What's new

Coronavirus

I didn't give examples of large gatherings but I will gladly participate in large gatherings with strangers once I'm full vaccinated

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

I get my second Pfizer jab next week, should be full vaxed in 3 weeks. Funnily enough, i have my worst chest infection in 16 months at the moment!

I’m a little concerned about how long lasting the antibodies are for the vaccine. While it’s great that millions are getting vaccinated right now, it’s concerning to me that we don’t know how long the immunity lasts for. And if being vaccinated prevents transmission? Can I still spread it?

What happens if we all have to get re-immunized in the fall or winter? I wonder if in the long-term we must develop better treatments and faster tests that can be performed at home?

Got my first shot yesterday morning. Pfizer. I feel fine. Curious how I’ll feel after the second though.

For those that don't qualify yet in Utah but want the shot, here's a tip: schedule your vaccine for April 1 as that day is when eligibility extends to everyone, but if you wait until April 1, you'll probably find appointments are going to be all over the place.

Just make it now if you want to start the clock before the masses.

California is still lagging. I'm even in a necessary industry (warehousing and distribution) but I'm not in an eligible group yet. Ugh. I think I'm going to just hit up CVS and see if I can sneak one when someone doesn't show up for their appointment.

I'm certainly interested to find out what the autopsy reveals. Also interested to see if there is a common thread in post vaccine deaths, as so far there doesn't seem to be one and her case is extremely unique in that she was reported to be extremely healthy and there was no other immediate explanation for her symptoms. That is very significantly unlike any of the other post vaccine deaths I've heard about.

The CDC announced yesterday, I think, that fully vaccinated people from one household could interact with one non-vaccinated household with no masks or distancing, as long as the non-vaccinated people are not high risk. Both Mom and I are fully vaccinated (she will be on Friday anyway), so I'm hopeful my sister will invite us over for Easter dinner. They've all had one shot only.

Second shot down!

Was told that "full" immunity is 10 days from now.

Will report back tomorrow if I have any issues. So far so good.
Remember to go lick someone with covid in 10 days to verify you are immune. Hmm, maybe lick a couple people to be safe.

Second shot down!

Was told that "full" immunity is 10 days from now.

Will report back tomorrow if I have any issues. So far so good.
Who told you that? I was told 2 weeks.

Super stiff arm, fever fluctuated yesterday, put me down for a bit... today much more stable.