What's new

Cousins signing with Warriors

And so much for the "not a single offer" for Cousins. Remember, this is a whopping ONE DAY into the free agency period. And since he didn't have an offer he WANTED (not that he didn't get any offers or interest, he absolutely did), but he more or less says here that he planned this as his "chess move". i.e. he took the move for the chip.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/7/3/1...ins-warriors-zero-offers-free-agency-pelicans

New Orleans Times-Picayune beat writer Will Guillory refuted Spears’ report later in the evening.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yes and yes <a href="https://t.co/xaa9PGaUd2">https://t.co/xaa9PGaUd2</a></p>&mdash; Will Guillory (@WillGuillory) <a href="">July 3, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Other teams had interest as well, even if they didn’t make any official offers. The Blazers were reportedly targeting Cousins in a sign-and-trade move with the Pelicans. It also appears the Boston Celtics had interest, but didn’t move quickly enough to lock down the suddenly-inexpensive All-Star.

My question to everyone is would any of you want Cousins on our team for the deal he signed?

That’s exactly what I expected you to say. So, do we really have much to complain about?

I agree with you btw.
I think it's more important for the Jazz to sign Favors than for the Warriors to sign a locker room cancer like Cousins. He's just the type of guy who could mess with their chemistry and cause their downfall -- though I doubt Kerr will allow that to happen. You never know.

That’s exactly what I expected you to say. So, do we really have much to complain about?

I agree with you btw.
Nope. I think it could help the Jazz. Boogie is the kind of guy that creates massive drama and hurts his team a lot on and off the court. He’s a guy that will struggle to see the court when they go small, and he’s counting on this season to get him his next big contract. He won’t be quiet about seeing a lot of bench time in key moments. He’s going to create friction in that locker room.

I actually think this helps us against GS and heres why:

* Rudy and Favs have been a tough matchup for Cousins in the past.

* Isnt it a positive when GS take the ball out of Steph/KD/Klays hands?
GS has played with 'opportunity' bigs, guys who take 2 or 3 shots a game and get a few oops and putbacks... DC is going to be hunting 12-18 shots per night at a minimum, thats 3-5 shots a game that Steph, KD and Klay wont be taking, EACH. Im sure they'll trounce teams in the regular season but it'll come back to bite them in the playoffs.

Theres a chance he rushes back and re-injures himself. Theres also a chance he gets fat as hell with all this time unable to do cardio.

* The really are throwing a fox in with the chickens so itll be interesting how the locker room aspect plays out.

Regardless, I dont think the Boogie acquisition hurts teams like Utah and the 76ers as much as people think.

More people can name a song by the eagles then Black Sabbath. Very easily.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not in my case, Hotel California and Take it easy are the only Eagles songs that come to mind now.

War Pigs
Fairies wear Boots
The Wizard
Iron Man

I do like a lot of NBA twitter and this fan board pretending that rehabbing Boogie is not better than Zaza, Mcgee, and Looney because he's an *******. He plays center for 25 minutes a night when he gets back and they are a better team... the ego stuff will work out or they send his *** packing and he will lose even more money.

Cousins signing with GS does not bother me at all. It was a smart choice for him and a smart choice for GS. I am guessing he would have taken a smaller deal if that was necessary with the rules.

Winning teams or potentially winning teams have always picked up good players cheaper than other teams can.

What happened with GS was that Curry was hurt and had a low contract amount that allowed them to get Durant. Other than that they drafted really well. They drafted their core Curry, Klay, and Green and then added one really good player in Durant.

That is exactly what everyone here wants the Jazz to do. Draft and develop a really good core of Mitchell, Gobert and others and add one really good player like we hoped for this year or next. Then if we won a championship or two we could pick up good vets for cheap who want to win a championship and are willing to give up money to do that.

Fact is GS gives everyone a team to cheer against and if they lose (they could have this year if CP3 didnt get hurt) all the more enjoyable. Everyone loves the David and Goliath story in sports.

I think a fully healthy Jazz team this year would have had a decent chance against GS. I think we would have pushed Houston to game 6 or 7 and maybe even won if we were healthy. If Houston had the injuries we had we would have beat them easily.

I think Boogie will get back to healthy towards the second half of the year and be very scary for GS. I think they will win the chip this year but probably break up next year. Boogie, Green and maybe even Klay will leave in the next 2 years.

I'm just being facetious as I'm perturbed Cousins signed for next to nothing.
Well there is an easy solution. Jazz need to win and be contenders and we will pick up really good FAs for cheap. Okay, thats not so easy but thats the solution.

We just need to follow GS path. They drafted really really well did a good job with their cap space and won a championship. Then they had room to pick up a great player. Now they have the luxury of players coming for cheap to try and win. Most championship contenders pick up players for less money.