What's new

Coronavirus

My experience:

04.11 - wife got suddenly 38C degree fever. Both the home- and PCR test were positive, home test for daughter was negative. I did not do any tests.
09.11 - daughter's both home and PCR test positive, otherwise no symptoms. My PCR was borderline so doctor scheduled another test for me.
11.11 - my PCR test again borderline. Test performer called me and told to get another test. I told, that my previous was borderline and i have no symptoms. That was OK, but my doctor still told me make another test.
14.11 - my PCR was negative.
16.11 - my daughter's home test negative.

My doctor suspects that de facto i had COVID, but de jure obviously not. Probably will do some blood sample analysis in december to decide when should i make a third shot.
So far my wife in general is OK. Sometimes there is a small occasional 37,2C fever and feeling like you had little bit of wine. My wife got her shots at the end of march and mid-may; i got mid april and at the end of may.
Obviously not doing any celebrations a la "COVID is conquered", because well, you never know what the future brings on. Doctor suspects that my wife got the virus on 01.11 when visiting a dentist. It was 1 hour long procedure and the windows on that room could not be opened. Between 04-14.11 i worked from home and occasionally visited grocery stores, but otherwise kept low profile.
Hope you all recover fully.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Day 21 of strict quarantine. I'm beyond ready to get out of this hotel room. I'm glad I have friends on the outside smuggling booze in to me. One person tested positive from my flight on the 14th day so it got extended 7 days two hours before I was supposed to go to home quarantine. That better not happen again.

Hope you all recover fully.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app
Never say never, but i would state, that on my case the virus probably went in and a combination of luck, vaccines and immune system kicked it out as fast as possible. Because those two borderline PCR tests probably meant that something was going on inside my body. My fitness level is same as before. We have an 60 m2 apartment (3 rooms + kitchen) and tried to be like hedgehogs :) i.e as careful as possible. No hugs, no kisses (until my second PCR test), slept in a separate room. Windows open as much as possible so pretty annoying due the flowing cold wind inside the apartment.

During that period my wife had 38C fever for some days, then one day without fever at all, then next day 37,2C fever then again next day no fever. Occasional coughing and sometimes short "little bit of wine" moments. Doctor gave her some kind of mild antibiotics. Told her that other symptoms are not big deal, but occasional fever requires attention. Otherwise during entire that period her productivity was OK (she works as an accountant in an Estonian branch of a quite big industrial company) and concentrating on complicated Excel worksheets was not a problem. Also, Coca Cola and pickled cucumber helped to make her feel better.

So lets wait and see, what the future will bring us.

Anyone get their booster and flu shot at the same time? What were the side effects like? I'm scheduled to get both on Friday morning but I'm worried the side effects from getting both at once will be bad.

Anyone get their booster and flu shot at the same time? What were the side effects like? I'm scheduled to get both on Friday morning but I'm worried the side effects from getting both at once will be bad.
I got mine a week apart. No real side effects to speak of.

I haven't had a booster, but I'd kind of rather get them both done at once and deal with a sore arm once (not to mention only making the one trip).
I would have done that had it been an option at the time.

I did. So, I didn't have any significant side effects from the first two doses and I also didn't have any significant side effects from the booster and flu shot at the same time.

I haven't had a booster, but I'd kind of rather get them both done at once and deal with a sore arm once (not to mention only making the one trip).
They put each shot in a different arm for me. I think the flu shot arm was a bit more sore than the booster arm, but that all probably has more to do with chance than anything else.

They put each shot in a different arm for me. I think the flu shot arm was a bit more sore than the booster arm, but that all probably has more to do with chance than anything else.
Flu shot has bigger nanobots that will invade your brain and get you to purchase overpriced Microsoft Surface notebooks and outdated copies of Windows 98.

Last edited:
Windows 98 is far better than the crappy windows used now. I use a Mac now thank goodness. Windows is terrible
Win98 is absolutely NOT better than Win10.

I'm not saying Windows is great but some of us want to actually do stuff with our computers that we want to do instead of having a curated experience so Mac doesn't work for us.

Same. Received mine at Rite Aid. I requested both in the same arm, but the pharmacist tech wouldn't do it. My flu arm was also slightly more sore.

anybody up to speed with the virus situation in Japan ? fascinating
I heard many people of Japanese descent have the gene APOBEC3 which has antiviral properties. Others theorize the Delta variant mutated itself to the point it can't reproduce any longer. We'll see if that theory holds water if we see similar results in other places.