What's new

Dame Time

I’m sorry, no way Dane stays. Just no way. He’ll be in Miami before all is said and done I believe. Pdx has nothing to offer him now
Except a great young core to play with. Scoot and Sharpe have legit star potential and both should be significant contributors this year. Dame needs to get past his passive aggressive bull **** and realize if the blazers can bring back Jeremy Grant then they have a very good core around him. They need to add big man depth but they can do some bargain shopping in free agency to fill that void.

I think the contract is scary and would cause some hesitation on the acquisition price. Them doing right by Dame would also factor in.
Doesn’t trading for Collins mean we can’t take on Dame’s contract due to the second apron thing. We trade for Dame we have his and Collins contract. What does that mean when it comes time to re-upping both Lauri and Kessler?

Doesn’t trading for Collins mean we can’t take on Dame’s contract due to the second apron thing. We trade for Dame we have his and Collins contract. What does that mean when it comes time to re-upping both Lauri and Kessler?
We could do it but it would have to be like THT/KO for Dame. This thread is old now so only last couple pages are relevant. We can still likely do some sort of renegotiate and extend if we didn’t take on any other long term salary or by moving Sexton (maybe he would go in the deal).

Sounds like Dame wants Miami but won’t just come out and say it. I don’t believe GMS but the GM for Portland is saying he is going to build around him.

I think Dame wants Miami, but he is one of the harder players to get a read on given his cryptic tweets and sporadic passive aggressiveness. I think he would be worried about going to a team that's been in the finals 2/4 years and has two established all-stars from a "legacy" perspective, which as others have said is why he wants Portland to move on first

Miami's offer would be Herro, Robinson and two firsts, right? If an offer of THT/KO and 3 firsts (maybe 2025 Cavs, 2027 Wolves, 2027 Lakers) would get it done, or some combination with Sexton potentially, then I think I pull the trigger. I doubt Portland is that interested in Herro and Robinson even after his playoffs can't be positive

I don't like quick rebuilds, but this would still provide us with a glut of young players, winning pieces, and still a good amount of picks to round the team out as we enter cap hell with Lauri's extension at the tail end of Lillard's contact. Plus Lillard is the only star who gets to choose his location that I'd both pretending much with.

Folks need to remember Dame has two years left with a PO. I'm not giving up substantial assets for him due to age and contract. I just don't see the value in it.

Lowe said Miami's current offer is some like Herro, Filler, 2 first, and either Jaquez or Jovic.

Idk, I feel like just yolo it and get Dame.

Sexton/KO, two first, and Sensabaugh

Lowe said Miami's current offer is some like Herro, Filler, 2 first, and either Jaquez or Jovic.

Idk, I feel like just yolo it and get Dame.

Sexton/KO, two first, and Sensabaugh

And that’s supposed to be better than what Miami offered them? Lmao.

And that’s supposed to be better than what Miami offered them? Lmao.

Depending on what the filler is (Robinson) and what picks they are then it definitely could be.

Would you rather have Miami picks from 27/29 or your choice of two picks of the Cavaliers/Timberwolves/Lakers picks?

Depending on what the filler is (Robinson) and what picks they are then it definitely could be.

Would you rather have Miami picks from 27/29 or your choice of two picks of the Cavaliers/Timberwolves/Lakers picks.
And Herro sucks. Someone could prefer Sexton. His deal is cheaper. The Blazers are probably less than thrilled with both as the headlining player

But yeah, the quality of picks the Jazz could offer is way higher and that's where the Jazz win.

And Herro sucks. Someone could prefer Sexton. His deal is cheaper. The Blazers are probably less than thrilled with both as the headlining player

But yeah, the quality of picks the Jazz could offer is way higher and that's where the Jazz win.

It also doesn’t seem all that risky to me either because of how many picks we have.

Maybe the Jazz trades for Collins to bolster their case to Dame?

Maybe he met with the BLazera last night after seeing the Collins trade to add us to the list.

No one would prefer Sexton over Herro. Stop.

I don't think a preference between Sexton and Herro would have any bearing on a trade like that. They've got Scoot, and backup point guards are going to be relatively cheap going forward.

It would be about the picks and other players that are complementary to their rebuild.

I don't think a preference between Sexton and Herro would have any bearing on a trade like that. They've got Scoot, and backup point guards are going to be relatively cheap going forward.

It would be about the picks and other players that are complementary to their rebuild.
If there is no preference between Sexton/Herro then Sexton is the winner because of the contract situations

I laugh at the offers being offered for Dame. I agree that I would not give up a ton for Dame because of his age and contract but if I am the gm of the Blazers all conversations start with Hendricks and 3 frp.

I am not saying I would give that to them but that is where it starts.

Honestly I would rather hold out for Doncic to want a trade. He is way younger and would keep the Jazz and contention longer.