What's new

Coronavirus

Germany is savage! WOW!

I hope this technique gets adopted worldwide.

That's impressive and a great idea. Personally I think massive testing is the best way to deal with this until we get a vaccine.

If we can test everyone and isolate this with it until cured we can take care of this much quicker and allow negative tested people to carry on with their lives.

From the study led by Neil Ferguson: "Perhaps our most significant conclusion is that mitigation is unlikely to be feasible without emergency surge capacity limits of the UK and US healthcare systems being exceeded many times over. In the most effective mitigation strategy examined, which leads to a single, relatively short epidemic (case isolation, household quarantine and social distancing of the elderly), the surge limits for both general ward and ICU beds would be exceeded by at least 8-fold under the more optimistic scenario for critical care requirements that we examined. In addition, even if all patients were able to be treated, we predict there would still be in the order of 250,000 deaths in GB, and 1.1-1.2 million in the US.".

Note that these figure are based on mitigation, not suppression.

The higher numbers for both the U.K. and the US are based on a less than perfect mitigation strategy. Great Britain is adopting the suppression strategy, the US is practicing a mitigation strategy that is not being followed by 100% of Americans. Far from it, people are ignoring the guidelines in large numbers. Hence every day we see governors taking more measures, like blockading parking lots at beaches and parks. Every day, my own governor mentions people still doing stupid things, and every day she stands there, says "knock it off", and clamps down further, because compliance is simply not close to 100%.

Dr. Birx indicated Fauci's highest numbers are based on the US "doing nothing", but, at the same time, the best case scenario of up to 240,000 fatalities depends on "100% of Americans doing precisely what is required". And everything I've seen in the patchwork state by state response seems to show that 100% of Americans are not adhering to the guidelines. To limit fatalities to 100,000-240,000 requires perfect adherence, if I understand Birx and Fauci correctly, and I am not seeing that perfect adherence now. And Trump is leaving lockdowns to the states, he does not intend to issue any nation-wide shelter in place orders.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dr-deborah-birx-predicts-200-000-deaths-if-we-do-n1171876

In an interview on "TODAY," Dr. Deborah Birx painted a grim message about the expected fatalities, echoing that they could hit more than 2 million without any measures, as coronavirus casescontinue to climb throughout the country.

Birx said the projections by Dr. Anthony Fauci that U.S. deaths could range from 1.6 million to 2.2 million is a worst case scenario if the country did "nothing" to contain the outbreak, but said even "if we do things almost perfectly," she still predicts up to 200,000 U.S. deaths.

Birx said the best case scenario would be for "100 percent of Americans doing precisely what is required, but we're not sure that all of America is responding in a uniform way to protect one another," referencing images circulating online of people still congregating in big groups and ignoring guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Oh and here's the many times you've called people like me, my family, friends and even your own friends cult members.

Way back when, when I was a tenured social scientist, I spent some time studying cults of personality. I was a co-author of 3 peer reviewed papers dealing with cults of personality in the modern era. So, I have a background and experience studying cults.

One of the reasons that I, an opponent of Trump from the start, has nonetheless watched many of his rallies, is it is fascinating to see a cult of personality in action, and depressing to see how Trump's "I am the victim" narrative has become the bedrock of his cult.

Understand, not all Trump supporters relate to him in this fashion, but the Trump cult of personality is very much real.

As for my "friend", he told me Trump needed to order the governor of California to round up the homeless, keep them in camps, do not afford any of them medical treatment if they develop the coronavirus, allow them to infect each other, allow them to die. They are all drug addicts and/or alcoholics.( Maybe telling that this "friend" is himself alcoholic). I knew he was likely cultish in his devotion. That he would suggest a type of "final solution" stunned me. I am glad he kicked me to the curb. Who on Earth needs such a "friend"? If the shoe fits, and it's a snug fit for that ex-friend.

Can anyone explain to me why he’s receiving death threats?

There are idiots out there who believe he's providing bad info to the admin on purpose to make things sound worse than they are (basically undermining his re-election). Deep state mole, all that.

This is of course nonsense, but let's not let facts get in the way. Fauci and his team are preventing thousands of more deaths by giving the stark realism of the situation.

The actual ****?

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

vote for clowns.

Expect a circus.

Honestly, I don’t know why Americans expect anything different. You can’t elect people like Trump, Steve King, Jason Chaffetz, Devin Nunes, Lindsey Graham, Ted Cruz, DeSantis, etc and expect thoughtful and wise decisions and policy.

Taiwan’s Vice President is an epidemiologist and is heading their coronavirus team. Our vice president is a conservative radio talk show host. And we expect similar outcomes?

That's impressive and a great idea. Personally I think massive testing is the best way to deal with this until we get a vaccine.

If we can test everyone and isolate this with it until cured we can take care of this much quicker and allow negative tested people to carry on with their lives.
I just read some more on it and it seems like it's something new that's proposed but not implemented yet.

Way back when, when I was a tenured social scientist, I spent some time studying cults of personality. I was a co-author of 3 peer reviewed papers dealing with cults of personality in the modern era. So, I have a background and experience studying cults.

One of the reasons that I, an opponent of Trump from the start, has nonetheless watched many of his rallies, is it is fascinating to see a cult of personality in action, and depressing to see how Trump's "I am the victim" narrative has become the bedrock of his cult.

Understand, not all Trump supporters relate to him in this fashion, but the Trump cult of personality is very much real.

As for my "friend", he told me Trump needed to order the governor of California to round up the homeless, keep them in camps, do not afford any of them medical treatment if they develop the coronavirus, allow them to infect each other, allow them to die. They are all drug addicts and/or alcoholics.( Maybe telling that this "friend" is himself alcoholic). I knew he was likely cultish in his devotion. That he would suggest a type of "final solution" stunned me. I am glad he kicked me to the curb. Who on Earth needs such a "friend"? If the shoe fits, and it's a snug fit for that ex-friend.
Wow. I thought Trump was bad. What an evil hate filled way to view things.

You are everything you accuse Trump of.

Ban me I really don't care. This dude is pure evil.

@JazzGal this is what I'm fighting against... A liar and a bigot.

Last edited:

Red:

"At this stage, if you are defending this president, you are a member of the Cult of Trump."

Basically if you disagree with the bigot he thinks you're a cult.

Here's a good interview with the creator of the vaccine for the rotavirus on the COVID-19 virus, he's also on the board that approves vaccines, he talks prospects for vaccines, prospects for treatments(cure), etc.:

A suspected Covid-19 male patient is lying in bed in the hospital, wearing an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose. A young student female nurse appears and gives him a partial sponge bath.
"Nurse,"' he mumbles from behind the mask, "are my testi-cles black?"
Embarrassed, the young nurse replies, "I don't know, Sir. I'm only here to wash your upper body and feet."
He struggles to ask again, "Nurse, please check for me. Are my testi-cles black?"
Concerned that he might elevate his blood pressure and heart rate from worrying about his testi-cles, she overcomes her embarrassment and
pulls back the covers.
She raises his gown, holds his manhood in one hand and his testi-cles gently in the other.
She looks very closely and says, "There's nothing wrong with them, Sir. They look fine."
The man slowly pulls off his oxygen mask, smiles at her, and says very slowly,
"Thank you very much. That was wonderful. Now listen very,
very, closely:
"Are - my - test - results - back?"

Last edited:
Red:

"At this stage, if you are defending this president, you are a member of the Cult of Trump."

Basically if you disagree with the bigot he thinks you're a cult.

I find it hard to believe you genuinely misread what to quoted to such an extreme degree.

New graph showing information through yesterday.

https://aatishb.com/covidtrends/

China seems to be having a bit of a bounce back (who knows how accurate this is) while the rest of the world seems to be flattening out with the exception of the US which is still on a trajectory to leave Earth's orbit.

I find it hard to believe you genuinely misread what to quoted to such an extreme degree.
I didn't misread anything. Coming from the guy who has called me racist on multiple occasions for no other reason than to be rude I'm not surprised you would stick up for such bigotry. You're not much better with such terrible and mean accusations.

Did I misread this? PS that was an official Red quote btw. I didn't make that up. I qouted him from a past post like this...

"And he keeps right on acting like he is above the law. There is nothing remotely OK about this man's behavior. If you can't see that by now, I suspect you can never be helped; you will never break free of his cult if you have not done so yet. Enjoy your fantasy reality...."

Last edited: