inexplicable, it's easier to believe you did not read a word of my reply.

"At this stage, if you are defending this president, you are a member of the Cult of Trump."

Yes, I said that.

Well, that's over the top and wrong. I did not check the context, but I must have been angry, because I don't even believe that myself. Many Republicans in Congress support Trump for no other reason than knowing they will feel his wrath if they do not. They are not necessarily relating to him as the leader of a cult of personality. But a % of his followers clearly are, IMO.

Did I misread this? PS that was an official Red quote btw. I didn't make that up. I qouted him from a past post like this...

"And he keeps right on acting like he is above the law. There is nothing remotely OK about this man's behavior. If you can't see that by now, I suspect you can never be helped; you will never break free of his cult if you have not done so yet. Enjoy your fantasy reality...."

I don't hate anybody, sadly some just breath hate and call me a cultist, racist, or whatever

I have explained where I am coming from. But let me ask you this: who am I to you? A nobody! What worth does my opinion have to you? Nothing whatsoever, if you choose. Why would you let anything I say have any effect whatsoever on you? There is no good reason. It's just another opinion on the internet. Just blow me off, tell me I'm full of ****.

I'm also guilty of lashing out in anger at times. In hindsight, I'm never proud of that. Somebody thought he would tell me the noble way he relates to a friend who differs in his political beliefs. He did so without knowing any of the facts about my falling out with a now ex-friend. It angered me, and I shamefully showed my anger to far too great a degree. So, I am not immune to what people say or think of me.

I think you are being foolish to let anything I say get to you. I am a nobody to you, tell me to go to hell, tell me my opinion is worthless to you. Let go of any persecution complex. I don't hate you at all. I bring what I bring for the reasons I explained to you, and which you choose to call evil.

Last edited:
Not at all? Who does your shopping?

Don't get me wrong, I went out last week, but basically got enough to keep me from having to run back to the store for a good month, maybe six weeks if need be.

Crappy thing is I won't have some perishables like fruit and produce, but can always go out and knaw on my lawn once it greens up.

Don't get me wrong, I went out last week, but basically got enough to keep me from having to run back to the store for a good month, maybe six weeks if need be.

Crappy thing is I won't have some perishables like fruit and produce, but can always go out and knaw on my lawn once it greens up.
Yeah vegetables' the main reason I'm having to go to the supermarket once a week at the moment. Would like it to be less but it's not easy keeping them fresh for more than 6-7 days.

Also need to get fresh eggs, milk and bread/bakery type things...

If the conspiracy theorists are right and this virus was engineered in a Chinese lab (apparently the lab that keeps viruses was only 15 miles away from that Wuhan market, very suspicious), then this was very clever by the Chinese.

Why?

Cos there aren't any International Law against this. Who's gonna be the world police that would prosecute China for doing this Oopsie? And what evidence do they have that China engineered this and that it didn't mutate itself from bats or whatever?
There was a guy applying for unemployment and he lived directly across the street from the unemployment office. I mean try to be a little less obvious dude, right?

I think the right thing to do would be to quarantine them all on the ship. He's no hero.

I know you served on the USS Nimitz. You walked the walk, and I can only respect your opinion.

His crew seemed very fond of their captain, and I was moved by their show of affection. I've not walked in their shoes, so it's not my place to judge their sendoff. It's their call, not mine. Thanks for your take.

I know you served on the USS Nimitz. You walked the walk, and I can only respect your opinion.

His crew seemed very fond of their captain, and I was moved by their show of affection. I've not walked in their shoes, so it's not my place to judge their sendoff. It's their call, not mine. Thanks for your take.
They have all been exposed, at least the enlisted ones rank E6 and down. There are two crew gallys, each one has two lines. Those sailors eat there two or three times a day. You generally stand in a line that goes up a ladderwell. The saying in the Navy for standing in line is "nut to butt."

They have all been exposed and now they are being sent into public.

They are ****ing sailors. Stay on your ship and ride this out. They are saying there are 4000 on the ship, well the ship has over 6000 beds. Start segregating them into 3-4 categories. They have the room to do that.

I think the captain is worried about himself and other high ranking officers. Those are the only people on a Navy ship that have the luxury of any kind of "social distance." Those are teh only people who have any chance at all of not having already been exposed.

I mean look at them standing in the hanger bay. Are they keeping their distance? No. That's life on a Navy ship, you can't get away from other people if you want to.

These are military volunteers. They stand no better chance off the ship than on it IMHO, and on it they don't endanger civilians, off it they absolutely do.

So I'd just finished watching Trump's press conference today on Coronavirus and he said that the CDC is now RECOMMENDING that you wear cloth face masks and this is because there's evidence that the disease is asystematic and so people could be spreading the virus without knowing they have it.

OH MY GOD

I've been saying this on the forum for what felt like WEEKS now. How can they be this slow to first REALIZE this and now to ACT?

What's worse? Trump had just qualified their recommendation by saying that it's ONLY a recommendation at this point and that HE would not be wearing any face masks.

What a great example to set for the nation!!!! Whether or not he has it, he has a great opportunity to follow CDC's recommendation, back them up, and be a great example and save lives.

Instead he's letting his ego get in the way, not wanting to look foolish wearing a mask I'd suspect.

Trump saying everyone should wear masks but that he wouldn’t basically means that people aren’t going to, especially his base.

If this keeps up, we will basically just ease into the fall and a second wind not knowing if the first let up.

Reactions: Red
If the conspiracy theorists are right and this virus was engineered in a Chinese lab (apparently the lab that keeps viruses was only 15 miles away from that Wuhan market, very suspicious), then this was very clever by the Chinese.

Why?

Cos there aren't any International Law against this. Who's gonna be the world police that would prosecute China for doing this Oopsie? And what evidence do they have that China engineered this and that it didn't mutate itself from bats or whatever?
Yeah... China would kill off a ton of people and **** their economy just to make the rest of the world angry with them! Great theory!

WHO are nothing but puppets for China. They say what China tells them to say. They're pathetic, it's quite obvious.

Btw 50k deaths outside China, how are they going to pay for this? I bet no one going to do anything about it.

Because China isnt wearing masks or selling them... Makes sense...

It's beyond dumb to think China should pay countries for a virus being spread.

Last edited: