What's new

Danny Ainge has Traded/Signed for Seven White Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making an issue about the race of the players the Jazz have acquired, rather than their ability, their role and how their contracts fit with the team's direction. I doubt race factored into the decisions whatsoever.
What issue did I make by stating a fact that they have signed for/traded for 7 white players?

OP simply made a thread containing 100% factual information. Some posters chose to get triggered by it. Some posters chose to joke about it given the known stereotypes of Utah. OP laughed at those who got triggered.

ANd yes, when I make this thread I KNOW at least one or two people will take it as an attack on white people, and that **** is ****ing hilarious to me. I also know a lot of people will find it interesting or just join in on the self-deprecating "Utah is White" joke.

Making an issue about the race of the players the Jazz have acquired, rather than their ability, their role and how their contracts fit with the team's direction. I doubt race factored into the decisions whatsoever.
No, of course not. With the possible exception of this last deal, it seems to me that we've made some really savvy moves (and that includes trading Sneed out for Potter on the two way).

Just curious.....do you doubt race has ever played a factor in Jazz roster decisions? Or, just the current iteration?

The question would have to be, what was his record in Boston? And what is his goal? If he's trying to lose here (which he is, for now) and he picks up a bunch of white guys...

Just curious.....do you doubt race has ever played a factor in Jazz roster decisions? Or, just the current iteration?

My own opinion is that the Jazz probably still consider whether certain players are going to want to live and play in Salt Lake City. But I think this only applies to guys who are in the team's longterm plans. I don't think this applies to guys who are going to be at the end of the roster, or to guys who are just trying to establish themselves in the league. If you ask the fans which players they get excited about, the fans want guys who can play.

Maybe white or European players are less critical of Salt Lake City being a quiet, mostly white community in the high mountain desert. I mean, the place is obviously pretty boring, and that's a problem. However, it's a problem that a bunch of markets in the league have.

I think it is nothing but coincidental, that several players that were made available from other teams, that made sense on paper as return pieces with picks, or without, were of any particular race or belief system.
I do think it is kind of a strange , and really pretty narrow minded take by the OP though, to assume it was Ainge's complete and absolute only intent to seek out marketable players for a predominantly caucasian fanbase.
I could not disagree more.

What issue did I make by stating a fact that they have signed for/traded for 7 white players?

OP simply made a thread containing 100% factual information. Some posters chose to get triggered by it. Some posters chose to joke about it given the known stereotypes of Utah. OP laughed at those who got triggered.

ANd yes, when I make this thread I KNOW at least one or two people will take it as an attack on white people, and that **** is ****ing hilarious to me. I also know a lot of people will find it interesting or just join in on the self-deprecating "Utah is White" joke.

So you think it's remarkable that the Jazz signed some white players along with some black players, enough to make a thread about it. Got it. Now go have your lunchables and get back to class.

Status
Not open for further replies.