What's new

Coronavirus

You must not talk to many people, hah. I guess we will see how many get it. I would guess that about 20-30% refuse. Most of those people are already convinced it isnt safe. Its sad because the vaccine isnt full proof. So you are still putting others at risk, but at least its greatly minimized. I am just hoping the vaccine gets things under control in the US so I can actually come back to visit my friends and family.
We can expect this kind of sentiment with politicized issues. Democrats, for example, have significantly increased willingness after the presidential vote. Hell, VP elect Kamala Harris was the queen of the anti-vaxxers right here in the SLC debate, pushing nonsense that drove anti-vax sentiment. Theyre all blowhards though, and I dont think most will follow through with no vaccine. It doesn't make sense not to, and will make life too much of a pain in the *** to not get vaccinated if schools or employers are able to require it.

You must not talk to many people, hah. I guess we will see how many get it. I would guess that about 20-30% refuse. Most of those people are already convinced it isnt safe. Its sad because the vaccine isnt full proof. So you are still putting others at risk, but at least its greatly minimized. I am just hoping the vaccine gets things under control in the US so I can actually come back to visit my friends and family.
Apologies if quoting twice is annoying.

How much do you think willingness will improve after time to test properly? I think the biggest obstacle right now, by far, is how quickly theyre trying to come to market.

Wow.
Just...
Wow.
Reading that made my heart hurt, but more than that it made my head hurt.
What's your friend's perspective now? Is she still being flippant about having guests over when she had COVID?
Or did she think she wasn't contagious any more because she didn't have any symptoms?
Did she actually host a holiday party with people over to her house while her husband was in the hospital on a ventilator dying????
She didn't host a holiday party. She went to a work holiday party that was held with people in their own cars except for some sort of gift exchange.

I don't see her on a regular basis so I don't really know what her specific attitude or actions are at the moment. I mean obviously right now she is mourning the loss of her husband.

She didn't host a holiday party. She went to a work holiday party that was held with people in their own cars except for some sort of gift exchange.

I don't see her on a regular basis so I don't really know what her specific attitude or actions are at the moment. I mean obviously right now she is mourning the loss of her husband.
Ah, got it.
thanks for clarifying.

Apologies if quoting twice is annoying.

How much do you think willingness will improve after time to test properly? I think the biggest obstacle right now, by far, is how quickly theyre trying to come to market.
I don't know what will change people's minds about it. But I don't think logic and proper testing will be the factor. I think it will be from leadership. I think having Clinton, Bush, and Obama take it will help. Hopefully Trump and Biden will join that. Trump would easily have the biggest effect of getting people to take it. I honestly don't know what will change people's minds though.

There are no ticks in Utah.
Yes there are. I had one drop on me in Fruitland, UT a few years ago. Another I found when I was about twelve. We were on the way home from camping and it was crawling through my hair. I don't remember where we camped but I want to say Joe's Valley reservoir.

When I was in my early twenties the owner of the business I worked at got Lyme disease from a tick bite while hunting.

Last edited:
Yes there are. I had one drop on me in Fruitland, UT a few years ago. Another I found when I was about twelve. We were on the way home from camping and it was crawling through my hair. I don't remember where we camped but I want to say Joe's Valley reservoir.

When I was in my early twenties the owner of the business I worked at got Lyme disease from a tick bite while hunting.
At least in Estonia the doctors seem to state, that Lyme is little bit easier to tolerate (with antibiotics) then encephalitis (which has a vaccine).
Both are quite common in Estonia and Lyme is little bit hard to diagnose specially if you do not have the red circle on your skin; you have to "force" the doctors so they take special blood samples to verify the existence of Lyme disease - it is not shown on common blood diagnostics.

At least in Estonia the doctors seem to state, that Lyme is little bit easier to tolerate (with antibiotics) then encephalitis (which has a vaccine).
Both are quite common in Estonia and Lyme is little bit hard to diagnose specially if you do not have the red circle on your skin; you have to "force" the doctors so they take special blood samples to verify the existence of Lyme disease - it is not shown on common blood diagnostics.
The guy I knew which contracted Lyme disease took almost 2 years to get a proper diagnoses. He would get sicker than a dog for 3-4 months every winter. The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. Lyme disease just wasn't that well known 30 years ago. Once they figured it out they treated him and he got better, sort of. The disease was gone but it destroyed his joints. Particularly his knees.

Ya I have had ticks in me in the past and even quite recently have had them crawling on me

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The guy I knew which contracted Lyme disease took almost 2 years to get a proper diagnoses. He would get sicker than a dog for 3-4 months every winter. The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. Lyme disease just wasn't that well known 30 years ago. Once they figured it out they treated him and he got better, sort of. The disease was gone but it destroyed his joints. Particularly his knees.
OK, that is also probably a reason why in my childhood nobody talked about the Lyme disease although my country house was in the middle of the tick territory.
Kuressaare-Kihelkonna-Veere – Google Maps
I thought it was because the Soviet medicine did not know about it but it seems that it was also unknown in Western society.

About 15-20% of the usa population refuses to take this vaccine no matter what. I would call those anti-vaxxers. This vaccine has at various times had upwards of more than 50% saying they would not take it. That number has improved but I would generally say roughly 1/2 the population has some level of distrust/suspicions of the vaccine mostly based on false information.

Is it really that high of %? Boy are we dumb.