What's new

Coronavirus

India consistently hitting 350,000 new daily cases and now heading to half a million new daily cases. India is projected to lose 13,000 people daily by mid May and lose 200,000 people total in just this month.

Brazil consistently hitting 3,000+ daily deaths and they’re headed to winter.
Yikes

MAGA!

It’s almost like downplaying the virus all last year in hopes that it wouldn’t hurt you for the election was a reckless and deadly strategy.

Got my 2nd shot late last week. Was pretty rough in that 12-24 hour period, ran a very high fever (102.x) and just generally felt like ****, just a little bit of soreness leftover now though. Expecting tomorrow to wake up feeling 100%.

Just had Covid run through our house a few weeks ago. Wife came down with it first and then passed it along to myself and our two teenagers.
While it wasn’t the most pleasant thing to have it wasn’t all that terrible either for us and I’m at more risk being diabetic and in my mid 50s. While I wouldn’t wish it upon anyone, and don’t condone anyone at all for getting vaccinated, I’d really wish that more research would have been done before the vaccine was released upon the public.
I hope that in the upcoming months that those that have been vaccinated don’t experience any ill effects.

..., I’d really wish that more research would have been done before the vaccine was released upon the public.
I hope that in the upcoming months that those that have been vaccinated don’t experience any ill effects.

Working for a hospital, in part, I was fully vaccinated early on.

What research do you think should have been done, and was not? What sort of ill effects do you think are likely?

Just had Covid run through our house a few weeks ago. Wife came down with it first and then passed it along to myself and our two teenagers.
While it wasn’t the most pleasant thing to have it wasn’t all that terrible either for us and I’m at more risk being diabetic and in my mid 50s. While I wouldn’t wish it upon anyone, and don’t condone anyone at all for getting vaccinated, I’d really wish that more research would have been done before the vaccine was released upon the public.
How much research is necessary for most vaccines to be considered safe? Have you discussed these concerns with your doctor? Or are you just relying on what you read on fecesbook? What is your professional background btw?

I’ve found the people most skeptical about vaccines and vaccine safety, don’t know anything about what they’re talking about.

3F921EA7-C80E-4BD4-A71E-243954E999BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Still haven't had my first shot. I feel great.
It’s amazing how low Information Trumpers are always crying out for attention. It’s not triggering the libs so much as revealing one’s immaturity, ignorance, and emotional needs.

It’s weird because Trumpers have been the most vocally against mask mandates and the most pro return to normal life. Yet they do nothing to help. They want all the benefits of living in our society without any of the work.

Last edited:

The analysis by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation pegs the global death toll at nearly 6.9 million and the U.S. count at more than 900,000. The CDC on Wednesday put its latest official estimate at 575,491 deaths in the United States due to the novel coronavirus.
The study in question:

Went shopping at Costco and Walmart today and right now I'm at The Break Bar in daybreak and none have a mask requirement and the majority of people are not wearing masks, including a decent number of employees.

I'm rocking a "Fully Vaccinated" t shirt.

EDIT: This isn't the one I have but it's the one I want to get.

i-m-not-a-republican-i-m-fully-vaccinated-t-shirt-Sweater.jpg

Last edited:
Went shopping at Costco and Walmart today and right now I'm at The Break Bar in daybreak and none have a mask requirement and the majority of people are not wearing masks, including a decent number of employees.

I'm rocking a "Fully Vaccinated" t shirt.

EDIT: This isn't the one I have but it's the one I want to get.

i-m-not-a-republican-i-m-fully-vaccinated-t-shirt-Sweater.jpg

Costco and Walmart relaxing their requirements really surprised me. I thought they’d be among the last.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

The only places that I have been to recently that are still strongly enforcing masks is Harmons grocery store and the liquor store.

Working for a hospital, in part, I was fully vaccinated early on.

What research do you think should have been done, and was not? What sort of ill effects do you think are likely?

i think the idea is that some prefer to have seen longer term studies of any potential side effects on newly developed vaccines

i think the idea is that some prefer to have seen longer term studies of any potential side effects on newly developed vaccines
Every year the new flu shot is released without long term studies.

Vaccines are super low risk. We know how they work. They basically just tip our immune system off on how to fight an actual virus.

Every year the new flu shot is released without long term studies.

Vaccines are super low risk. We know how they work. They basically just tip our immune system off on how to fight an actual virus.

sure But the mRNA vaccines aren't the same as the traditional flu shot vaccines. If there wasn't Covid there is no way these would be brought to market without long term studies first. In this climate it's all about the risk vs reward and so far there doesn't seem to be any real risk with this new mechanism at least in the short term.

sure But the mRNA vaccines aren't the same as the traditional flu shot vaccines. If there wasn't Covid there is no way these would be brought to market without long term studies first. In this climate it's all about the risk vs reward and so far there doesn't seem to be any real risk with this new mechanism at least in the short term.

The Pfizer vaccine is great, I get great phone reception now and I ****ing glow in the dark.

I think that's an excuse that anti-vaxxers fall back on; an excuse with no reason, no warrant, just pure fear-mongering. The reason we need two injections in the first place is because the mRNA breaks down before a full immune response can be generated after one shot. The only persistent effect is antibody readiness.

I think that's an excuse that anti-vaxxers fall back on; an excuse with no reason, no warrant, just pure fear-mongering. The reason we need two injections in the first place is because the mRNA breaks down before a full immune response can be generated after one shot. The only persistent effect is antibody readiness.
There is some truth to that. I am a vaccine proponent, and the risk of vaccine issues is much lower than Covid complications and/or death.

Still, there has never been an mRNA vaccine before these and they are authorized for emergency use, as the normal testing process takes years. So I understand the concern to an extent.

I also think there is a lot of misinformation floating around regarding Covid (it isn't that bad, just a flu!...) And vaccines (Bill Gates put a chip in it or the blood clot risk is so high it isn't worth it...). Obviously the AstraZenica is the only one with the Bill Gates mind control chip, which is why Steve Jobs ghost ensured it wasn't authorized in the U.S.

If anyone is on the fence, Google COVID and blood clots and read the data. COVID-19 has coagulation factors at a MUCH higher rate than any vaccine (if you are on hormonal birth control (which has blood clot risk) avoid the J&J shot, which btw, is not mRNA and is based on a more "tried and true" formula), but definitely get vaccinated as Covid amplifies the clotting risk.