What's new

Dame Time

TJ mentioned Herro when talking with Bill Riley today. When asked if we were done said "depends on the Damian Lillard trade" went on to say they may be the third or fourth team involved.

I just don't get it with our current roster. I suppose Sexton goes out in that deal and maybe JC goes back to the bench?

I really want to see what a healthy Sexton can do this year as a starting guard. He is just such a likable guy and a hard worker. That is the type of attitude and work ethic that I want our young guys to be around.
I agree. Though the thought of Hero is interesting and if I'm being honest and unbiased we should probably try to get herro, Sexton be damned.
I sure would miss Sexton though.

THT + KO + a first for Herro works.
I think it would almost have to be Sexton since we are getting back some long term salary and the Sexton/Herro/George/JC fit is just strange.

I get that Danny is opportunistic but I don't see the fit. JC likely not traded this year with his extension... so part of that weird dynamic would be here this year. At some point you have to consider fit and talent.

I wonder if we would play Herro at the point? I kind of don't hate the idea.
Herro and JC starting backcourt would have to be one of the weirdest I've seen. Not sure on this Herro stuff.

I think it would almost have to be Sexton since we are getting back some long term salary and the Sexton/Herro/George/JC fit is just strange.

I get that Danny is opportunistic but I don't see the fit. JC likely not traded this year with his extension... so part of that weird dynamic would be here this year. At some point you have to consider fit and talent.

I was just thinking that they’d likely want expirings instead.

Sexton/George
Herro/Clarkson
Markkanen/Agbaji
Collins/Hendricks
Kessler

Last edited:
So we would have a roster with Clarkson, Sexton and Herro?

Use your brain

I didn’t say we wouldn’t give up Sexton , we don’t necessarily have to give up sexton in that trade either .

Right now there is little to no need for THT ..

With George , Dunn and sexton , I fail to see what the turnover offensive foul offers us .

I was just thinking that they’d likely want expirings instead.

Sexton/George
Herro/Clarkson
Markkanen/Agbaji
Collins/Hendricks
Kessler
I think you could rope in Milwaukee to provide the expiring contract of Allen and almost expiring contract of Pat Connaughton for Sexton. I think it will end up being a mega-trade when it happens with 4-5 teams.

I think you could rope in Milwaukee to provide the expiring contract of Allen and almost expiring contract of Pat Connaughton for Sexton. I think it will end up being a mega-trade when it happens with 4-5 teams.
What do we get out of it, though?

What do we get out of it, though?
Second round picks or stuff to route somewhere to get Herro… I didn’t say I wanted to do it btw… just guessing at what a deal could look like. I think Herro makes a ton of sense for Brooklyn but for us…. Nah.

If we got Milwaukee to provide the first for Herro that would be awesome.

When I look at our roster at the moment, we need defense and playmaking more than anything else. I wish we could find a guard that does both well. If we did, we would be in a good place to start the season with our front court and deep bench. Herro is pretty weak defensively and not a playmaker.

When I look at our roster at the moment, we need defense and playmaking more than anything else. I wish we could find a guard that does both well. If we did, we would be in a good place to start the season with our front court and deep bench. Herro is pretty weak defensively and not a playmaker.
TJ McConnell and Delon Wright are guys I could see being available and effective.