What's new

David Locke - Utah Jazz are NOT tanking

Just to finish this thread off.. Locke now implying we’re tanking..

At 2.50min of his latest video:

“The Jazz are currently at 8 with a real chance to get as low or as good as 5 the way things are trending. A really realistic chance if they manage this correctly”.

So what does “manage this correctly” mean, Locke?

LOL

He’s basically implying we’re tanking.

View: https://youtu.be/g_v4wgrLf8Y

I still think it's hilarious that Locke called out Andy Larsen on his show just a week ago for suggesting that the Jazz have started tanking, and now he's suggesting the exact same thing that Andy was.

I still think it's hilarious that Locke called out Andy Larsen on his show just a week ago for suggesting that the Jazz have started tanking, and now he's suggesting the exact same thing that Andy was.
Excuse me sir... we are not tanking... we are managing a draft asset correctly. GTFOH... we are above tanking and only nerdy Andy would even suggest it.

This is just how it is. When things are out there and the FO pushes out ideas to counter it, the entire (well, mostly entire) media dismiss it. Then, after the fact, acknowledge it as if it were obvious the whole time. Like after DL got fired. “Oh yeah, so many problems, like all the ones we actively denied for so long.”

Excuse me sir... we are not tanking... we are managing a draft asset correctly. GTFOH... we are above tanking and only nerdy Andy would even suggest it.
Also lets take a spin on Tankathon... this daily tankathon spin is brough to you by Built Bar!

This actually pisses me off. I did it enough yesterday, having a >25% chance at top for and of maybe 100 simulations I swear it felt like 15%.
Also, except for moving up for Kanter, I believe we’ve been on the losing end of every lottery (moving back at least twice) and losing every coin flip (that 2012 GSW one hurts).

Also, except for moving up for Kanter, I believe we’ve been on the losing end of every lottery (moving back at least twice) and losing every coin flip (that 2012 GSW one hurts).
Even when we did have the higher picks look who we took, Penis Cancer and DedEx and purposely moved up so we could take Deron over CP3. **** me.

This is just how it is. When things are out there and the FO pushes out ideas to counter it, the entire (well, mostly entire) media dismiss it. Then, after the fact, acknowledge it as if it were obvious the whole time. Like after DL got fired. “Oh yeah, so many problems, like all the ones we actively denied for so long.”
this one is particularly hilarious though... because it wasn't like months before they reversed the narrative... it was like a couple days. He went from "we ain't tankin... lolz at Larsens" to taking a daily spin on TANKathon.com over like a weekend.

I ain't even mad... I just think its hilarious when anyone buys it.

Does Locke still pronounce Luka's name as "Donk-itch"? I didn't mind the PR spin he put on everything because he would sometimes still have interesting info, but I stopped listening a while ago because I couldn't handle the mispronounced names and frequency of ad reads

Does Locke still pronounce Luka's name as "Donk-itch"? I didn't mind the PR spin he put on everything because he would sometimes still have interesting info, but I stopped listening a while ago because I couldn't handle the mispronounced names and frequency of ad reads
You are aware there are fast forward buttons? We arent listening to podcast on vinyl

You're not a big fan of Mint Brownie Build Bars, i take it?

The body language of the team does not look like they are tanking but who knows ?
because the players definitely are not tanking. players never do tank as they are always wanting to present themselves in the best light. the way to tank is to make trades that decimate your overall talent - which the Jazz have absolutely done.

you can take it a step further by holding your best guys out - which the Jazz don't appear to be willing to do and most teams don't generally do. every bad nba team is playing their best players right now.