What's new

Darft Jimmer Fredette.

I think Jimmer's game would translate well as a Jazz man. One downside: "Jimmer" may be the gayest name in the history of names. If Utah somehow gets him, can I just call him Jim?

I think Jimmer's game would translate well as a Jazz man. One downside: "Jimmer" may be the gayest name in the history of names. If Utah somehow gets him, can I just call him Jim?

You're not allowed to use that word on this site cause people will take offense.

I'd like to see how far he can carry BYU in the tourney before deciding if i want him. Can't take too much from a game vs. Utes current basketball program.

Gerry McNamara, Juan Dixon, Joe Crispin, Dan Dickau, Dee Brown, Chris Lofton, Scottie Reynolds, Jon Scheyer, Greivis Vasquez...
There's been alot of great scoring point guards in college basketball the past decade. Love Jimmer, one of my favorite college basketball players this year and last night's performance was incredible, but the track record for scoring PG's with questionable quickness and facilitating skills translating to the NBA isn't great. He's not as quick as a Jameer Nelson or as good of a ball-handler and playmaker as Steph Curry.
Definitely worth a 2nd-round pick, could see him as a poor-man's Goran Dragic (not as big or as quick) but remember - Dragic was a 2nd-round pick as well. Not saying he isn't an NBA prospect, but he's not someone you make a midseason trade for in order to acquire a pick to hopefully select him. Personally I wouldn't be against resigning Watson for another season.

Gerry McNamara, Juan Dixon, Joe Crispin, Dan Dickau, Dee Brown, Chris Lofton, Scottie Reynolds, Jon Scheyer, Greivis Vasquez...
There's been alot of great scoring point guards in college basketball the past decade. Love Jimmer, one of my favorite college basketball players this year and last night's performance was incredible, but the track record for scoring PG's with questionable quickness and facilitating skills translating to the NBA isn't great. He's not as quick as a Jameer Nelson or as good of a ball-handler and playmaker as Steph Curry.
Definitely worth a 2nd-round pick, could see him as a poor-man's Goran Dragic (not as big or as quick) but remember - Dragic was a 2nd-round pick as well. Not saying he isn't an NBA prospect, but he's not someone you make a midseason trade for in order to acquire a pick to hopefully select him. Personally I wouldn't be against resigning Watson for another season.

I can understand some of your points, but he can get his shot off against ANYONE. I mean, just look at his elevation and tell me that he won't be able to at least shoot in the NBA.

I can understand some of your points, but he can get his shot off against ANYONE. I mean, just look at his elevation and tell me that he won't be able to at least shoot in the NBA.
Absolutely agree he can be an outstanding knock-down shooter. My concern is I'm not convinced he can guard or play PG efficiently in most offenses, so if he's just a shooter/scorer then teams could put a bigger SG on him and that takes away alot of that scoring ability off the bounce.

Good points.

But none of those players listed above had the range or scoring ability that Jimmer has.

Jaycee Carrol, Hansbarough, Adam Morrison, McNamara, Hayward :)..........

Jimmer is just another long list of amazing white kids that can score in college, he is this years Hayward except atleast Hayward is athletic.

How many white guards have been worth a first round pick in the last 10 years?......Off the top of my head?.....JJ Redick.....maybe.

Kirk Hinrich was also worth a first round pick, not comparing them though.

People already said Terry and House but another one would be Bobby Jackson and the guy he was traded to Sacto for cannot remember his name but he was a high volume scorer but don't think he lasted past his 2nd contract.

People already said Terry and House but another one would be Bobby Jackson and the guy he was traded to Sacto for cannot remember his name but he was a high volume scorer but don't think he lasted past his 2nd contract.
One difference is Jackson was a much better defensive player. His last year at Minnesota they went deep into the NCAA's and a great deal of their success was their on-ball pressure, a staple of those Clem Haskins' teams (along with NCAA probation). If you're really looking for a successful NBA player to compare him to, maybe you could call him a quicker Steve Kerr with a better handle that can shoot off the dribble?

It was bugging me so I went back to Sacto's 1999 roster and it was Tony Delk. He did play longer then I remembered but I do remember him scoring 52 one game.

Jimmer is an NBA late 1st round pick and I wish him well in the NBA.

I do not want a smallish, slowish SG in a PG's body on the Jazz however. He is too slow to be a great PG in the NBA and does not have the handle to make up for it (ala Deron). He's too short to be a great SG and not athletic enough to make up for it (ala Price). The guy can flat out shoot and that alone will give him a shot at sticking in the NBA though. I'm just not that fond of smallish SG's and that's where I believe he's going to have to play in the NBA.

Kind of the same way I always felt about Andre Miller except for different reason's. Miller had the size and athleticism I just did not want a PG that could not shoot playing for the Jazz.

I like Jimmer Fredette but it's probably not happening and the Jazz have other needs as well.

Just because you can shoot and play PG it doesn't mean you're a SG. Jimmer is a PG and will play PG at the next level. There have been plenty of scoring PG's in the league.

Jimmer is an NBA late 1st round pick and I wish him well in the NBA.

I do not want a smallish, slowish SG in a PG's body on the Jazz however. He is too slow to be a great PG in the NBA and does not have the handle to make up for it (ala Deron). He's too short to be a great SG and not athletic enough to make up for it (ala Price). The guy can flat out shoot and that alone will give him a shot at sticking in the NBA though. I'm just not that fond of smallish SG's and that's where I believe he's going to have to play in the NBA.

Kind of the same way I always felt about Andre Miller except for different reason's. Miller had the size and athleticism I just did not want a PG that could not shoot playing for the Jazz.

Have you watched him this year? He's not a SG. He was early on in College, but hasn't been since his sophomore year. He's made himself into a PG this year.

I believe someone covered this in another thread.
Jimmer will go in the 1st round, and we don't have a 1st round pick.

The End.

I can't find anywhere online that we don't have a 1st round pick this year. I'm pretty sure the 1st we traded away for Jefferson was last year...

I can't find anywhere online that we don't have a 1st round pick this year. I'm pretty sure the 1st we traded away for Jefferson was last year...

How do you trade a draft pick after the draft? Please send whatever drugs you're on to:

PO Box #1 Troll
Troll Box Lane
Drugsniffindog, Mexico

Thanks.