What's new

Coronavirus

My brother has made fun of the virus, until he caught it. He's had some symptoms similar to yours. He said he ate an orange the other day, could taste it and was thrilled.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Sorry bro, but you're a Trumptard and as such have zero ability to discern between fact and fiction. Don't blame the media.
You know we have to judge @Joe Bagadonuts on a curve.

I'll issue a challenge to him. Here's the media bias chart

The challenge is: Only read NON-OPINION articles from sites with a score higher than 36.5 reliability scale(top to bottom), and between -5.5 and 5.5 on the balance scale(left to right) for one month. Refrain from conjecture and watercooler/sacrament/family riff raff bullshitting during this time.

Me? I already have. I've even taken a step back from conjecture and bullshitting. Probably explains my absenteism from this site.

Accepted/Decline?

The challenge is: Only read NON-OPINION articles from sites with a score higher than 36.5 reliability scale(top to bottom), and between -5.5 and 5.5 on the balance scale(left to right) for one month. Refrain from conjecture and watercooler/sacrament/family riff raff bullshitting during this time.

Me? I already have. I've even taken a step back from conjecture and bullshitting. Probably explains my absenteism from this site.

Accepted/Decline?
Do you have a list of those sources? And who determines where they fall on the scale? I'd like to see that list. Only one I can think of that comes close is npr.

Do you have a list of those sources? And who determines where they fall on the scale? I'd like to see that list. Only one I can think of that comes close is npr.
Still based on analysts. I don't think the world has a perfect system for bias/balance.

But the methodology can be read here

If you've got better, I'm certainly open to review

Still based on analysts. I don't think the world has a perfect system for bias/balance.

But the methodology can be read here

If you've got better, I'm certainly open to review
So you have a possible methodology but no actual list of such media. So the suggestion is useless. Gotcha.

Accepted/Decline?
Which of the sites that fit your criteria reported that the Hunter Biden laptop was part of a Russia disinformation campaign? On the basis of what facts did they report that? Which of the sites that fit your criteria reported on the Hunter Biden laptop story at all? On what basis did they decide that the public did or did not need to know about this story? If the media sources that you deem credible did not report this story, or reported that the story was part of a disinformation campaign, does it concern you to discover that the story is easily proven to be credible (not a disinformation campaign at all)? It seem to me a very easy call to say that any media source who did not at least inform it's audience of the possibility that the Hunter Biden laptop was real were themselves participating in a disinformation campaign. The blatant and obvious lies those media sources told the public in this particular example make it clear that they both lack credibility and are highly biased despite what your graph purports.

CNN has never said the laptop associated to Hunter Biden was not legit. They have mentioned the story, mentioned the source of the story, and said they cannot independently verify the information presented in that story. Pretty much the same thing every reputable news outlet has said.

That said, we really did dodge a bullet by NOT electing Hunter Biden President, amiright?

Let's see where the investigation into Hunter goes. If after Joe Biden takes office a special counsel is needed to independently investigate then I would expect a special counsel to be used.

Some links:

Ratcliffe, during an appearance on Fox Business, said there was "no intelligence to support" claims that Russian disinformation were behind the articles in the New York Post that have been seized upon by President Donald Trump, Republican allies in Congress and conservative media in the closing weeks of the election. CNN has not determined the authenticity of the emails.

Last edited:
I've tried, over the years, to call out instances where conservatives falsely claim "MSM" is not reporting on an issue. They clearly think this because their media sources are telling them that "liberal media" is hiding the truth. I think I may have pointed out over 100 times when a Joe or a babe have falsely claimed MSM was hiding the truth when there were clearly articles covering the issue us "sheeple" were supposedly being shielded from.

Own your lies. Your claim was false Joe. It was wrong. You believed something that was told to you that was intentionally dishonest. Question your sources before you blindly follow them into distrust in the media wholesale.

Which of the sites that fit your criteria reported that the Hunter Biden laptop was part of a Russia disinformation campaign? On the basis of what facts did they report that? Which of the sites that fit your criteria reported on the Hunter Biden laptop story at all? On what basis did they decide that the public did or did not need to know about this story? If the media sources that you deem credible did not report this story, or reported that the story was part of a disinformation campaign, does it concern you to discover that the story is easily proven to be credible (not a disinformation campaign at all)? It seem to me a very easy call to say that any media source who did not at least inform it's audience of the possibility that the Hunter Biden laptop was real were themselves participating in a disinformation campaign. The blatant and obvious lies those media sources told the public in this particular example make it clear that they both lack credibility and are highly biased despite what your graph purports.

I see how you avoid the challenge. But we're not doing any of that today.

I'm certain if you stick to respectable, reasonably balanced websites, information on Biden laptop contents is available through the challenge.

Are you up to it?

While it's not in list format, the very post you responded to had a link to the chart.

While it's not in list format, the very post you responded to had a link to the chart.
Not visible on mobile I guess. I only got to the methodology article because I guessed the word at the end of the sentence might be a link. Is there a link that can actually be tapped to go somewhere? I'm not tapping on every word in a post to find a hidden link.

Accepted/Decline?
@Jason @colton

How can we get links to show up on mobile? Apparently harambe attached his link to a word and it isn't visible as a link on mobile. Any idea, or is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks.

So he loses points for not exploring on his own.

At least he showed interest. That's a win. Can't be too hard on my man for that.
**** you **** wad. Try just pasting the URL, then it gives a short synopsis and a link that is fully visible in all formats.

Or just go **** yourself.