What's new

Coronavirus

uhhh dude ... you said Sweden as well ??
You referenced to babydicks that he misrepresented Sweden. I was pointing out that what Denmark (which babydicks also referred to) did was get vaccinated to get to where they are, not some other magic strategy...

Edit: as far as I can see, their rate per 100,000 is about half what ours is, but hospitalizations and deaths are much, much lower, which shows vaccines are working to prevent serious illness and death.

Last edited:
Washington required the equivalent of vaccination (called variolation) for his soldiers.

If I had to testify in court, I would swear on a copy of the Constitution. It's not perfect, but it's the closest thing I have to a worshipped document.

Avoiding vaccination is not an essential liberty.

Required variolation, slavery, putting down the Whiskey Rebellion, etc. The founding fathers were all about making people do things.
What part of the constitution gives the government a right to force my private business to vaccinate? Where does it say the government has a right to force me against my religion to vax? I'm actually protected.

Get out of here with your "hand on constitution" lying *** .

And ffs you and the complete lack of the English language. It's embarrassing. You are from here right? Educated it seems by your Marxist ideology? Anyways you suck at basic words.

Liberty-

the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views.

You're preventing that not me. Don't blame me for you being ill. If you're 61 and have health concerns don't blame me and if your vaccine worked you should have no worry about what I do. Regardless you should be staying home. It's not my fault you are sick. Depending on what sickness, maybe take better care of yourself.

My solution to you is stay your *** home if you're so terrified. Don't blame me for your poor health. If you would rather live than it's your decision to stay away not mine. Grow the f* up 61 year old
Jesus loves everyone. Except for you, you ****. copy.jpg

I’m glad more people are wising up to this guy. He’s a trolling *******. The board is better without him. But because he won’t stay away and refuses to change, I encourage everyone to stop debating him and just put him on ignore. Force him to change or find another place to haunt.
I'm not worried. Everybody knows that this living example of the Dunning-Kruger effect is a joke except for him. The only issue is that any political thread is damn-near unreadable. For somebody who has to, allegedly, run a small business, he has a lot of time on his hands.

Yawn...Anyways back to adult talk and enough of you psychotic obsessive cultys. Interesting that hospital numbers are being inflated according to The Atlantic

What do you think about this?

The study found that from March 2020 through early January 2021—before vaccination was widespread, and before the Delta variant had arrived—the proportion of patients with mild or asymptomatic disease was 36 percent. From mid-January through the end of June 2021, however, that number rose to 48 percent. In other words, the study suggests that roughly half of all the hospitalized patients showing up on COVID-data dashboards in 2021 may have been admitted for another reason entirely, or had only a mild presentation of disease.This increase was even bigger for vaccinated hospital patients, of whom 57 percent had mild or asymptomatic disease. But unvaccinated patients have also been showing up with less severe symptoms, on average, than earlier in the pandemic: The study found that 45 percent of their cases were mild or asymptomatic since January 21.

You referenced to babydicks that he misrepresented Sweden. I was pointing out that what Denmark (which babydicks also referred to) did was get vaccinated to get to where they are, not some other magic strategy...

Edit: as far as I can see, their rate per 100,000 is about half what ours is, but hospitalizations and deaths are much, much lower, which shows vaccines are working to prevent serious illness and death.

oops replied to the wrong dude apologies Point being is BabyP has talked like Sweden and Denmark did the same thing and they clearly went very different routes. Denmark did use all the measures you've mentioned. Sweden did something very different. But yeah Denmark's results have been super impressive.

64%-36% landslide for Newsome, is a landslide for vaccinations.

From NY Times columnist David Leonhardt:

In the run-up to yesterday’s recall election in California, both Gov. Gavin Newsom and his critics framed it as a judgment on his handling of the pandemic. Newsom embraced his enactment of aggressive mask and vaccine mandates. His leading Republican opponent, Larry Elder, promised to cancel those mandates before drinking his first cup of tea on his first day in office.

Newsome’s Covid policies are closer to what the median American voter favors than the Republican approach is. Prominent Republicans have described Covid vaccine mandates as tyrannical, even though all 50 states impose other vaccine mandates. Some Republicans have also banned businesses and schools from taking evidence-based steps and promoted medical treatments that seem to do more harm than good.​
In doing so, these politicians are aligning themselves with a minority of Americans. Nationwide, less than 25 percent of adults have not yet received a Covid vaccine shot. Only 26 percent oppose a vaccine mandate at their workplace, according to an Associated Press poll last month.​
Vaccinations, as CNN’s Brian Stelter has noted, are not a 50-50 issue.​
No wonder that, in the country’s most populous state, the public health consensus triumphed over its critics yesterday.​

Last edited:
In the run-up to yesterday’s recall election in California, both Gov. Gavin Newsom and his critics framed it as a judgment on his handling of the pandemic. Newsom embraced his enactment of aggressive mask and vaccine mandates. His leading Republican opponent, Larry Elder, promised to cancel those mandates before drinking his first cup of tea on his first day in office.

64%-36% landslide for Newsome. A landslide for vaccinations.

Newsome’s Covid policies are closer to what the median American voter favors than the Republican approach is. Prominent Republicans have described Covid vaccine mandates as tyrannical, even though all 50 states impose other vaccine mandates. Some Republicans have also banned businesses and schools from taking evidence-based steps and promoted medical treatments that seem to do more harm than good.​
In doing so, these politicians are aligning themselves with a minority of Americans. Nationwide, less than 25 percent of adults have not yet received a Covid vaccine shot. Only 26 percent oppose a vaccine mandate at their workplace, according to an Associated Press poll last month.​

I can’t believe it cost $276M to do the recall effort.

64%-36% landslide for Newsome, is a landslide for vaccinations.

From NY Times columnist David Leonhardt:

Vaccinations, as CNN’s Brian Stelter has noted, are not a 50-50 issue.​
No wonder that, in the country’s most populous state, the public health consensus triumphed over its critics yesterday.​
There always seems to be a 30-40 percent range of voters who want to replace competent government with a clown show. Elder would’ve been a clown show, like Trump. Interesting. Have you read about Karen Stenner and how she believes at least 30 percent of the population is drawn to authoritarianism/authoritarian figures?

Reactions: Red
There always seems to be a 30-40 percent range of voters who want to replace competent government with a clown show. Elder would’ve been a clown show, like Trump. Interesting. Have you read about Karen Stenner and how she believes at least 30 percent of the population is drawn to authoritarianism/authoritarian figures?

No, I don’t think I have read her specifically, but yes, I am aware that a not insignificant % of people will be attracted to authoritarianism. I’ve never had any reason to believe Americans would be any different in that respect.

No, I don’t think I have read her specifically, but yes, I am aware that a not insignificant % of people will be attracted to authoritarianism. I’ve never had any reason to believe Americans would be any different in that respect.
Definitely worth a listen. This was my into into her work

Reactions: Red
I can’t believe it cost $276M to do the recall effort.
As you likely know, Elder’s campaign created a webpage where they claimed they had detected fraud in the recall election, before the day of the election, and before votes were counted. I do believe the GOP, in general, has every intention of utilizing fraud allegations in important elections they happen to lose, moving forward. I must accept what now seems certain: the power grab by the GOP will include any means needed to win elections, any means will justify the end of Republican victories. And the base, where “owning the libs” also justifies any means to that end, will support fictitious claims of fraud. Changes at the state level enacted by some red states will likely see efforts at the state level to overturn results that are not what they want.

But that conversation is probably better left for the Election Fraud thread. I mention it here because I believe a landslide as big as this California landslide will at least make it a tad difficult, lol, for Elder to push his bs narrative now.

What part of the constitution gives the government a right to force my private business to vaccinate?
Technically, it's vaccinate or test, and that's covered by the Commerce clause.

Where does it say the government has a right to force me against my religion to vax? I'm actually protected.
Absolutely. You can't be forced to vaccinate. As a person who believes in that employees are on an equal footing with employers in negotiations, you should negotiate a refusal to get vaccinated and tested with your employer.

Get out of here with your "hand on constitution" lying *** .
Since your not patriotic enough to get vaccinated, I'm not concerned with your opinion here.

Liberty-

the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views.
You are free to not get vaccinated nor tested, and free to negotiate that with your employer.

I’ll definitely check her out later today. Thanks for the recommendation….
If you haven’t yet checked this out, I can sum it up for you.

Karen Stenner believes acceptance of authoritarianism is directly related to the Big 5 personality trait of Openness.

She uses gross stereotypes to justify her position. If you see all people on the political right through the lens of stereotype then I can see how this would resonate. To the credit of Yascha Mounk, he says at the very beginning of the podcast that he doesn’t believe what Karen Stenner is saying is necessarily correct but I can see why some would eat this stuff up.

After she gets through her caricature of “if you want to conserve things then you are an authoritarian”, she ventures into some more interesting ideas. Essentially what she says is the faster society changes, fewer and fewer can keep up. If society doesn’t change at all then everyone can keep up, and if society changes at a medium pace then perhaps 90% of the people can adapt with society, while if change is super-fast then very few can adapt to the changes. Those who can’t adapt fast enough become backwards looking, wanting to conserve, and are therefore authoritarian. In effect, we got authoritarian Donald Trump because demographics are rapidly changing, gays are everywhere on TV, women are men, children can be trans, etc., etc.

Stenner’s proposed solution to halting this march of authoritarianism is to slow the rate of change and increase unifying traditions that increase what she terms “us-i-ness”. Using her earlier foundation it sounds like she’s come to the oxymoron of conservatism (which is authoritarianism) is the solution to authoritarianism. I don't mean to talk it down too much because I think the last 20 minutes of the podcast is the strongest part.

Karen Stenner isn’t my thing but she commonly collaborates with Johathan Haidt who I do highly respect so she can’t be all bad. That said, I much prefer the work of Johathan Haidt.