What's new

Dante Exum Averages .2 Steals Per Game

No worries. In two years Lindsey will package it with some fries (aka draft picks) and get a burger from In and Out.

Definitely not if it's in the back of the warehouse where nobody can see it.

See his suckiness? You don't know anything professional GMs of a multi-billion dollar league don't. You can't fool them. And if he actually is good and explodes with minutes, then why would you want to trade him? You make no sense.

Brutal Rubio play is still better than anything Exum provides. Even when Rubios shots are not falling at least he gets offense going. Exum on the other hand ****s everything.
Seriously, I am almost secretly wishing that Rubio would get some minor injury so Exum would get a chance to show how badly he sucks for few weeks at least. And after we would go on 2-10 or something record maybe all these Exum homers would finally leave this site or stop preaching him as not a bust...

On a 40 game sample of being able to play a meaningful role as a lead guard... I would be prepared to declare him an NBA 'bust'. But it is complicated by the stop start nature of his career. But yep - if he got a real run at it now and stunk up the joint I would come back here hat in hand.

See his suckiness? You don't know anything professional GMs of a multi-billion dollar league don't. You can't fool them. And if he actually is good and explodes with minutes, then why would you want to trade him? You make no sense.

I never said he would explode. I would hope he could have a couple great games that show he has potential that might be worth it to a bottom dweller NBA team.

Exum and Frank the Tank in NYC are suffering from the same issue of not being good enough with the ball to create for himself and others that they can't play the point, but they also can't shoot well enough to be able to play a wing position in the modern NBA. Kinda sad.

Exum and Frank the Tank in NYC are suffering from the same issue of not being good enough with the ball to create for himself and others that they can't play the point, but they also can't shoot well enough to be able to play a wing position in the modern NBA. Kinda sad.

Sandman.. I def hear the logic hear. I mean I think it's a handle issue right with the point play. Cause Exum can beat his man off the dribble and penetrate deep. That is the hardest part of point play right? Maybe he doesn't make neough good reads once he penetrates

Locke talks about Dante today. Last few minutes of the podcast -- starts around 30:30.

https://www.lockedonjazz.net/jazz/l...tatum-your-questions-on-exum-favors-and-more/

"Dante is not getting the short end of a stick or not being given a chance to develop or anything of that, I mean that's just not true. I watch it. He makes mistakes or misses plays and gets taken out. And if he misses shots he doesn't usually. When he drives and throws the ball in the third row of the crowd after they've been talking about don't make turnovers above the break that's it. When they work on something with him and they work and work and work and he makes a mistake..but no one's quit on Dante. Everyone's still engaged and wants him to do well."

"...But also let's be honest about where Dante is right now...Shooting 49% at the rim, 25% in the paint non-restricted, 29% on corner threes, 27% above the break threes. There aren't a lot of players in the league who play with that. I mean defensively he's terrific and he busts his butt and does great things. But there are not a lot of guys in the league shooting 38% from the field, 28% from three and the offense is about 8 points per 100 possessions worse when he's on the floor that play. There just aren't. This isn't unique to Quin. Go around the league and find me a guy with those stats that's playing. At some point it's great to develop him but there's a hell of a lot of pressure on this team to win and you've got to be responsible for what your statistics are. Does that mean Dante will never turn it around? No ..."

Locke talks about Dante today. Last few minutes of the podcast -- starts around 30:30.

https://www.lockedonjazz.net/jazz/l...tatum-your-questions-on-exum-favors-and-more/

"Dante is not getting the short end of a stick or not being given a chance to develop or anything of that, I mean that's just not true. I watch it. He makes mistakes or misses plays and gets taken out. And if he misses shots he doesn't usually. When he drives and throws the ball in the third row of the crowd after they've been talking about don't make turnovers above the break that's it. When they work on something with him and they work and work and work and he makes a mistake..but no one's quit on Dante. Everyone's still engaged and wants him to do well."

"...But also let's be honest about where Dante is right now...Shooting 49% at the rim, 25% in the paint non-restricted, 29% on corner threes, 27% above the break threes. There aren't a lot of players in the league who play with that. I mean defensively he's terrific and he busts his butt and does great things. But there are not a lot of guys in the league shooting 38% from the field, 28% from three and the offense is about 8 points per 100 possessions worse when he's on the floor that play. There just aren't. This isn't unique to Quin. Go around the league and find me a guy with those stats that's playing. At some point it's great to develop him but there's a hell of a lot of pressure on this team to win and you've got to be responsible for what your statistics are. Does that mean Dante will never turn it around? No ..."
Locke nailed it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Dante such a wasted talent. Incredible athlete. Trade him give him a chance. The only thing he's lacking is strength. When he gets stronger it's all over. He really doesn't need a shot cause he can get into the paint at will. Trade!!!

Dante such a wasted talent. Incredible athlete. Trade him give him a chance. The only thing he's lacking is strength. When he gets stronger it's all over. He really doesn't need a shot cause he can get into the paint at will. Trade!!!

Go away.